Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Kuba14682

One file completely breaks dst, can't install nor start the game

Kuba14682    1

Hello everyone,

It has been a hot topic lately, where many people can't launch their game at all, and others can launch and play it just fine. It all happened because of the new update, that updated the menu animations for the new update that breaks the game. 

Veryfing the game doesn't help at all, because the file is completely corrupted and steam nor I myself can't remove it so the game cannot start at all.

I attached an image that proves it. The file is called *dst_menu_walter* 

(When in the local files, when I try to remove it, windows says the file is corrupted and unable to be deleted, i didn't include it because It's not in English)

Let's hope admins see this topic ASAP.337054878_Screenshot2021-06-0806-39-16.thumb.jpg.a2cc0f45d2f34449580aed12d2d6e158.jpg

Frashaw27    1474
47 minutes ago, Kuba14682 said:

It has been a hot topic lately, where many people can't launch their game at all, and others can launch and play it just fine. It all happened because of the new update, that updated the menu animations for the new update that breaks the game. 

Not really, as when I looked in both the bug tracker and steam forums, there has been no mention of this issue on either the forums or the steam community, so I don't really think that it is as prevalent an issue as you're presenting. While crashes do happen do the authentic due to pasta of code that makes DST, it doesn't corrupt files. It might have been some outside force corrupting the file, but it is highly unlikely that they did anything with a file that hasn't been used in months. Regardless of how they, or anyone else, would potentially corrupt a now obsolete and dust gathering file, the problem at hand can be solved on windows. This is most likely an isolated incident or has only effected a handful of people.