Recommended Posts

DimaB77    109

Who is not lazy, PLEASE see what other interesting ideas and schemes I have not considered on the site.

Spoiler

If you don't prompt me, I'll start spamming this forum with SPOM schemes and other trivial stuff. I warned you! :roll:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
degr    142

Write something about space biome. How to collect regolith, fed shove voleys, chill robominers, protect stuff from asteroids, build space automation with best network scan quality and so on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tranoze    344
10 minutes ago, degr said:

Write something about space biome. How to collect regolith, fed shove voleys, chill robominers, protect stuff from asteroids, build space automation with best network scan quality and so on

Space automation with best network scan quality is totally useless, because you either have to use filter gate or buffer gate, and on save/load, if there a meteor incoming, those gate got reset and ruin your entire setup, so i dont think there a good way to use 200 secs network scan because of this.
It better to have network scan of 30~40% and just use one not gate, it is much much safer than complex auto for meteor to my experience.

Basically meteor incoming -> scanner send green -> filter/buffer or what ever you use -> bunker door. But if you have to exit the game during that time, Scanner will send a green signal again when you load, and it will delay the filter and buffer back to beginning, and even meteor is 10 secs away from hitting your stuff, because buffer is reset, bunker will open for another 150 secs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Space automation with best network scan quality is totally useless, because you either have to use filter gate or buffer gate, and on save/load, if there a meteor incoming, those gate got reset and ruin your entire setup, so i dont think there a good way to use 200 secs network scan because of this.
It better to have network scan of 30~40% and just use one not gate, it is much much safer than complex auto for meteor to my experience.

Basically meteor incoming -> scanner send green -> filter/buffer or what ever you use -> bunker door. But if you have to exit the game during that time, Scanner will send a green signal again when you load, and it will delay the filter and buffer back to beginning, and even meteor is 10 secs away from hitting your stuff, because buffer is reset, bunker will open for another 150 secs.

Are signal counters reset on save/load? Could you make something such that the scanners go through an XOR gate to open a pipe shutoff then a pipe element sensor counts a single packet in the pipe of known length (e.g. 9 to the right, 1 down (with another shutoff controlled by a 'NAND' gate combination), 9 to the left then 1 'up' via the shutoff) 'x' times (e.g. 8) so that it will close at an appropriate time, with the output of the counter going to the other XOR gate, and the bunker doors (via a NOT gate); and both the scanners and counter going to the 'NAND' gate?

     ¦ Scanner ¦ Counter ¦ XOR ¦ AND ¦ 'NAND' ¦ Bunker Doors
t=0  ¦ TRUE    ¦ 1 = RED ¦ ON  ¦ OFF ¦ ON     ¦ OPEN
t=20 ¦ TRUE    ¦ 2 = RED ¦ ON  ¦ OFF ¦ ON     ¦ OPEN
t=40 ¦ TRUE    ¦ 3 = RED ¦ ON  ¦ OFF ¦ ON     ¦ OPEN
...
t=140¦ TRUE    ¦ 8=GREEN ¦ OFF ¦ ON  ¦ OFF    ¦ CLOSED
flow round the counter loop is now interrupted as XOR and NAND controlled shutoffs close

Storm stops:
XOR and NAND open, packet loops once, setting counter to '1' (triggering bunker doors to open),
XOR controlled shutoff now closes interrupting the loop.

Positioning the pipe element sensor in the appropriate place relative to the shutoffs would allow fine tuning of the timings such that the bunker doors will be triggered to open sooner in the cycle (e.g. 4 seconds?), and perhaps setting the counter to '9' will cause the t for bunker door closure to be 144seconds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blueberry pi    61

water weeds, these poor plants don't get the recognition they deserve, you only need 2.5 plants if you eat the lettuce raw and dupe harvest it (3.33 if no auto harvest), that's the same as a sleet wheat making frost buns or pepper bread, and a single tame squeaky puft can feed a lot of plants (even if it's complicated to ranch them), a single salt water geyser can sustain lots of plants, even the weaker ones. they consume much less water than sleet wheat (60 kg salt water per harvest vs 360 kg water per harvest, both per plant), they need less cooling and you can cool down the farm instead of the salt water from the geyser, you can combine it with wild dusk caps to make mushroom wraps.

So i recommend a complex circuit taming the easily cooled chlorine vent, and salt water vent, bringing the resources together, ranching and maintaining a squeaky puft and growing water weeds semi-industrially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DimaB77    109
On 7/10/2021 at 7:24 PM, degr said:

Write something about space biome

It's a good idea.

upd. Done.

Edited by DimaB77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    262

and this is ribbon automation for same setup, this allows easy setup it to work gas flow to opposite direction if needed 

 

doorautomation.png.f32879e3cf48591a134d880e2afaafcc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tranoze    344
14 hours ago, LadenSwallow said:

 Could you make something such that the scanners go through an XOR gate to open a pipe shutoff then a pipe element sensor counts a single packet in the pipe of known length

Scanner is used for detecting when meteor shower end and not just when meteor shower started. Let say your timer work on save/load.
Bunker door need to be open when meteor shower ended, which should bypass all timer.
Let say it 20 secs until meteor shower come, and you save and quit.
Then you load in. Because it 20 secs, all bunker door should in close status by now.
Because bunker door is close, meteor detector is now at 0% accuracy, and it has around 10% chance to say that there are no meteor shower, because it range is from 0 to 200.
If it say there are no meteor shower, bunker door will open.
Now since your timer work, you have to wait 144 secs for bunker door to close, which at that point, everything is destroyed.

Actually build a set up ingame that work instead of just theory. Other than save/load, there still tons of problem.


Scanner always need to have 100% network when it detect a meteor in perfect set up, if it is lower for any reason (maybe your base run low on power and bunker door not close/open fast, and because of low power, digger also cant dig.), no matter what type of timer it use, it will fail.

I gave up on making 100% accuracy scanner when i realize how unreliable that is, 

Edited by Tranoze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DimaB77    109
3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

and this is ribbon automation for same setup

For the task of pumping CO2 it is hardly useful. But the idea itself is a good one. I will add it to the article on automation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    262
35 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

For the task of pumping CO2 it is hardly useful.

only thing is that setup what you posted can be used in any gas not only CO2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DimaB77    109

Yes, of course. At the beginning of the article I write. Paraphrased from "...and most tricks will help in getting rid of any other gases (chlorine, natural gas, etc.)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now