Hornete

Last Thoughts and Feedback on Eye of the Storm

Just-guy    930

Maybe a song or some way to prevent Wigfrid from gaining sanity from attacking the Celestial Champion because she would easily get enlightened after fighting it in minutes and she can't eat Glommer's Goop or Mushrooms alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HeatAndRun    2050

The eye of the storm update is actually significantly decent - quite interesting permanent full moon event, plus new raid boss that is highly relevant to lore. The update itself is nice, but the overall RoT update feels a little bit incomplete. Since the RoT started on May 2019, many items and crafts are added to base game, still most of them were ambiguous and situational.

What we really need is powerful, unique, revolutionary game-changing items and gadgets we can craft!

In my humble opinion, ever since the Willow rework, the devs seems to be unnecessarily afraid of introducing overpowered items or characters. Weather pain, ham bat, dark sword, deconstruction staff, star-caller's staff, bone armor & helm and Wickerbottom's books, those items are sooo powerful and game changing. Yet they didn't break the game, in fact they actually made the game funnier and enjoyable. So I think the devs can be more confident about introducing new powerful items into the game!

(Personally I hope there'll be more unique crab king loots, additional usage for broken shells, more diverse celestial items and more ocean contents.)

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 2

I have been hoping all this time that we would be able to force lunar mutations at some point like the lunar brew from Halloween, maybe indirectly such as when mobs are placed or affected by lunar storms. This would add a growing sense of lunacy in the world and allowing us to renew lunar creatures without having to switch to Halloween. (for I feel bad doing an event which only has a set time limit)

I am fine with renewed totally normal trees being locked behind Halloween since they are more decoration/living logs can be gathered in many different ways. However with the moon being such a big focus for the past 2 years, I am surprised the ability to mutate mobs has been locked away behind Hallowed Nights.

• Like 3

Mike23Ua    10106

Honestly? I just want the Moon Storm to do more weird S*** to the Overworld.

Here are a few ideas pulled from DS Single Player- Mushrooms can become Mush Trees on Full Moon, Obsidian Pillars can rupture the lands making travel require the use of said mushrooms to raise & lower ones sanity.

I would like it to have wide spread changes on the creatures/plant life of the constant.. 

On Lunar Island Carrots become walking little Carrat Rats... Surely more weird freaky stuff like THAT should be happening right?

More craftables will always feel “Meh” to me.. but a storm that happens and massively alters biomes? Sign me up.

Edited by Mike23Ua

ArubaroBeefalo    9255
20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

On Lunar Island Carrots become walking little Carrat Rats

this actually should be a thing while the moonstorm is active in a place with carrots

• Like 3

Mike23Ua    10106
30 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this actually should be a thing while the moonstorm is active in a place with carrots

It’s not enough.. mandrakes pulled from the ground are still just Mandrakes annoying harmless Pokémon looking things that follow you around going Meep, meep, meep! 

with Lunar Island it made sense that only the things on that island would be mutated- but now that same energy is rolling across the land like a casual thunderstorm it should effect way more then just carrots or a few spiders.

HowlVoid    3033

I feel so disappointed in the fact that Wormwood got 0 new mutated plants to play with. 

No new friends... So sad. :(

Would love moon versions of treeguards and poison birchnuts trees that he can befriend. Something, anything, please Klei.  :(

Cassielu    511

The animation of crystals falling from the sky and shining still looks unfinished...I care a little bit about it.

• Big Ups 1

Well-met    5765

The charged rocks explode and harm your base because that's literally what people have been asking for. They wanted global threats and Klei gave it to them.

also I know we hope they put more on launch day but you all know how it's going to be.

• Like 1

lakhnish    2375
6 hours ago, Well-met said:

Is there any different item or mechanic from the beta for the release?

No, only bug fixes and new skins.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Sad Dupe 1