Sign in to follow this  
goboking

Why do wheezeworts produce radiation?

Coolthulhu    1216

That makes them stay useful into later game when you have steam coolers. No need to create a new plant.

A new farmable, seed-dropping plant that provides radiation could be cool, though. As long as it isn't seed limited like worts are.

• Like 1

pether    1008

100% agree, Wheezeworts are currently magical plants that solve all problems. I would opt for some other radioactive plant that takes their radiation feature out of them.

I mean - it is not a big gamebreaking deal, but another plant would be way cooler

• Like 4

babba    1934
3 hours ago, goboking said:

I've been wanting to ask this question since radiation was first implemented.  Wheezeworts already filled an incredibly useful role (easy/early cooling).  Now they fill another incredibly useful role (easy/early radiation).  Would it have been better to create a new plant that emits radiation rather than folding that function into one that's already so useful?

IMHO the rad radiation from the Wheezies is great for beginners and quick starters. Everytime I start a fresh game, the first thing I hook up to them is the radbolt collectors - The plants are easy accessible in starter worlds. If and when we get "Raining Regolith" back, then people always have the chance to fall back to use Wheezies-for-Rad (WfR).

Having other plants emitting radiation sounds interesting :p

image.png.9b7170404a29a94ef295b8dd20453138.png...The RAD-MARGARITA ( RADMAR )

Every 4 cycles it pumps out lots of RAD and changes shape :ghost:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

Sasza22    3501

I wish we got a radioactive plant that is fertilized with something common like phosphorite or maybe ferilizer. It would take the role of a portable radiation source. It could be also used for beetas, they would harvest it and refine just like they do with ore but the amount would be low so you`d have to stack many of them to get some uranium form the hive.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Tofiel    22

Answer is simple - Howking radiation. Wheezworths cools by generating vaccum. The moste efficient source of vaccume is black hole. If it is small black whole then Howking radiation will skyrocket. In summary
wheezworth.methabolism=[vaccum, black hole, Howking radiation, time dilatation]

I wonder it Klei will add the last one i.e. plants nearby will grows longer

blueberry pi    50
On 6/5/2021 at 3:11 PM, Tofiel said:

Answer is simple - Howking radiation. Wheezworths cools by generating vaccum. The moste efficient source of vaccume is black hole. If it is small black whole then Howking radiation will skyrocket.

It think they enrich phosphorus from phosphorite, by breaking part of the phosphorus to enrich the other part, then the radioactive isotope of phosphorus turns into radiation, the atmosphere they cool is used like heavy water in reactors to moderate neutrons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1