Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Dragolantis

Mid-Summer Carnival Discussion

Dragolantis    90

Well we have some idea on what the Summer Solstice event is now. We have a title for it: The Mid-Summer Carnival. While we still have no clue what the mechanics of the carnival are, we at least know the name and can speculate said mechanics. With a name like that I expect us to be able to build/find a carnival tent of sorts that we can do something with. I think personally that this carnival tent (If I'm right about them adding it) would act similarly to the Winter's Feast Table. This is just me making predictions based on the title and the possibility of The Mid-Summer Carnival having similar mechanics to Winter's Feast. The Mid-Summer Carnival could be very different from Winter's Feast. I mean the carnival tent could maybe house a crazy clown boss that hits you with pie and smashes you with and yeets hammers, we don't know. What do you guys think will happen in this event with this title being revealed. And are you all hyped for the release of The Mid-Summer Carnival in late May or sometime in June? Let me know, I like to hear other people's opinions.

SkyistheGround    1629

quick correction: it's called the "Midsummer Cawnival" according to the update post. its also coming out sometime in june

that being said, i think the spelling is interesting. i think when i first read it as "carnival" i still thought of the desert. but since it says caw, im thinking of crows, which spawn in deserts

Dragolantis    90
4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

it might have something to do with summer but thats just a guess

I mean it's called the Mid-Summer carnival for a reason

3 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

quick correction: it's called the "Midsummer Cawnival" according to the update post. its also coming out sometime in june

that being said, i think the spelling is interesting. i think when i first read it as "carnival" i still thought of the desert. but since it says caw, im thinking of crows, which spawn in deserts

Well no crap your right! This GREATLY changes my speculations

SkyistheGround    1629
1 minute ago, Dragolantis said:

Really? Can I have the link to the post so I can double check?

On 5/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, Jason said:

And that's it!
The team has been hard at work on the next set of updates. In June we're going to see a couple of cool updates. A new summer event we're calling "The Midsummer Cawnival" and another character refresh. This next character refresh not many people are interested in, so we're not going to make a big deal of it. But if you want to be spoiled, I'll give you a little teaser work in progress art in the spoiler below. Can you guess who it is?

Dragolantis    90
2 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

Yeah I actually checked and god your right! I feel dumb rn for reading CARNIVAL and not CAWNIVAL! This greatly changes my speculations to it maybe being more of a bird show then a carnival tent. Maybe More birbs?

Aeglefire    182

Ok, here's what I think is going to happen, some of my brainstormed ideas:

You are going to be able to train and dress up your birds, and when you train them they will be able to fly around you in circles and follow you similar to lightbugs. You will carry a bird-stick of some sort, so that they follow you.

These birds will then allow you to walk on water, by pulling slightly on your clothing and/or a worn contraption. Now you can clean up rivers, gather kelp on the ocean, explore the ocean with ease, but these birds need to regenerate their strength over time, so you have to train them over and over again to increase their strength, and/or train more birds to surround you with. Maybe you'll have a maximum of 4 birds that you can train to be master picker-uppers.

Also, these birds will be able to act as sea telescopes, just like in Shipwrecked. The ocean spyglass, which allows you to explore and reveal the map for you in one direction.

There has to be a mini-game, since it's called a Cawnival for a reason, and it might be similar to the Carrat race, but it would not be speed-related since this time it should be something different. Maybe you could train your birds to fish in the water. How about we get a Pelican like Chester out at sea? :D 

Ok, end of brainstorm.

Dragolantis    90
2 minutes ago, Aeglefire said:

Ok, here's what I think is going to happen, some of my brainstormed ideas:

You are going to be able to train and dress up your birds, and when you train them they will be able to fly around you in circles and follow you similar to lightbugs. You will carry a bird-stick of some sort, so that they follow you.

These birds will then allow you to walk on water, by pulling slightly on your clothing and/or a worn contraption. Now you can clean up rivers, gather kelp on the ocean, explore the ocean with ease, but these birds need to regenerate their strength over time, so you have to train them over and over again to increase their strength, and/or train more birds to surround you with. Maybe you'll have a maximum of 4 birds that you can train to be master picker-uppers.

Also, these birds will be able to act as sea telescopes, just like in Shipwrecked. The ocean spyglass, which allows you to explore and reveal the map for you in one direction.

There has to be a mini-game, since it's called a Cawnival for a reason, and it might be similar to the Carrat race, but it would not be speed-related since this time it should be something different. Maybe you could train your birds to fish in the water. How about we get a Pelican like Chester out at sea? :D 

Ok, end of brainstorm.

While I like the prospect of dressing up and doing a little How To Train Your Birdo, I think the stick is interesting too. But walking on water no matter how short, is OP, there's a reason why Woodie is great for lunar rushers. Because you can turn into a goose at will with monster meat and seeds for just a little damage and start to starve afterwards. Once you figure out where it is you can just turn into a goose and walk there, no point in making a slow AF giant circle. Maybe we can make a carnival tent to host a bird show or somethin?

I should probably make a new discussion because I completely did a dum and read the title wrong

HowlVoid    3966

Please new plants for Wormwood

I will hope until I can hope no longer

Dragolantis    90
37 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I will hope until I can hope no longer

I too wish for more crops. Personally I actually think cooking needs a rework. Because like how farming was changed from "Haha spam poop for veggies" to a sophisticated system that is actually worthwhile to use. Right now Cooking is basically "Haha shove random crap in cockpot (yes I said Cockpot on purpose) and get good food." 

28 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

Sandstorm in all over the constant

While this would be an interesting mechanic, it's already unfair that if you join outside the first autumn you're either screwed, or everyone has already beaten the end-game. Making sandstorms not only year round, but everywhere? That's just too punishing.

HowlVoid    3966
On 5/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, Dragolantis said:

I too wish for more crops. Personally I actually think cooking needs a rework. Because like how farming was changed from "Haha spam poop for veggies" to a sophisticated system that is actually worthwhile to use. Right now Cooking is basically "Haha shove random crap in cockpot (yes I said Cockpot on purpose) and get good food." 

Oh sorry if I wasn't clear but I didn't mean crops. I meant plant animals for Wormwood to befriend as that is a part of him that is really lacking. We need something that is similar to snaptooths in hamlet. 

Dragolantis    90
1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Oh sorry if I wasn't clear but I didn't mean crops. I meant plant animals for Wormwood to befriend as that is a part of him that is really lacking. When need something that is similar to snaptooths in hamlet. 

How exactly did snaptooths come to be? And Wormwood's deal is he's supposed to be a unique organism that struggles to find his place in the Constant, I feel like this would kinda break things lore wise and character wise

HowlVoid    3966
32 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

How exactly did snaptooths come to be? And Wormwood's deal is he's supposed to be a unique organism that struggles to find his place in the Constant, I feel like this would kinda break things lore wise and character wise

He is lonesome in that he does not fit in with the rest yes, but he finds companionship in plant life. One of his perks states:

Plants relate to him.

In hamlet the wild plant life there does not attack him. He is free to roam the jungle as long as he doesn't carry meat on him. He is a unique organism, but he is most certainly a plant and we can verify this because he is not affected by hamlets hay fever. Hay fever, an allergy brought on by the jungles spores, only affects the other survivors but not Wormwood who is a sentient plant. The way I think of Wormwood is as, "the jungle has come to life" kinda of like a druid spirit.

It would absolutely not break his character lore wise as we have seen him "talk" to plants. In Reap What You Sow he can tell exactly what a plant's needs are because they "talk" to him, so definitely has some sort of communication going on.

Dragolantis    90
1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

He is lonesome in that he does not fit in with the rest yes, but he finds companionship in plant life. One of his perks states:

Plants relate to him.

In hamlet the wild plant life there does not attack him. He is free to roam the jungle as long as he doesn't carry meat on him. He is a unique organism, but he is most certainly a plant and we can verify this because he is not affected by hamlets hay fever. Hay fever only affects the other survivors but not Wormwood who is a sentient plant. They way I think of Wormwood is as, "the jungle has come to life" kinda of like a druid spirit.

It would absolutely not break his character lore wise as we have seen him "talk" to plants. In Reap What You Sow he can tell exactly what the plants need because the "talks" to him, so definitely has some sort of communication going on.

Ik, but making more sentient plants to be pets will

1moregame    79
8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Not sure why the image you posted didn't load in the forum, but I opened in a new tab and was blown away!  Terrifying and incredible!

minespatch    88696
4 minutes ago, 1moregame said:

Not sure why the image you posted didn't load in the forum, but I opened in a new tab and was blown away!  Terrifying and incredible!

image.png.a1d47240582842147d79efe4da67a643.png

Fandom really doesn't like embing pages.:wilsondisapproving:

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Please new plants for WormwoodI will hope until I can hope no longer

Trail skin for Wormwood for different plant styles in the futur-

37 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

PeculiarPlants_notext.png

Okay, nevermind, looks like Wormwood is visiting another game right now.:wilson_ecstatic:

214260584_Wormwoodeatingmushroomwrap.thumb.png.9707aab8ab7e9b7ed1225f36e07a5fda.png

Pedrohjj    16

I want minigames, I want to have fun with my friends just like a carnival park with a lot of tends, minigames and challenges. 

minespatch    88696
Just now, Pedrohjj said:

I want minigames, I want to have fun with my friends just like a carnival park with a lot of tends, minigames and challenges. 

Go to tradeinn and click the birds to bide your time.

Mike23Ua    10786

Considering they claim it’ll be like WintersFeast- I’m going to be disappointed if it ends up being anything short of that

(content rich, with increased chances of getting seasonal skin for that time of year)

Maybe they’ll add a ton of new “summer” skins for the event.

But I don’t think Klei realizes what kind of expectations they set for the event when they compared it to WF- Wintersfeast has unique exclusive content.. not just a Masonry cooking oven but all kinds of stuff- Such as A unique Gingerpig mob you need to hunt down and smashes home, several unique to this events craftables such as the masonry oven, Christmas trees, Christmas ornaments etc.., a GingerVarg with new unique combat abilities, new skins for most bosses, and in the case of Feastclops- New abilities, increased chances to obtain seasonal skins.

and this upcoming event is being compared to THAT?! Oh boy... maybe this is that Summer rework after all.

DaZoul    3330
1 hour ago, LinknAllie said:

I still believe the new character will be released with the event.  

The way I understood it, Webber's rework will be the one coming alongside the event. I could very easily be wrong tho

Yknow cause his rework will be the next update. At least, I think we won't get anything else in May, but I'm unsure