babba    1922

If you like, raise your opinion and participate :beguiled: Many thanks :p

> What future content are you hoping for, if you could have your dream made true in the game ?

> What nerves you most in the game, what do you want to have fixed, changed or removed ?

> What do you think will Klei put next in to the game ?

image.png.256f3e5a4aaf91f4bcc8c92ec2ad76f7.png

Edited by babba
  • Potato Cup 1

solo6490    28

With the addition of renewable POIs it really rounds out the DLC. I like the new additions and it expands on that ONI feel.

I would like to see more dup customization, we keep them for hundreds of cycles and we should be able to do more to change their looks or maybe mutated skills?

Honestly the rocket interior capsules are my least favorite part. I feel like I really have to keep an eye on dupes, sometimes I forget to let them out after they land and die and I prefer to automate everything even rockets. we also need more ways to produce ambient radiation.

I hope next maybe a small cosmetic DLC for dupes then some serious optimization for the late game. I end colonies due more to performance rather than me actually being "done" with the colony. 

• Like 3

Nase    9
2 hours ago, solo6490 said:

I feel like I really have to keep an eye on dupes, sometimes I forget to let them out after they land and die and I prefer to automate everything even rockets.

It's been a couple of patches since I played, but I believe you don't need to set rockets to "Crew Only" (which forces the assigned crew to stay inside the capsule) to launch. Just assign the crew to it and set the rocket to launch: they will run into capsule when you set it to launch, the rocket will wait for all assigned crew to board, launch, and then the crew will automatically leave once it lands.

Edited by Nase
  • Like 3

NewWorldDan    157

Right now, solar panels are still overpowered, so I don't use them.  Kind of mixed feelings here - there are enough new obstacles in the game to deal with without having to worry about power, so I could go either way with them.  Would like to see them mildly nerfed.  Cut the power output in half and make them vastly more expensive.  800 glass and 200 refined metal, perhaps, to produce 180 watts.  

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

I for one want more ways to do stuff that current machines can do better with big builds.

I for one purify polluted water by boiling it and condensing it with a steam turbine.  I'm primarily using volcanoes for this.  But yes, I do like interesting state changes for various resources.  Also, I would like a much larger pressure range on atmo sensors.  20kg is barely adequate for some of the things I'm doing, 100kg or more would be far better.  (yes, I know there's a mod for this, but still...)

• Like 2

Gurgel    2655

I like the general direction things are moving in. I think radiation needs some more ways to generate it or transport it, because industrial installations tend to need space. It also needs some more uses (X-Ray Fryer?). Its hard to say, but my intuition is the DLC is probably 60% complete at this time.

• Like 3
  • Health 1

pether    993
18 hours ago, babba said:

> What future content are you hoping for, if you could have your dream made true in the game ?

I really hope to see interplanar automation, some ways to send signal from planet X to interplanar launcher on planet Y to send more food/resources.

Apart from that, I'd love to see as much QoL implemented to the game, so we could reduce number of mods used in my games. Deconstruction of POI is sooo good, it is IMO the best addition to the game so far, even better than new space system and plant mutations (and I like them both very much). If we had more similar features like it (Pliers? Blueprints? Bigger Zoom Out? Planning without materials?) that would be cool coool cool!

> What nerves you most in the game, what do you want to have fixed, changed or removed ?

I think that currently I mostly dislike radiation balance (some sources are too OP and the reactor itself feels like overkill we should avoid), but I believe this will change in the future. Overall I really like how the DLC looks like and with recent Demolish update I feel like it has everything there had to be added, and now everything else is just a nice bonus.

Temporal Tear is the most obvious missing component, along with some rocket modules and buildings that work with it.

Also, I believe we could expect more application for radiation (like making popcorn)

18 hours ago, space glider said:

the chemical reaction between resources on map without spec structures =))

chemical reactions (like H2 + O2 -> H2O) are great idea for DLC2, but temperature-based state changes (ice -> water -> steam) are a great ONI idea and I'd hope to see more of them (cooking food with heat maybe?)

• Like 4

Coolthulhu    1210
  1. Replace bad crap from current game. For example, pufts.
  2. Add ways to properly automate things. Radio signals were requested for a long time, thick automation wires don't do the job since they're relatively expensive (bad design for things that can be replaced with manual toggling) and don't work across planets.
  3. Automated wildplanting. Wildplanting is in the game, it's cheap
  4. More incentive to do risky things: weaker punishments that are harder to avoid

But for now, fixes. Especially fix to that AI thing that is causing dupes to clap at the grooming station forever.

• Like 1

Meltdown    167
19 hours ago, babba said:

What future content are you hoping for, if you could have your dream made true in the game ?

Integration of radiation and grathite into production chains. Machines that consume radbolts, alternative reactors with control rod management, ambient sources of radiation for farms, reprocessing nuclear waste, machines that emit radiation when operated and cause operator dupes to sit on seafood/rad pill diet, etc.

Also, more rocketry automation. Maybe an alternative start that would feature opportunities for early nuclear reactor (and risks for early radiation sickness epidemic)

19 hours ago, babba said:

What do you think will Klei put next in to the game

Hard to say. For now, they would have to polish new space POI system. If devs won't include anything that would allow to setup automatic POI mining they would probably spend part of the next development cycle to do it. There is also Temporal Tear somewhere on the roadmap.

• Like 2

goboking    2057
On 5/24/2021 at 8:37 AM, babba said:

I don't need it next, but I definitely want the rest of the vanilla asteroids (Rime, Oasisse, etc) ported to Spaced Out at some point.

• Like 4

kezat    19

Game performance has really gone down again. I'm at cy 1200 and i have constant lag spikes and end of cycle save takes forever.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

1. Bug fixes

2. Bug fixes

3. Bug fixes

I don't know how more I can stress that bug fixes outweighs any and all new features. Nothing turns players off faster than inconsistent and broken features. Sure, the game doesn't crash, but my interest does after encountering bugs.

Nah, there's a balance. It's a pre-release, so everyone needs to expect a certain number — even a high number — of bugs. The main purpose of letting people play the game at this stage is to find those bugs and also get feedback on new content.

If you don't have a high tolerance for bugs, wait until release.

• Like 1

Coolthulhu    1210
On 5/26/2021 at 4:12 AM, 628960_1452790609 said:

Nah, there's a balance. It's a pre-release, so everyone needs to expect a certain number — even a high number — of bugs.

Some of the bugs are acceptable, like the broken "need a skill for job" display when you have dupes living on a rocket, while others, like the regular crashes or unloaders deleting resources should be fixed before extra features.

• Like 1

KonfigSys    199

animal mutations 

bio module for rockets and possibility to collect bio materials from the space POIs (mainly I am looking for worts but also it will be good to get some animals that were not worldgen - like we did not get pips in the Classic start but we could get them from one of the POIs

passive sources of radiation for mutant farms 

radioactive waste management (it can be combined with above - let's say we can process the waste to become solid tiles at normal temperature with a long time of half decay - or make shift plates from this material)

command module automation, signal transmission

JaxckLl    127
On 5/24/2021 at 11:39 PM, yoakenashi said:

1. Bug fixes

2. Bug fixes

3. Bug fixes

I don't know how more I can stress that bug fixes outweighs any and all new features. Nothing turns players off faster than inconsistent and broken features. Sure, the game doesn't crash, but my interest does after encountering bugs.

Preach. Just lost two dupes cause instead of sidestepping one tile to safety when Regolith fell, they teleported 20 tiles to the top of the stack.

• Big Ups 1