Sign in to follow this  
EricKlei

[Spaced Out! Update] - 469473

Recommended Posts

Tytan    153
2 hours ago, LZ96 said:

where's IpsquiggleDid you kidnap him Eric?

hasuhauhsuahsu I thought the same thing, but erik seems to be responsible for system issues.

I've seen him talking a lot about linux and others

  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    2975

Anybody having any insight on how the M1 runs Oni in comparison to some AMD64 CPU? (Yes, I asked this before...)

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SharraShimada    1139
5 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Anybody having any insight on how the M1 runs Oni in comparison to some AMD64 CPU? (Yes, I asked this before...)

I guess... no. I heard apple users dont know fun, and they dont solve problems but let them solve by apple. So i guess, they dont play Oni ;)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pether    1192

Its all laugh and giggles, but I can confirm there are apple users who play ONI. They are not a majority, but they are there

  • Spool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRup    528
1 hour ago, pether said:

Its all laugh and giggles, but I can confirm there are apple users who play ONI. They are not a majority, but they are there

I would have somehow surmised that there were ONI players that have to use apple... But I digress.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    2975
11 hours ago, Yunru said:

"An Apple a day keeps the doctor away!" Due to robbing you of your budget.

Undertakers are cheaper anyways!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bummins    7
On 6/29/2021 at 10:10 AM, Gurgel said:

Anybody having any insight on how the M1 runs Oni in comparison to some AMD64 CPU? (Yes, I asked this before...)

I can confirm it runs as smooth as butter, i was shocked how my MacBook Pro performs compared with my Alienware I7 laptop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    2975
6 hours ago, bummins said:

I can confirm it runs as smooth as butter, i was shocked how my MacBook Pro performs compared with my Alienware I7 laptop. 

Thanks. That is good news because it confirms there is no reason to stick with AMD64 long-term. That architecture has mostly run its course with not much headroom left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spkthed    171
On 7/1/2021 at 1:16 AM, Gurgel said:

Thanks. That is good news because it confirms there is no reason to stick with AMD64 long-term. That architecture has mostly run its course with not much headroom left.

It's been a good run but it's time and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRup    528
On 6/30/2021 at 11:16 PM, Gurgel said:

Thanks. That is good news because it confirms there is no reason to stick with AMD64 long-term. That architecture has mostly run its course with not much headroom left.

At least we didn't get itanium shoved down our wallets. x86 and derivatives are nevertheless too widespread to see an overnight shift in tech, though.

On the bright side, seeing that there is dev time dedicated to possibly having native solutions for other procs makes me have a good outlook on ONI's shelf life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this