Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ATM Reaper

Please fix heavy watt wire and solar panels....

ATM Reaper    48

I do love this game but man alive this one is just plain annoying..... I need more power and solar would be ideal to optimize but having to place ladders so I can build the wire to then deconstruct the ladders to be able to build the solar panels 1 at a time is just ludicrous......

Pls pls pls pls pls Devs hear my devoted plea for your aid, just let those blessed fingers code this into the realms of obscurity once more and free the power for the ppl I beseech thee.

Red Oolong    36

There is a chance this is an intentional change to nerf solar power, giving how many people have complained that it is too OP. For all we know, being able to build panels on top of heavy watt wires is the bug.

Electroely    4818
11 minutes ago, Red Oolong said:

There is a chance this is an intentional change to nerf solar power, giving how many people have complained that it is too OP. For all we know, being able to build panels on top of heavy watt wires is the bug.

That honestly makes no sense. Why would they "nerf" them by only making them slightly more annoying to use? It does not fix the balance issue (if there is one), it just worsens the game experience because now people are forced to build transformers here and there to link regular wires to heavy watt ones instead of having a choice.

It does not fix the complaints other people have about the panels. They would need to decrease the panels' efficiency or make them harder to obtain/use to address those.

SharraShimada    1110

Build wire. then Solar panel. Problem solved. This is a bug (again, this is known one) and not intentional. It works if you place solar panels over wires. So why should this be any intentional behavior? 

KnoBuddy    16

I believe this change happened when they made the rocket platform an actual platform to stand on like a tile. Pretty sure the two are somehow related.

kezat    20

For a small/med sided solar setup having a transformer from the solar with the output connected to your main grid works well. Not sure if that is how its intended to be done or not. Its almost better as you don't need to run the heavy wire for miles and can just use conductive.

Sasza22    3652

Iirc this was a bug a while ago and it was fixed. I`m pretty sure it`s still considered a bug.

SkunkMaster    286

Have you considered using rocket solar panels instead ? - They can be stacked all the way to the ceiling of the map.

And they accept heavy watt wires ;) - Seems how ever the connections don't work.

Work around is placing 1 battery in the stack and connecting to that battery.

20210523184143_1.thumb.jpg.83621b66498820253b1cd0117ebca7d8.jpg

4 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Have you considered using rocket solar panels instead ? - They can be stacked all the way to the ceiling of the map.

And they accept heavy watt wires ;) - Seems how ever the connections don't work.

Work around is placing 1 battery in the stack and connecting to that battery.

20210523184143_1.thumb.jpg.83621b66498820253b1cd0117ebca7d8.jpg

dude , you are using the debug mode, its cheating, 

SharraShimada    1110
11 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

dude , you are using the debug mode, its cheating, 

1. he´s not. Its possible without debug.

2. its a single player game. Its not cheating, if no one else is cheated. Its your game. Play as you please or dont. Its your choice alone.

ATM Reaper    48

I just pray it is not an intentional change, as for solar being OP, I dont think it is. Once you get into cooling loops etc then solar doesnt cut it so you need to get into petroleum boiler type builds.

SkunkMaster    286
5 minutes ago, ATM Reaper said:

Once you get into cooling loops etc then solar doesnt cut it.

Build 3 solar towers and then repeat that sentence :P 

gabberworld    286

most lik

18 minutes ago, ATM Reaper said:

I dont use solar towers, that is very cheaty and likely to be sorted soon lol. 

dunno about that really as it cost allot metal for build those, its time consuming for todo that as well

you will win 40 W by build the rocket solar panels compared to size off regular solar panel but cost off 1200 class. i would say its not very economic

also i think they should increase battery cost for rocket lets say as well the 1200

SkunkMaster    286
41 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

you will win 40 W by build the rocket solar panels compared to size off regular solar panel but cost off 1200 class. i would say its not very economic

it's 60w, and they cost glass, not metal, to build. 
That said it does take some time to build up the same power production as a regular solar roof at 200glas for a mere 60w each panel.
For reference, you will need to pay around 1250glass to reach the same power you could get for just 200glas with a regular solar panel.

gabberworld    286
1 minute ago, SkunkMaster said:

it's 60w, and they cost glass, not metal, to build. 
That said it does take some time to build up the same power production as a regular solar roof at 200glas for a mere 60w each panel.
For reference, you will need to pay around 1250glass to reach the same power you could get for just 200glas with a regular solar panel.

only plus thing is you can build those top off each other what allows build them more than regular ones

SkunkMaster    286
Just now, gabberworld said:

only plus thing is you can build those top off each other what allows build them more than regular ones

Yes, they are arguably the "late-game" version of the regular solar panels. More expensive / watt, but can be stacked.

gabberworld    286
42 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

Yes, they are arguably the "late-game" version of the regular solar panels. More expensive / watt, but can be stacked.

also that is beauty off this game , you learn all the time something new in this game what you may not even know that its possible

another thing about heavy watt and solution, i use this method ages now, i even used that in base game

heavywatt.thumb.png.422340d77a7cc79e1d64b420f4cc5fca.png

use a transformer

gabberworld    286

mix together 2 transformer, its the 2000watt, 1000w for each one, that allows you add behind 5 solar-panels what produces the 1900 W,  that not burn down  the 2000 w wires

heavywatt.thumb.png.2158d12e0c46af846030f794b6ea5ccc.png

n_t_p    204
16 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

I am not ?

20210524101551_1.thumb.jpg.1c8cb58a8107e43564fea891e0052b05.jpg

I knew about the solar trees, but didn't realize you could pack them in so closely. That's probably why they thought you were using debug.

Also, please don't recommend this without being up front about the fact it's an exploit. It's so clearly not how the modules are supposed to be used.

SkunkMaster    286
2 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Also, please don't recommend this without being up front about the fact it's an exploit. It's so clearly not how the modules are supposed to be used.

Says who ? Rocket batteries have worked like this since they where introduced, and at 200glass/60w i would hardly call this an exploit...

ATM Reaper    48
4 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Says who ? Rocket batteries have worked like this since they where introduced, and at 200glass/60w i would hardly call this an exploit...

I see what your saying but this is clearly not how they were intended to function. It removes power completely from the game, all you need is a glass smelter. All they need to do to fix this is make it so you can only build rocket engines on the platform and limit the number of solar panels that can be fitted to a rocket. Or even better make it so if you have no engine fitted all modules are disabled. That way you are restricted to how many you can build. Also make it so they are disabled unless you have a viable rocket i.e. engine, nosecone, fuel etc.

gabberworld    286
4 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

I see what your saying but this is clearly not how they were intended to function. It removes power completely from the game, all you need is a glass smelter. All they need to do to fix this is make it so you can only build rocket engines on the platform and limit the number of solar panels that can be fitted to a rocket. Or even better make it so if you have no engine fitted all modules are disabled. That way you are restricted to how many you can build. Also make it so they are disabled unless you have a viable rocket i.e. engine, nosecone, fuel etc.

but to you still understand that it cost allot for build this all? one solar panel is only 60W

also exploit usually means you get something totally free but you not get it free in this case

only thing what i want see about that is by change the battery cost , as 400 is too low