good idea  

85 members have voted

1. 1. question

• yes
    • no

HowlVoid    3879

I also wish I could re-shape the world to some extent like getting rid of useless holes (and maybe rivers)  in the world.

Also, when are we going to have a way to bring back all non-renewable resources. It wouldn't affect the difficulty of the game at all, its just annoying. There is one catcoon left in my world and I don't ever use them for food, I mean don't buzzards respawn infinitely? Their respawn point is out of reach too. 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

Theon    125

I love the fact that it had no replies, maybe the poll is already a answer

Edited by Theon

Hornete    10213

I enjoy the patterns worlds have with certain biomes linking with certain other biomes, so I oppose the idea of biomes being able to generate beside any other biome in the game. But I do want variety.

I really hope we'll get some classic ds-like setpieces for the ocean soon, we don't really have any setpieces out there :(

• Like 4

Guille6785    1017
7 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

image.png.1f169166283564c90a269f1c6e928768.png i just leave this here

I wasn't talking about resource variety, that just swaps out exisiting items for others

Dr.Medic    1342
Just now, Guille6785 said:

I wasn't talking about resource variety, that just swaps out exisiting items for others

well there still part of this world or not?

• Like 1

Guille6785    1017
14 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I enjoy the patterns worlds have with certain biomes linking with certain other biomes, so I oppose the idea of biomes being able to generate beside any other biome in the game.

maybe it could be a setting

W0l0l0    845

I can see an argument for not having too much variety, in fear of really bad and unpredictable worlds, but at least some additional diversity, and generation options that can do that would be really welcome. I'd like to add a minimum wormhole pair distance, or a restriction for them to only generate in different biomes. Also with tentapillars. In fact, some wormhole generation options would be really cool actually. 

• Like 1

Gourmand    1149

The game is a decade old. The Constant mainland has remained static and flat to look at. Take the savannah biome, it's just grass tufts, rabbit holes and beefalo. Otherwise, 99% of the biome has flat yellpw turf. Same goes for every biome except maybe the swamp and deciduous which have at least some interesting things going for it. I would 100% pay for a new starting island in the form of DLC, if that's what it takes to overhaul or ideally give us an entire new set of biomes to play with.

59 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I also wish I could re-shape the world to some extent like getting rid of useless holes (and maybe rivers)  in the world.

Also, when are we going to have a way to bring back all non-renewable resources. It wouldn't affect the difficulty of the game at all, its just annoying. There is one catcoon left in my world and I don't ever use them for food, I mean don't buzzards respawn infinitely? Their respawn point is out of reach too. 

I was hoping to get a terraforming tool in RoT, a new magic pitchfork maybe. 

• Like 2

Captain_Rage    1903

Even seasonal variety is welcome. It feels a bit silly and monotone that no natural rain ever occurs in the summer. If the weather would be a bit more varied things would probably be more fun and the Rainometer could even serve a purpose.

• Like 1

Szczuku    17286

On top of some of the stuff op said I'll also add that Klei should add more variants of plants and structures.

More sprites for boulders, grass, trees, seeds. More 'cousin' resources like juicy berries. Make them spawn naturally with original resources. Seriously getting a twigy trees world is such a pain.

• Like 4

WoodieMain45684    1220

I like the idea of more variety in worldgen, but like hornet, I think that there should also be some degree of order with what Task generates where. More optional tasks like the miniature biomes you suggested would be a good start, I would even recommend more biome mixups like a rocky swamp or a deciduous biome that has a beefalo enclosure.

A thing to note about this is that it most likely wouldn't require too much effort to add these tasks.... as we have multiple rooms which already make up the building blocks of what we would like to see in tasks that are similar to previous versions.

Edited by WoodieMain45684
  • Like 4

Cowboy Maxwell    452

I'm gonna stop you right there. Now what you said is true (speaking to OP poster), I've noticed a difference that happens on a rare occasion when I'm playing Webber specifically. Lunar biomes will sometimes randomly spawn close enough to build a single boat bridge to hop over to. Just a small archipelago of three islands that you can connect to each other by a single boat. But this only happens when I play as Webber. And it is with default settings on. It only started after the rework though. 

Guille6785    1017
1 minute ago, pikamuse said:

I'm gonna stop you right there. Now what you said is true (speaking to OP poster), I've noticed a difference that happens on a rare occasion when I'm playing Webber specifically. Lunar biomes will sometimes randomly spawn close enough to build a single boat bridge to hop over to. Just a small archipelago of three islands that you can connect to each other by a single boat. But this only happens when I play as Webber. And it is with default settings on. It only started after the rework though. 

the world is generated before you select your character so that makes no sense, you've probably just been playing mostly webber since the rework launched hence you think there's a correlation

• Like 2

Cowboy Maxwell    452
Just now, Guille6785 said:

the world is generated before you select your character so that makes no sense, you've probably just been playing mostly webber since the rework launched hence you think there's a correlation

Before actually. I'm a Webber main. But it's still a rare occurrence that shows that other biomes than the norm get generated.

goblinball    257

I don’t think making worlds more random or complex will make exploring more enjoyable, it will still be just “run around until you found all the important things” and making worlds more varied will lead to more objectively worse/better worlds, which is annoying because world gen is important, and you can’t just hold a button until you get a good world seed like you can in isaac or something, you have to explore the world before realizing if it’s good/bad, which takes a while. I do think some more complexities in world gen that are either constant in all worlds or are too small to be significant would be nice, but making worlds more RNG-based is asking for trouble without much payoff.

• Like 3

Guille6785    1017
1 hour ago, goblinball said:

I don’t think making worlds more random or complex will make exploring more enjoyable, it will still be just “run around until you found all the important things” and making worlds more varied will lead to more objectively worse/better worlds, which is annoying because world gen is important, and you can’t just hold a button until you get a good world seed like you can in isaac or something, you have to explore the world before realizing if it’s good/bad, which takes a while. I do think some more complexities in world gen that are either constant in all worlds or are too small to be significant would be nice, but making worlds more RNG-based is asking for trouble without much payoff.

I'm not asking for important landmarks to be shoved into random corners of the map, I'm saying the current worldgen is insanely monotonous and every world I play feels the same

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 1

Guille6785    1017
4 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

adding on to this spawning in different biomes than the regular biome could be a thing too i guess

I'm fine with the starter biome being the way it is because it's necessary for players to have important resources within reach, idk what to change here without it being a net negative

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 3