Jason

Return of Them Beta: Eye of the Storm Update

Tendril    3

maybe it's just me but I don't like the new boss design, it just not feel like don't starve at all. The other bosses somewhat have a bit of horror feeling, like an abomination, a mix from other creatures or straight up an evil being like the reanimated skeletons. This boss looks like a golem from another fantasy game.

• Like 3

Armorga    104

ok i'm done repeating that the boss design is lame, i hope klei get it, where can i find the other haters of this boss? we gotta make the difference

• Sad Dupe 3

PanAzej    2070
3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The picking animations do add up and take a notable amount of time, but that's always been in the game. He's complaining about all the "grinding" that you have to do for the new update and comparing it to Korean MMOs. There's no quest where you have to pick 60 grass tufts, everything that you have to do to unlock the new content is things like "Kill a boss", "Get a star caller staff", "Put a staff in a hole". They didn't add any grinding.

The only things off the top of my head that could properly be considered grinding are grinding for the glossamer saddle and grinding for krampus sacks in a bird farm. Neither of which are requirements for the RoT questline.

Hmm, well you do have to do a lot of super specific tasks which take a long time to complete.

I would not call that literally "grinding" as in, doing repetitive tasks.

I was not saying I'm agreeing or disagreeing with the guy, though. I said that what you mentioned totally needs to be addressed by the devs in future updates.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    10369
On 4/17/2021 at 5:51 AM, The batting bat said:

ok i'm done repeating that the boss design is lame, i hope klei get it, where can i find the other haters of this boss? we gotta make the difference

Ofc doesnt look like the other animal based bosses, is an alien boss. His desing is exotic but i think it fits the game and i dont think it is lame

Its funny (a dont starve thing) to see a ball with legs trying to kill

What i dont get is what falls from the moon because the boss is made of the altars, the moon seed and the mysterious energy so i dont see nothing different that could be fallen or sended by the moon

Also, if this is the champion from the moon, who is his owner/boss?

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 3

DaZoul    3357
2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also, if this is the champion from the moon, who is his owner/boss?

There was this other thread. I can't remember the username of who wrote it for the life of me, but what they said does make sense, so the owner is probably this Alter guy.

ArubaroBeefalo    10369
34 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

There was this other thread. I can't remember the username of who wrote it for the life of me, but what they said does make sense, so the owner is probably this Alter guy.

I though Alter was some kind of pun between altar and alter (change) like the moon does with some stuff

DaZoul    3357
15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I though Alter was some kind of pun between altar and alter (change) like the moon does with some stuff

Maxwell thought that too, but he even said that it's a name

• Thanks 1

Armorga    104

the problem with the boss is just the bullcrap design actually, the attacks and other stuff don't run much away from don't starve patterns as the own design does, and yes i have an infinite quantity of better boss designs than, that literally any boss design that isn't as bad as that one is better than that, that's just a polygonal model from starfox from snes with floating leg things that transforms into a fireball with an among us shaped shell and then a giant torch with floating pebbles THAT ENRAGES ME SO FRIKKING MUCH PLEASE TELL ME WE CAN SAY SWEARS HERE this boss goes really far away from the funny and funky designs from don't starve and goes to the insulting and lame side

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 3

Gods fiddler    479
55 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

how do i prevent the new moon rock thing from perishing? it spoils very quickly.

i prevent them from spoil with bundlind wrap

• Like 2

-Variant    7671
3 hours ago, Bird Up said:

how do i prevent the new moon rock thing from perishing? it spoils very quickly.

You're gonna need bundling wraps to preserve them. 

Armorga    104
2 hours ago, lionking102 said:

Ever heared of constructive criticism? It´s fine if you don´t like it, but please have some respect of the hard work behind that boss. 

I also don´t think this is the perfect update I have waited for, but no reason to say it like that. 

But yeah... the haters gonna hate... 

oh boy and how much i hate that design, every criticism is constructive at all, but sometimes it goes more to the bullying side, similar to how my criticism was before, the design is the only problem with the boss at all, but it's still a huge problem they're basically bigger altars, have they used any dr doofenshmirtz inventions to get big or what?

Edited by The batting bat
  • Sad Dupe 1

Armorga    104

it's an offense for klaus to be compared to a ball with floating crap in terms of design, which will be the next boss? a cube?! like just a cube that floats around and make magical crap to attack us?! like if it were the most creative design possible for a boss, way better animated than the magnifying beasts this game had as giants, which the fact of being idiot puns of animals names make them funny and comic aswell, but making a boss design that lame goes from funny and comic to lame and insulting, i hope this is the last time i gonna have to talk about my opinion in this boss which i find way too true to be just my personal opinion

• Haha 3