[Game Update] - 458469

10 minutes ago, Mantas said:

Thanks for the free oxygen 
image.thumb.png.15c64cb7cf46e1bbac976ff7040a8137.png

image.png

I actually want this as an ingame feature now. If you chose this skin, your character does the holding animation but other players can see nothing and your tool also does nothing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

I actually want this as an ingame feature now. If you chose this skin, your character does the holding animation but other players can see nothing and your tool also does nothing

Those... are real skins. Invisible, but real. Though they do work.

• Like 2

I'm Dissecting new Wes video , all I have for now is that the guy's name who was supposed to be in the game instead of Wes is George Withe..(something) , and from text on the box He was magician like Maxwell, The passport on the George's table is American so he is Just visiting France for some reason , he also has Gramophone that Maxwell uses to trick people in there so he got contacted while in France and not in America so that means he had another reason to traveling there.

Edited by Guga1249

23 minutes ago, Guga1249 said:

I'm Dissecting new Wes video , all I have for now is that the guy's name who was supposed to be in the game instead of Wes is George Withe..(something) , and from text on the box He was magician like Maxwell, The passport on the George's table is American so he is Just visiting France for some reason , he also has Gramophone that Maxwell uses to trick people in there so he got contacted while in France and not in America so that means he had another reason to traveling there.

Good mentioning that the passport is American, I was just wondering since the only thing I can make out on it is literally "Passport"... The guy is pretty much confirmed to be George Witherstone, a supplier of magic props Maxwell used to owe money to. Things that caught my attention are the half-packed, open suitcase on the couch and the fact, that the house looks a bit run-down (cracks in the wall etc.). And the fricking portrait of the person and the shadow watcher? Why? How? Who would put a picture of THAT on their walls like a lovely holiday memory? Did Witherstone move in and bring it with him? Is he just staying there for a short time and the picture was already there? Is he just staying short time, BUT the picture is so important he carries it woth him everywhere?? Klei, I need answers!

• Thanks 1

Im not sure if its intentional or not, but when you craft the balloon west or hat it removes the pile o ballons from your inventory like any other crafting recipes.  But I personally think that shouldnt be the case and the pile o ballons should only be required to be in your inventory for crafting thoose items instead of literally just using it as an ingredient

1 minute ago, Mert_TR said:

Im not sure if its intentional or not, but when you craft the balloon west or hat it removes the pile o ballons from your inventory like any other crafting recipes.  But I personally think that shouldnt be the case and the pile o ballons should only be required to be in your inventory for crafting thoose items instead of literally just using it as an ingredient

i had the same problem that was cause because the pause mod

try it in a vanilla world

• Thanks 1

I’m also forgetting to mention that Wes’s Speed buff balloons are kinda Useless even if they DO get a buff everyone’s forgetting one tiny detail:

Klei recently allowed Beefalo taming to be as easy as crafting a cowbell, feeding it a few sticks and slapping a saddle on its back.

It does NOT have to be fully tamed to be ridden and it’s speed buff is great.

The Walking cane is % chance thing but easy tame Beefalo’s are guaranteed by Day 5 or Less.

Klei needs to buff Wes’s speed balloons- because any REAL Wes Mains just going to cowbell bond a Beefalo for Speed buff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

This is the one change I'm not so sure about. It just sounds like it'd make things more tedious as Wes, not harder.

That’s what I thought at first too. But I think it gets Wes players who have the knowledge and skills to use other, better means of wood and resource gathering. Like the underutilized pigmen, for example.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m also forgetting to mention that Wes’s Speed buff balloons are kinda Useless even if they DO get a buff everyone’s forgetting one tiny detail:

Klei recently allowed Beefalo taming to be as easy as crafting a cowbell, feeding it a few sticks and slapping a saddle on its back.

It does NOT have to be fully tamed to be ridden and it’s speed buff is great.

The Walking cane is % chance thing but easy tame Beefalo’s are guaranteed by Day 5 or Less.

Klei needs to buff Wes’s speed balloons- because any REAL Wes Mains just going to cowbell bond a Beefalo for Speed buff.

Do you seriously think klei needs to buff his balloons simply because another option exists? It was never meant to be exceptional in the first place.

I like the general direction of this change!

Wes was good as a challenge character, but because he took more food than other characters, there was this concern that he was sort of a food leech. This changes should kill more of the bad Wes players, while having competent players no longer feel guilty if they ever reach into the communal fridge.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paulcdejean said:

I like the general direction of this change!

Wes was good as a challenge character, but because he took more food than other characters, there was this concern that he was sort of a food leech. This changes should kill more of the bad Wes players, while having competent players no longer feel guilty if they ever reach into the communal fridge.

i think that was mostly a concern of non-wes players. the majority of wild wes' in the world tend to be solo players or fairly good ones already. "food leaching" was mostly a means of justifying unreasonable buttheadery over the char. i mean, wolfgang is geared towards overeating and he didnt get nearly the number of complaints on the matter

Edited by gaymime
typo
  • Like 3

I would remove the hammering/chopping/mining part (just boring, not hard) to add something like: more creatures' focus (including bosses, not only hounds, creatures with more Hp if playing solo), random wild fire on him on summer, slipping on ice (hard to chance direction after start walking), slower attack animation (harder to kite), less damage for the next 10 hits/30 seconds after being hit by a boss, gets cold after getting wet (doubles chance to drop his weapon and random sneezes), sneezes on spring too, etc...

@ScottHansen

Good stuff Klei!

Thank you for implementing the Salt Box correctly on the rewards and not having a pointless "Timeless" duplicate..

Please could you do the same (Loyal only) for the Clucky Winter Hat, Stolen Heart, Daggered Heart, Pig King Hat, Staked Heart, Knitted Puppy Hat, Cherub's Heart, and Carrat Torch? Having to spend ~9000 Klei points is a bit of a kick in the nuts and this is coming from someone currently happy to spend $$$ on duplicate character skins with every rework in order to support the rework..

Hiding these in the reward page for owned Timeless won't really work for collectors either since they're still technically missing. The only real way is to reverse the update which made the Timeless variants (I can't even find that update on Steam or the Update page either, what's up with that??). Just simple loyal skins that you either earned at the time or redeemed through rewards, I don't recall any particular community call for anything different?

Edited by camelCase
  • Sad 1