Griftlands Launch Release Date - June 1st!

• Developer

gl_launch_smith_tease_gif_16x9.gif

Hey Grifters,

Griftlands launched into Alpha almost two years ago. At that time, Sal was the only playable character, and her story wasn't even complete. We've added two additional player characters, dozens of new npcs and bosses, and hundreds of cards since then, all with the help of our community. I'm very proud of how this game turned out, and I’m very excited to share it with the world! 

So, without further delay, we are launching Griftlands 1.0 on June 1st. This will bring the conclusion of Smith's story to all players outside of the experimental branch. The game will be fully playable in English and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) with support for more languages coming post-launch. Windows, macOS, and Linux are all supported, and there is a growing mod scene on the Steam Workshop to explore once you’ve gotten through all of the official stories.

But that’s not all - we’ve also been working on bringing the Griftlands experience to consoles! On June 4th, we'll be launching the game on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4. Official translations for some additional languages (Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian) will be released in the weeks that follow launch.

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to everyone who played the game before launch and helped us polish, tune and fix bugs. There are way more card and story interactions in this game than our team could ever hope to wrap our heads around on our own - we really do rely on the community to show us what parts were working and which parts needed more work. Every time you hit F8 during the past two years, you've helped to make this game better. 

Thank you!

-Kevin

That's super cool !

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Official translations for some additional languages (Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian) will be released in the weeks that follow launch.

Super sympa ça aussi :)

Awesome news! Congratulations to all the developers for bringing this project to this point.
This is a celebration for all of us. Let's all play and enjoy it together!

P.S.: I'm waiting, hoping and believing that you will traditionally add some of the skins with a reference to this awesome game in the "don`t starve together"))

I hope there's more modding support once the game releases.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to add sound events to the game, but that require the devs to release at least a project package. Something about routing new events to the main bus.

Also, the ability to make custom animation could be nice.

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

The game will be fully playable in English and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)

Will the game has Chinese localization on Nintendo Switch in US region at launch day?

22 hours ago, Easonade said:

Also are there more content update planned after the official launch? I can't wait for some more griftland contents

Also wondering! I'd like to continue the adventures of the 3 main characters rather than play a 4th.

Archived