Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

FaustTheMad

Eating food by accident onclick myself - any solution?

FaustTheMad    3

From the diary of Woodie:

There was i in the dark staying by my fire listening to the voices of the dark calling me. Lucy was calm that day i worked a lot.

I just wanted some peace so i remembered an old recipe to make them disappear. I started to cook my yesterday picked-up greencaps to make some cure for my madness.

THEN I ACCIDENTALLY ATE THEM. Ate them all. I went crazy and i died. 

End of my story. Any solution for this? 

(clicking on the food-clicking on the fire to cook it but accidentally clicking on myself to eat that thing raw) i dont really need onperson click for eating even if it costs one slot from my inventory. or is there an action for using environment, like greencaps hovering in hand and hitting space by the fire? Is there anything to prevent meself from silly suicides? HELP. 

Sincerely: the Ghost of Woodie

lakhnish    2375

Trying using Q and E to rotate your camera so you're not positioning your character right where you are cooking. I've seen people do that a lot :>

Owlrus    4665

If I'm not mistaken, recently they added the ability for you to repeat an action by holding the action button. For example, if you take a stack of berries and hover it over a campfire to cook, simply click and hold the stack over it to continuously cook each one; just one press, not necessary to click over and over again.

Cr4zyFl4mes    293

Clicking on myself usually isn't a problem, and if i do it on accident, it's more funny than annyoing and can create some tense and memorable situations. What annoyes me a bit  is clicking on others when i want to cook/store something, but hey, it's my fault for missclicking.

I know DST is not an FPS, but in FPS you wouldn't argue that you should've hit a guy and that you only missclicked.

My advice is: go play Minesweeper, it was reportedly included on Windows to teach users how click with precision.
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-computers-comewith-solitaire-and-minesweeper-2015-8

Caochu    879

Play as Warly :grin:

More seriously, I know the frustration you might have. I lost some world at my beginnings that way. Now, I consider it a part of the roguelike gameplay :cupcake: Wouldn't mind some Qol on the subject though, but I'm not expecting some soon.

22 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I know I have had my fair share of monster meat crunches, and I've even seen others perish from it. Pretty comical honestly.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Those times when you had to cook your monster meat to turn it to eggs.

How much did I swallow raw ? Dark ages I swear

Cheggf    3593

Be more accurate with your mouse, move away from the firepit before you cook it, rotate your camera so the fire pit is covering you up, or make a mod to disable eating foods by clicking on yourself.

to prevent myself from accidentally eating monster meat instead of feeding it to bird or cooking it over the fire, I use a queueing mod

now instead of eating 1 piece with each misclick I eat a whole stack and promptly die before I realise what's going on

kiwikenobi    1323

I once made the opposite mistake. I was going insane, so I cooked my green caps nicely over the fire, and then... I threw them into the fire instead of eating them. Wasn't because of the repeating action command by holding the button, I just kept missing because I was starting to get panicky because of the insanity, and it somehow didn't occur to me to move away from the fire so that I couldn't keep burning my mushrooms by mistake. So I learned to stay more calm and mouse more carefully when things are getting tense.

Cheggf    3593
35 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

I once made the opposite mistake. I was going insane, so I cooked my green caps nicely over the fire, and then... I threw them into the fire instead of eating them. Wasn't because of the repeating action command by holding the button, I just kept missing because I was starting to get panicky because of the insanity, and it somehow didn't occur to me to move away from the fire so that I couldn't keep burning my mushrooms by mistake. So I learned to stay more calm and mouse more carefully when things are getting tense.

You can right click on food in your inventory to eat it.

kiwikenobi    1323
3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

You can right click on food in your inventory to eat it.

I knew that, but I was panicking because of the shadows about to attack me. The real solution was to stay more calm so that I could have thought of a solution like that instead. ^o^;>

FaustTheMad    3
17 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Be more accurate with your mouse, move away from the firepit before you cook it, rotate your camera so the fire pit is covering you up, or make a mod to disable eating foods by clicking on yourself.

I didnt find a mod for this. But somone mentioned that the campfire hitbox should be bigger. Which would cause that near it a cant click myself. That would make sense. If im not near a campfire i could still selfclick. This mod would be awesome.

Terra_Zina    5829

Happens... Can't count the amount of times I've accidentally given someone a stack of food and they didn't give it back :wilson_resigned: