Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

RoughCactus69

Comical Deaths: From Here to There.

RoughCactus69    386

What is the most comical death you have witnessed or had happen to you? 

For me personally? Well, there was one time me and two other people had gone on like a 6-7 day ruins trip. One of us died, and me and my friend made it out alive by the nick of our ball hair. As soon as we leave the caves my friend walks two feet and INSTANTLY gets struck by lightning dying on the spot. He only had like 2 health, but it was probably the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. Working that hard and barely surviving just for Zeus to smite you down.

But yes, what are your funny death stories?

Sincerely,

Cactus

Resul    122

My grandpa is colorblind and diabet. Last week he took M&M's instead of his pills. Well, you know the rest

BezKa    2255

It was funny the first time, but getting bucked off directly on top of a tentacle gets old real fast

maquinarara1    81

Playing as Winona and was farming Queen Bee.

That specific time I learned various things:

Catapults can harm you if they hit an enemy close enough to you

Catapults can kill you in seconds

Catapults will stunlock you if given the circumstances

Never forget to set things to anything but PvP, even when playing solo...

Another thing that happened to me was that, I was starving (yeah I know, it´s even in the title) and returning to base, then nas I was jumping some "boat bridges" I died, the funny thing was that most of my stuff fell into the ocean, mostly valuable loot that i went out for and my life amulet, so no revives...yeah.

Awhile ago in a pub server, two or so years back, I was playing with probably two or three other people. Pretty much everything thus far had gone fairly alright.  None of us were very experienced, from what I could tell, but still competent enough to fend off Deerclops without absolutely abysmal losses.

A few days into the new  season, RNJesus decided to bless us with relentless frog rain. Now, we were all based right in the middle of the oasis desert, with not much else to aggro the frogs on. We also didn't find out quickly enough that we should maybe just leave base until the sky stopped the downpour of aggressive, homicidal amphibians. 

After we all made the absolutely genius mistake of fighting back ourselves, each of us managed to amass a swarm of bloodthirsty frogs aggro'd onto us; being unable to stop running to craft, eat, or really do anything, unless we wanted to be licked to death by frogs and mauled by nightmares.  We got chased around until dark, when the first death occurred when trying to relight the fire pit, a sacrifice that only delayed the inevitable. The rest of us continued to circle around the flame, and once the rain snuffed it out, each of us was gradually being picked off one by one by frogs, nightmare creatures, darkness, or if you were really lucky, all three, somehow! We had a good run, although at the time it made me rather sad, as I'd just poured four or five hours straight into that server. Looking back though, it's a nice memory, and the mental image of a handful of very panicked players being chased by around two dozen frogs and nightmare creatures around a dying flame was pretty funny, at least to me.

LinknAllie    939

I'm gonna assume forge deaths count since the only one I remember is during the 2 boarillas round I got juggled like a tennis ball for a couple seconds before I died.

Cheggf    3593

A beefalo in heat riding past someone who was extremely injured and not wearing armor for some reason bucked the rider off the moment they got close to the injured person. It immediately, without even needing to move, headbutted the injured player once, killing them instantly before the rider even touched the ground.

It doesn't sound particularly funny in text form, it doesn't really convey how instantly everything happened. I wish I was recording, it was pretty funny looking.

thegreatJash    1563

I was killing Fuelweaver with friends and I started starving. I thought that the red around my screen was some weird visual bug, without looking at my hunger, since the Fuelweaver arena is extremely red. You can probably figure out what happened after a minute or two of this. I still can't fathom how dumb I looked.

I learned how to make a streamer laugh at my misfortune and beg me to come back because of my comically bad deaths, I got struck by a meteriod and killed, killed as wes by my own balloons. Struck by lighting ON STREAM INFRONT OF 200 PEOPLE L I V E sending the owner into the darkness and d i e, and before that mock a mactusk that it can't get me, and get an instant karma death by masktusk.

HowlVoid    3058

So brought deerclops to fight a sleeping bearger because I didn't want to deal with it. 

Bearger proceeds to sleep me and deerclops and begins pummeling him. I stood nearby because I wanted to watch the carnage. After killing deerclops bearger begins to run towards me while I slept.

"Wait a minute... I didn't hit you"

612412645_download(4).jpeg.8e16b36c871505706d2e5eb41c667086.jpeg

I died in my sleep that day. I had forgotten I had honey in my pockets. I wasn't wearing armor so it killed me rather quickly and painlessly, thanks bearger. 

__IvoCZE__    9123
3 hours ago, Resul said:

My grandpa is colorblind and diabet. Last week he took M&M's instead of his pills. Well, you know the rest

This went from 0 to 100 fast.

Mike23Ua    10117

Sigh.. I’m never ever EVER going to be able to top this-

1C999937-17AC-4366-8C80-E9B938D5795D.gif.76e0fbb076143d92d73c9d5dfa90a7f3.gif

The sad part is this is DS single players adventures mode.. and I believe this was like chapter 3 or 4 that I made this mistake within.

RoughCactus69    386
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sigh.. I’m never ever EVER going to be able to top this-

1C999937-17AC-4366-8C80-E9B938D5795D.gif.76e0fbb076143d92d73c9d5dfa90a7f3.gif

The sad part is this is DS single players adventures mode.. and I believe this was like chapter 3 or 4 that I made this mistake within.

This is honestly incredible. I thought you were going to die via monster meat. THis small video has such an amazing turn of events.

Death via coconut........ yikes.......

I'm personally still waiting on death via mole. It will happen eventually.

Sincerely,

Cactus

9 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

This is honestly incredible. I thought you were going to die via monster meat. THis small video has such an amazing turn of events.

Death via coconut........ yikes.......

I'm personally still waiting on death via mole. It will happen eventually.

Sincerely,

Cactus

How?

RoughCactus69    386
12 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

How?

Like the other guy said, from cave-ins. When a cave in happens rocks, gems, minerals, rabbits, moles, etc can fall from the ceiling. I'm waiting for a mole to cave my skull in.

Sincerely,

Cactus

__IvoCZE__    9123
37 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I'm waiting for a mole to cave my skull in.

Gotta visit a dermatologist in the purgatory afterwards

CaptainChaotica    6048
8 hours ago, SkepticnotCynic said:

Didn't happen to me but the streamer Don't Starve Jazzy. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialTastyTruffleNotLikeThis

To be fair in the moment of panic all brain related functions turn off.

That reminds me of that part in Sips' early Don't Starve days, where he was like "Wait.  What's happening.  Why did the screen go all red?  Am I about to be attacked?!" (pulls out spear and puts on logsuit) "Okay I'm ready.  Come at me.  Where are you?" etc.

SEVERAL DENTED KEYBOARDS AND HOARSE THROATS FROM YELLING AT THE SCREEN LATER, "Oh, it's because I forgot to eat!"

(smacks. forehead.)  I mean, it's not like that's the mechanic the game is NAMED after, or anything...
(this episode, clip starts at around 18:00 in)

As for my own silly deaths, well I do have a couple stories, but for now I'll just go with my shortest-to-explain stupid ending:  
Death by cotton candy.

XD

...Notorious

wigfrids hat    5198
11 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Like the other guy said, from cave-ins. When a cave in happens rocks, gems, minerals, rabbits, moles, etc can fall from the ceiling. I'm waiting for a mole to cave my skull in.

Sincerely,

Cactus

i was in a world where someone died from a rabbit clonking them, does that count? i've also personally died from a piece of gold XD

Notecja    2023
2 hours ago, gaymime said:

i've also personally died from a piece of gold XD

That's very fancy death!

Frog rain, me and a friend escape on a boat, lightning strikes my friend who chose to play the playable lightning rod and out boat breaks killing him and i get killed by frogs when i wash up, and then Ivo rolled a 1 out of 100, a ONE