Recommended Posts

Shampoo143    15

So I've been thinking,in dst we got three kinds of berry bushes.. right?

But 2 of them are same stuff, I mean they produces same kind of berries, they're just different shapes..so..why not change the kind of berries they produce?The regular berry bush can produce normal/fire berries in summer/autumn, the other kind of berrybush can produce blue berry that is winter specific berry??ie,they produces blueberry in winter without any manure needed??And the juicy berry can be spring specific??

Also the berries perks could be altered a bit? For example eating raw/cooked blue berry lowers down body temperature by a small amount..and fire/red berries increases body temperature a little bit..and juicy berries can give wetness protection or something like that?These perks should be for a specific period of time and should depend upon the amount of berries consumed??Idk..

The berries will still be able to be used as crockpot fillers,also this will give a scope for new crockpot dishes??Heat/cold specific food can also be added and FINALLY..all shapes and kind of berrybush will finally have their unique features so that player chooses all of them and none of them gets discriminated and left behind by their shapes (´ . .̫ . `)?

(Sorry about the horrible art attached, I tried ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ,I hope your eyes survive this, and..have a great day,I hope y'all are doing well:wilson_blush:.. and yeah.. thankyou for going through such long post ಥ‿ಥ):wickerbottomthanks:

IMG_20210405_232900.png

IMG_20210405_232821.png

  • Hunger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    1775
2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Now the problem is that that particular type of berry bush is kinda rare... I've only seen it in the second pig village set piece. Would be cool to have though. A cool unique recipe could be poison berry pie that does a massive -150 hp damage lol. To troll your friends but it would be really op in pvp, which some people care about.

Correct me if im wrong, but aren't you unable to feed others meals that may harm the eatee

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    2130
17 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but aren't you unable to feed others meals that may harm the eatee

Oh yeah I think they removed force feeding. Imagine just leaving it on the ground for a noob to eat lmao. (I don't pvp as you can tell) Or bearger... New bearger meta confirmed.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Haha 2
  • Potato Cup 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nin Ya    304
4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Holly berries probably fit this idea more and they are cold resistant in real life. I think its fine if they ONLY grow in winter and holly berries are poisonous. This makes them more balanced since they can only be used as crockpot fillers and ice exists. Any unsuspecting noob using these as last minute winter food will die(-20hp).1400937024834.jpeg.7b93300950fa096049ca77b6c3cae02f.jpeg

Now the problem is that that particular type of berry bush is kinda rare... I've only seen it in the second pig village set piece. Would be cool to have though. A cool unique recipe could be poison berry pie that does a massive -150 hp damage lol. To troll your friends, dare them to eat it.

Wormwood fan suggesting to add food that takes health... sus

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    2130
6 minutes ago, Nin Ya said:

Wormwood fan suggesting to add food that takes health... sus

Ssshhhhhhhhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    84414
3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Oh yeah I think they removed force feeding.

So that scene of Wigfrid and wes is not canon anymore?

  • Sad Dupe 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sudoku    743

There's already an over abundance of berries and carrots imo, but it would be kinda cool if the berry bush maybe had different seasonal variants that offered seasonal berries that had different stats. that would be kinda cool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainChaotica    6026
11 hours ago, Shampoo143 said:

So I've been thinking,in dst we got three kinds of berry bushes.. right?

But 2 of them are same stuff, I mean they produces same kind of berries, they're just different shapes..so..why not change the kind of berries they produce?The regular berry bush can produce normal/fire berries in summer/autumn, the other kind of berrybush can produce blue berry that is winter specific berry??ie,they produces blueberry in winter without any manure needed??And the juicy berry can be spring specific??

Also the berries perks could be altered a bit? For example eating raw/cooked blue berry lowers down body temperature by a small amount..and fire/red berries increases body temperature a little bit..and juicy berries can give wetness protection or something like that?These perks should be for a specific period of time and should depend upon the amount of berries consumed??Idk..

The berries will still be able to be used as crockpot fillers,also this will give a scope for new crockpot dishes??Heat/cold specific food can also be added and FINALLY..all shapes and kind of berrybush will finally have their unique features so that player chooses all of them and none of them gets discriminated and left behind by their shapes (´ . .̫ . `)?

(Sorry about the horrible art attached, I tried ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ,I hope your eyes survive this, and..have a great day,I hope y'all are doing well:wilson_blush:.. and yeah.. thankyou for going through such long post ಥ‿ಥ):wickerbottomthanks:

IMG_20210405_232900.png

IMG_20210405_232821.png

So basically this?

oopsberries.thumb.png.02621d45b9de2e1c2dcb37e26dfed1ea.png

(the two bushes in the bottom-ish left-ish.  Oh the thing up at the top is a pineapple bush.  From the same mod.)

...except not in mod form?  I mean, I'D be all about new fruits or veggies growing around naturally.  Just one kind of fruit and one kind of veggie (without farming) is boring.  That's why I _use_ mods like Birds and Berries and Pickle It! in the first place--to get some more variety up in here!  If what you said came true, console players will be able to have some form of blueberries (yeah I know they look purple here : P) too.

...Notorious

 

  • Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now