Recommended Posts

c4x8932    3

have already explored every corner in this campaign,but found no exit door.

Have anyone met this before? Could it be fixed? 

It's day 11 of endless plus, wish to move on sincerely. 

1823999834_2021-07-0910_56_22.thumb.png.f8e41e81d547c316430694d9a19ee3c6.png1823999834_2021-07-0910_56_22.thumb.png.f8e41e81d547c316430694d9a19ee3c6.png1243040525_2021-07-0910_56_51.thumb.png.a2f9a2c9c706ff1ce54cc34280497f13.png

截屏2021-07-09 上午10.14.29.png

截屏2021-07-09 上午10.56.38.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mobbstar    14114

Very strange. I can't think of any explanation.

Is one of those databases a Facility database? If not, you can try to enable DevMode and reveal the whole facility via the debug menu. Either way should let us know if the exit exists at all.

If there is no exit, or the exit is legitimately inaccessible, you can try to enable DevMode to finish the mission (ctrl+w to instantly extract all agents).

To enable DevMode, go to your game installation and open main.lua, then change the line that says DEV from "false" to "true". To open the debug menu, press ctrl+~ (may be a different key such as ö depending on your keyboard).

 

Do you use any mods? Could you post the savefile so we can find out the mission seed and possibly make a mod to fix this, if it is a basegame bug?

@c4x8932 pinging you because you aren't following the thread.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
c4x8932    3
6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Very strange. I can't think of any explanation.

Is one of those databases a Facility database? If not, you can try to enable DevMode and reveal the whole facility via the debug menu. Either way should let us know if the exit exists at all.

If there is no exit, or the exit is legitimately inaccessible, you can try to enable DevMode to finish the mission (ctrl+w to instantly extract all agents).

To enable DevMode, go to your game installation and open main.lua, then change the line that says DEV from "false" to "true". To open the debug menu, press ctrl+~ (may be a different key such as ö depending on your keyboard).

 

Do you use any mods? Could you post the savefile so we can find out the mission seed and possibly make a mod to fix this, if it is a basegame bug?

@c4x8932 pinging you because you aren't following the thread.

thank you so much!

I followed your guidance and found this:

86418239_2021-07-0910_46_25.thumb.png.599b744d90c10257b5a02b072ba637a4.png

so it‘s truly a strange bug while the map was generated?

now I've got some other questions if you don't mind:

1.if I use ctrl+w to continue the game, will the achievements "survive 10 days" and "survive 20 days" be accomplished?

2.I failed to find the savefile in my installation (macOS),  would you mind telling me where it is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mobbstar    14114
15 hours ago, c4x8932 said:

1.if I use ctrl+w to continue the game, will the achievements "survive 10 days" and "survive 20 days" be accomplished?

2.I failed to find the savefile in my installation (macOS),  would you mind telling me where it is?

1. Achievements are disabled while DevMode is active. You can fix that in two ways: Easy way is to "verify file integrity" via Steam and it'll disable DevMode again. Arcane way is to perform the Meta-Hacking achievement. In either case, your game should then give you the day achievements after finishing another mission.

2. Omar on Discord says

Quote

I was struggling to find various folders/files on mac.
game logs: tail -f ~/Documents/Klei/InvisibleInc/logs/invisibleinc.txt
main.lua: vim "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/InvisibleInc/InvisibleInc.app/Contents/Resources/main.lua"

To clarify, please try getting us the savefile *before* using ctrl+w

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hekateras    443
1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

1. Achievements are disabled while DevMode is active. You can fix that in two ways: Easy way is to "verify file integrity" via Steam and it'll disable DevMode again. Arcane way is to perform the Meta-Hacking achievement. In either case, your game should then give you the day achievements after finishing another mission.

2. Omar on Discord says

To clarify, please try getting us the savefile *before* using ctrl+w

1. Instead of what Mobbstar suggests (which is fine but too complicated IMO), I recommend the following:

- Debug-teleport your agents one by one to the exit room - select an agent, hover over a tile in the exit room, and press Ctrl+T

- Save and exit via the menu (I mention this explicitly because with debug mode active, simply closing the window won't autosave your game as usually)

- Share the savefile with us, DISABLE dev mode again by changing the 'true' value back to 'false'

- Load game and exit mission the regular way (through teleporter)

 

This should be sufficient as long as the only changes you made to the game's files were enabling dev mode and then disabling it again. You can still do the verify cache integrity step Mobbstar mentioned to be on the safe side, but don't stress about it. For instance, I got to day 21 on Endless with debug mode enabled, realised I didn't get the achievement, disabled it again, and still got the achievement retroactively after the next mission.

The short version is that no, temporary changes to the game won't ruin your achievement. The game only cares about the integrity of the files at the point when it actually makes the achievement check, and it keeps making the check for certain achievements after every mission.

Edited by Hekateras
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mobbstar    14114

Cyberboy2000 pointed out that this has been reported before, and identified as a problem with the laser grid (specifically the prefab "barrier_laser_6", which is the layout where there are forcibly walls parallel on both sides)

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

I am unsure if it has ever been patched by a mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mobbstar    14114
2 hours ago, Hekateras said:

Something for Community Bugfix Mod maybe

Cyberboy had already published a patch earlier today, in Sim Constructor (the mod API mod that most mods require so you likely have it already anyways)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now