Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Baark0

Add a mod pack system, or a way to enable multiple mods at once

Baark0    815

Nothing is more annoying than when my game crashes and DST thinks its due to mods, and I have to go and re-enable the like 20 or so client mods I use pretty much everywhere. I suggest a mod pack tab to be created, to auto enable a list of mods instantly. For those of who you have played tmodloader, think of the mod packs there.

What it might look like:

modpacksmenu.thumb.png.1d06674ac6104d6535933ac0a8ba1f44.png

The check mark box would be used to enable all mods in the pack.

Karitha    3147

I asked this mod categorizing before, so we will be able to make modpacks for hamlet or shipwrecked and change to another whenever we want.

There is a mod does this but it only works for Clientside mods.

Baark0    815
18 hours ago, penguin0616 said:

Have you tried turning off mod disabling?

If the game thinks mods caused a crash, then they're all disabled, and even then, that still doesn't help people who want to enable a lot of mods at once, for example, you might have survival mods and forge mods that you'd prefer to keep seperate.

penguin0616    1085
21 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

If the game thinks mods caused a crash, then they're all disabled

In my experience, when mod disabling is turned off, then they don't get disabled, regardless of what causes the crash.

Cheggf    4023
1 hour ago, Baark0 said:

If the game thinks mods caused a crash, then they're all disabled

You can put a line of text into a configuration file somewhere to disable mods disabling when the game crashes. I don't remember what the line is, or where the configuration file is. I assume the file is C:\Users\User\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Numbers\client.ini but my hard drive I had the game on died so my configuration file is reset and lacks any such line, so if it does go there I'm not sure what it is.

Baark0    815
3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You can put a line of text into a configuration file somewhere to disable mods disabling when the game crashes. I don't remember what the line is, or where the configuration file is. I assume the file is C:\Users\User\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Numbers\client.ini but my hard drive I had the game on died so my configuration file is reset and lacks any such line, so if it does go there I'm not sure what it is.

A mod pack system would still be very much welcome, as this is more of a band-aid fix than a proper solution. Plus, it also doesn't solve the problem of people wanting to have different mod packs for different worlds or gamemodes.

Side note, if anyone happens to know the line of text you're meant to put in to disable mods disabling, feel free to say so.

Fuffles    4304

You know, making a client mod for this should be simple enough, I'll look at this when I get home

Wardin25    2507
On 5/30/2021 at 6:10 AM, Fuffles said:

You know, making a client mod for this should be simple enough, I'll look at this when I get home

see ya in 3 months when u get the mod

Wardin25    2507
1 minute ago, Fuffles said:

Oh well, it was almost finished but I guess I have about 2.75 months left :P

pleasant surprise

Jrramon_GOLD    1074

You know those minecraft mega minecraft modpacks? It would be cool if you could like make your own DST mega modpack with custom confirgurations and code and etc. You get what im saying. But yea klei should 100% add this to their game.

Baark0    815
On 6/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, TemporarySolutn said:

There is a mod for this, batch enable workshop mods or something

Mods are great, but if your mods get disabled due to a crash, then you still need to re enable this mod, then re enable all your other mods. A band-aid solution, but a solution nontheless.

TemporarySolutn    1056
13 hours ago, Baark0 said:

Mods are great, but if your mods get disabled due to a crash, then you still need to re enable this mod, then re enable all your other mods. A band-aid solution, but a solution nontheless.

first off you can disable mod disabling, and secondly you would just need to re-enable the mod, the "batches" are kept in the config so that last part really doesnt make much sense

Baark0    815

I've only heard that you can do it, never any specifics on how to do it other than a vague location as to where to find the location where you can enter some string of text to disable mod disabling.