Anarchosyn

Absolutely in love with this - Thank you, Klei (+ will there be more?)

Anarchosyn    27

Though aware of this title since its announcement, I never paid much attention during early access. Don't Starve was my first experience with Early Access titles, having played it since the early pre-Steam browser game days, and any interest in Griftlands was mostly due to my general fondness for the company. 

... but, a few days back - upon noticing its availability in full retail - I snagged it up, again mostly due to my more general love of Klei. 

And you know what? I initially thought it an overcomplicated spin on what Slay the Spire did so elegantly. Yet I stuck with it, and after a few short sessions, began to appreciate the unique ingenuity of this title on its own merits. So thank you Klei - color me both surprised and impressed with what you have put on offer here. 

Question: (to the community, or whomever)

As I said, I haven't been following this one too closely. I was curious if the developers have expressed any desire or intentions to continue supporting this title now that it is launched? To be clear, by 'support,' I mean in terms of content.  

Sales are always a factor, I'm aware, but has any chattered regarding new cards or characters bubbled into the public? 

Given the exhaustive testing and balancing even cards would demand, I'm not expecting new full on storylines and characters, but wouldn't turn them down. I have enough to keep me happy for a while, but I'm always greedy for more when introduced to brilliance. 

Thanks again.

Edited by Anarchosyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1

Anarchosyn    27
12 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hey there, 

Welcome back. =)

At this time we don't have any plans for more Griftlands content or DLC. That being said, who knows? I don't like to ever say we absolutely won't do more for a game because that often turns out to be not totally true, but at least for now we don't have any plans. 

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, thanks for your support!

The process must have been exhausting, so I get that a much needed break would be in order. 

Oh well, I'll keep my ears to the ground for the time being. Thanks again! 

• Like 2

TaschDraws    766

Even though there's nothing in the works at the moment, the community is quite dedicated!
There's a ton of fan-content already and several impressive mods (and I guarantee you if we can crack how to mod the character art/animation, it's over lmao), so we haven't even scratched what's possible yet :D 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

jamies    4

Second this!
Absolutely loving the game, even got it on switch in addition to having it on Steam..

Thing is, the story is such a big part of this..

We NEED MORE!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

TaschDraws    766
12 hours ago, Darth Shroud said:

if it sells, why not put more development into it?

I mean it literally just released, so even if there were plans this second, we wouldn't see anything for quite a while haha. The team is still objectively really small, so since their hands will be full with general stability/bug fixes across different platforms for a while as it is, this just gives them an opportunity to see how well received the game is before deciding whether or not to plan or announce anything -- not to mention the absolutely mammoth task of translating the game (with how much dialogue/wordplay this game has oh god :cower:).

When resources/manpower aren't endless, it's always better to have a single, well-polished game than it is to have a bunch of extra content and 10x the bugs :D 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm just looking for more story with existing gameplay mechanics, you know?

I think there's a lot you can add to this game without needing new gameplay ideas necessarily.

I would be happy if you had Sal, Rook, and Smith travel to each other's areas and start a new quest that lasts 5 days with the same factions around.

• Big Ups 1

minespatch    86752
3 hours ago, Darth Shroud said:

I would be happy if you had Sal, Rook, and Smith travel to each other's areas and start a new quest that lasts 5 days with the same factions around.

Sounds exactly like the 2017 trailer.

TaschDraws    766
8 hours ago, Darth Shroud said:

Yeah, I'm just looking for more story with existing gameplay mechanics, you know?

I think there's a lot you can add to this game without needing new gameplay ideas necessarily.

Oh yeah for sure, I'd love that as well! The Grifters in a group campaign/interacting in some way does seem to be the number one thing everyone mentions when it comes to additional story content :D

• Like 2