GelatinousCube    792

So I have never played Adventure Mode in Don't Starve and haven't ever seen where it is ingame.

Where is the Throne located in the constant? Is it underground? Would it theoretically be somewhere near the ruins and atrium but maybe even deeper? Or is it located on the surface? The pictures I can find of it from DS look like it is inside or underground somewhere.

In DS do you actually enter a specific building or go underground to reach it?

I want to know because I do believe that we will eventually try to rescue Charlie from the Throne and I wonder where it would be placed or found within the actual game. A new area in the ruins that was hidden before? A secret door in the Archives? Somewhere else completely?

SinancoTheBest    3556
8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

In another realm. You have to get through Maxwell's door to do it.

So as long as Charlie doesn't feel too bold and adventurous to challenge the survivors to a survivor duel with levels of increasing difficulty, can we assume that she's safe on her throne, untouchable, watching the survivors hopefully survive for the next then endlessly?

• Like 3

Zeklo    19940
19 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

So as long as Charlie doesn't feel too bold and adventurous to challenge the survivors to a survivor duel with levels of increasing difficulty, can we assume that she's safe on her throne, untouchable, watching the survivors hopefully survive for the next then endlessly?

The thing is, unlike the others, Charlie isn't bound to the throne at all.

The way succession works now is entirely up in the air.

• Like 2

Tim S.    301

Well judging from the lore we've got, the Throne is supposed to be in the "Hub", accessible through Ancient Gateways
("Once you are dead, we will activate the Gateway."
"We'll return to the hub and destroy the Throne." - Battlemaster Pugna)

Which makes sense, considering Wagstaffs quote:
("I've found it! The portal that can link worlds! The throne of ultimate power!!" - Wagstaff, when examining the nightmare throne)

If we were to interact with the throne, we may have to travel into the dark realm seen in Adventure Mode Chapter 6 and the New Reign Cinematic using the Ancient Gateway or the Sealed Portal

Spoiler

Some might even say the hub is represented by the large eye-reminiscent circle in the middle of the Archive Orchestrina.. Who knows? Guess we'll find out in a future update

Archive_Orchestrina.thumb.png.7d998daf83b84be113d4430df47c02db.png

• Like 4

Russian_Philin    16144
2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Where is the Throne located in the constant? Is it underground? Would it theoretically be somewhere near the ruins and atrium but maybe even deeper? Or is it located on the surface? The pictures I can find of it from DS look like it is inside or underground somewhere.

In DS do you actually enter a specific building or go underground to reach it?

I want to know because I do believe that we will eventually try to rescue Charlie from the Throne and I wonder where it would be placed or found within the actual game. A new area in the ruins that was hidden before? A secret door in the Archives? Somewhere else completely?

The Nightmare Throne is most likely located in the Throne Room, and the location of this room is unknown. The Throne Room and the Throne can be a separate dimension, can be enclosed in the center of the world, can be located below the ruins or somewhere near them. You can't say for sure here. But I always think that this object is located in a slightly different place, as something like a separate world, or maybe a planet.

But if you think logically, the Throne Room copies the usual world, where our survivors survive, but the one who is considered a King or Queen can change it to their liking and desire. So maybe it's not far from the Ancient Gate. Either the throne is deep underground, or it is hidden in the darkness of the caves.

• Like 3

WebberMain    221
2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

The thing is, unlike the others, Charlie isn't bound to the throne at all.

The way succession works now is entirely up in the air.

I believe the Staffbearer wasn´t bound to it too.Ingame,he is the most powerful being we ever encountered,being second to Charlie.Lorewise,Charlie defeated him,we just weakened him.I think he left the Throne,went to the Atrium and preserved his mind in the vicinity of the Gateway as a last resort defense.

• Like 2

Cheggf    3331

To get to the throne you go through Maxwell's door, then you go through 5 different worlds, then you get to the world with the throne on it. It is always night there, but it has a bunch of aboveground features like dead trees, shrubs, boulders, and aboveground turfs, and no underground features. I don't keep up with the lore so I can't say anything on that side, but from what you experience in the game it seems like it's in its own separate plane, but it is aboveground.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    8839
2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Are we sure that Charlie actually gets up of the throne? Maxwell also appeared before Wilson, while he was  attached to the throne but he was just projecting himself at places (as a very tall man).

Maybe the Charlie we see going around, is a projection of the real her.

that is totally possible and is weird that nobody though about it before buuut

she has power to change the throne room and the throne itself, also she doest look like trapped

image.thumb.png.56b6abb6c24469feaff68c761d9c1e55.png

• Like 2

WebberMain    221
17 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Are we sure that Charlie actually gets up of the throne? Maxwell also appeared before Wilson, while he was  attached to the throne but he was just projecting himself at places (as a very tall man).

Maybe the Charlie we see going around, is a projection of the real her.

Charlie isn´t bound to the throne,because she is,in fact the rightful ruler.She has the part of the Ancient Queen inside of her,and the throne recognizes its ruler,it was propably the same with the Ancient King(fuelweaver).I believe Maxwell and Wilson were both mere usurpers and thus,trapped.Maybe Maxwell wasn´t trapped right away,maybe it sucked his willpower/sanity until he succumbed to Them and became trapped

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

HowlVoid    2535
4 hours ago, WebberMain said:

I believe the Staffbearer wasn´t bound to it too.Ingame,he is the most powerful being we ever encountered,being second to Charlie.Lorewise,Charlie defeated him,we just weakened him.I think he left the Throne,went to the Atrium and preserved his mind in the vicinity of the Gateway as a last resort defense.

I see this often, how do we know Charlie defeated the fuelweaver? 

VouMorrer    409
1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

well, the shadows that pulls it down are thorned, like the ones in the florid postern, and after the fight a rose appears, wich is the symbol of charlie.

edit: i forgot quotes. maxwell quote for the (?) ancient gateway is something like "i know what are you trying to do. but it wont work", talking to charlie. i dont remember exactly how it is.

edit 2: found it, it was the 4th and 5th quotes for the ancient mural.

• Ancient Mural (fourth)- "I know why you led me back here."
  • Ancient Mural (fifth)- "But it won't work."
Edited by VouMorrer
  • Like 2

WebberMain    221
1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

He gets literally bound by thorns,and says "Wait,you are not Them" or "Release me,shade!" and then a rose appears.

• Like 1

HowlVoid    2535
16 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

He gets literally bound by thorns,and says "Wait,you are not Them" or "Release me,shade!" and then a rose appears.

Hmmm...fuelweaver may not be the queen but I'm no so sure she is inside Charlie either. Look at the mural. The thing that pops out is full of thorns, a thorny tree. Its also possible the queen merged with the eye, idk.Polish_20210429_180812923.thumb.jpg.eff8d379e0cf6b27d9342ae59d3c2fbc.jpg

WebberMain    221
2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Hmmm...fuelweaver may not be the queen but I'm no so sure she is inside Charlie either. Look at the mural. The thing that pops out is full of thorns, a thorny tree. Its also possible the queen merged with the eye, idk.

Have you seen the trailer?

HowlVoid    2535
1 minute ago, WebberMain said:

Have you seen the trailer?

What about it? Metheus is here? I dont think the queen is metheus.

• Like 1

WebberMain    221
Just now, HowlVoid said:

What about it? Metheus is here? I dont think the queen is metheus.

Well,she has the torch and she restores its white flame like in the murals,

• Sanity 1

HowlVoid    2535
4 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

Well,she has the torch and she restores its white flame like in the murals,

Ok, here me out. Both were there when the torch was used, both the queen and the eye in the portal. 

When the torch is activated Charlie is kinda taken by surprise with how its activated. She opens one eyes like, "uh... Did it work?".

Also Charlie didnt have the torch right away otherwise she would have invaded the island since the moment the piece fell. Instead she had to go down to the archives... To retrieve something....

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2

WebberMain    221
1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Ok, here me out. Both were there when the torch was used, both the queen and the eye in the portal. 

When the torch is activated Charlie is kinda taken by surprise with how its activated. She opens one eyes like, "uh... Did it work?".

Why is Fuelweaver talking to Metheus when closing the gate then.He knows she is involved,and Charlie is the only one fitting to be possesed by Metheus.If the eye is Them and charlie would be possesed by Them,then:Fuelweaver would ask her for power(but thats stupid because she defeats him) and he would recognize Their power stemming from her while imploding(but he says "Wait..you are not Them).Seems obvious to me

HowlVoid    2535

Gonna go do something be back later.

All I can say is that we still dont even know who "Them" is. That eye could just be an emissary. But I dont think metheus is the queen. 

• Like 1

VouMorrer    409
10 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Also Charlie didnt have the torch right away otherwise she would have invaded the island since the moment the piece fell. Instead she had to go down to the archives... To retrieve something..

i dont know if we can state when is the video, there isnt any indication.

it could be right after the moon felt or it could be right before the moonstorm. who knows?

• Wavey 1

HowlVoid    2535
17 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

i dont know if we can state when is the video, there isnt any indication.

it could be right after the moon felt or it could be right before the moonstorm. who knows?

No I'm talking about when we see Charlie down in the Archives. She was there before she visited the island.

In the forbbiden knowledge update.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

VouMorrer    409
6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

No I'm talking about when we see Charlie down in the Archives. She was there before she visited the island.

i see. you are saying the whole archive update was charlie retrieving the Tragic Torch?

that is a very cool theory, i liked it!

• Thanks 1