[Game Update] - 458469

12 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

They use her efficiently and because Abi is strong, experienced players can use her full potential which makes Abi OP.

That’s their fault- but personally even after playing all the characters in the game Wendy is still my favorite, followed by Willow, then Wortox, then Wigfrid.

Wortox is the very definition of OP.. in fact: I could survive just fine if they decided to Nerf him so he can’t wear helmet or body armor (the dude has huge horns sticking off his head, Helms make 0 sense on him!) but more importantly: he can carry a stack of 20 souls for healing himself, healing others, teleporting across gaps of land, eating for food nourishment. 

And the only legit downsides he has: Carrying more than 20 souls, Hated by Pigmen & can’t trade with their King, Catcoons like pouncing his face.

Wendy on the other hand.. is OP but there’s quite a lot of preparation/setup in being op: 1- Perfected Kiting Timing, 2: Utilizing time of day so Abigails strengths are higher, 3- going on her own unique quests to find lost stuffs to get ingredients to craft Ectoherbology potions to improve Abigails performance.

Wes for me is no more or no less challenging as Wendy sure he has lower overall health but let’s be completely honest here: In THIS GAME most players try to keep all their stats maxed out at full at all times anyway...

And as long as your NOT being hit... doesn’t make a difference if you got 75 hp or 400

(cough cough WX78 OP Please Nerf.)

Wendy has a free damage boost, for both her and Abigail, Abigail gets stronger during dusk and night for literally no reason, it's a walking tank with massive AoE and damage output that can be easily rounded up to even bigger number damage and health wise.

I think what you're saying is a stretch, Wendy is one of the most braindead and stupidly overpowered characters ever since her rework. None of the things she does are hard to understand, all you have to do is utilize your floating minature Wolfgang and that's it.

Walking around a map searching for graves isn't difficult, you have a bionic ectoplasm by your side that will stomp anything in its path. The only enemy type Abigail is weak against are bosses that even then can be dealt with if youve played this game for sometime and know how they operate, using knowledge about them to their advantage.

Wortox actually has a meaningful downside, Wendy doesnt. Wx is nothing but a Wilson with stat upgrades, spoiled food advantage and speed boost condition, that's it. The only "op" thing about him is he's far more versatile in ruins because the enemies there are his source of food so...

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

can’t trade with their King

wortox can, the only character that cant trade with pig king is wurt

1- Perfected Kiting Timing, 2: Utilizing time of day so Abigails strengths are higher, 3- going on her own unique quests to find lost stuffs to get ingredients to craft Ectoherbology potions to improve Abigails performance.

she doesnt need to kite perfectly unless is fighting bosses. Most like the opposite, if you kite bad there is no worries since abi will take the aggro, the time of the day doesnt matter when she increase wendy damage from 75% to 115%+abi damage and her pipspook quest arent difficult, they just take time.*

meanwhile wortox have an op perk but has a stronger downside since he only gets half of stats from food which means that you need a bundle filled with food (which takes more time that some elixirs used in niche situations) or eating souls which will make him loss sanity

i wont say anything about your comparation between wes and wendy

*edit: also the elixirs arent neccesary to survive, they are only useful in boss fights

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Actually.. the elixirs are used to increase Abigails shields duration, among other things.. but this one is the one I want to highlight because without it: Abigail can’t absolutely demolish frog rain.

And that is really the biggest thing Abigail got in her rework, prior to the refresh Frogs just stun lock killed Abigail but now with her default shield and the additional elixir- Abby can and will wipe out an entire session of frog rain.

C5AC556F-3F62-45EA-85C8-1A29CDED7EC6.gif.a4cdf645e4749e1f6bc193de800ff56b.gif

Honestly it seems to be the best use for Wendy now- well that and getting silks.

Frog legs and Silks by the hundreds :) 

Wortoxs sanity drain isn’t much issue: He can eat mushrooms, rest in tent, wear head garland/top hat etc.., He isn’t like say Walter- He doesn’t gain sanity back from wearing clothes & constantly drains sanity when injured.

But even Walter has some pretty gimmicky ways to restore sanity: Standing in forest wearing his pine tree hat, telling campfire stories.

once you learn a character even downsides won’t hold you back from being good with them.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

without it: Abigail can’t absolutely demolish frog rain.

you dont need elixirs to survive a frog raid, just ran. It is only another dumb way that abi is able to do to give free food. Useful but nothing special. You can use moose instead

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And that is really the biggest thing Abigail got in her rework

the biggest thing abigail got in her rework was being excellent in most of the boss fights. Before the rework, unless you carried and entire backpack of flowers to keep summoning her, she was useless

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly it seems to be the best use for Wendy now- well that and getting silks.

and killing antlion without character interaction, being strong against fuelweaver, the best beequeen fighter, being able to farm splumonkeys which gives bannans (cheap sanity and healing)+nightmere fuel+morsel+beard hair, useful farming salt, excellent helping countering crabking healings without weather pains, best hound waves defense and the list is longer

saying that the best use for wendy is frog rains (which are better used for killing moose goose) is showing how little idea you have

Wortoxs sanity drain isn’t much issue: He can eat mushrooms, rest in tent, wear head garland/top hat etc.., He isn’t like say Walter- He doesn’t gain sanity back from wearing clothes & constantly drains sanity when injured.

green caps only gives 7,5 sanity, good luck grinding them to counter the insanity for eating souls. Top hat and garland shouldnt even be mentioned. Tam o shatter helps but you wont be sane all the time like others and for boss fights like fw or beequeen you must be carefully of not dropping souls

walter doesnt loose sanity passively if he is with good health and he doesnt receive half sanity from foods

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

They use her efficiently and because Abi is strong, experienced players can use her full potential which makes Abi OP.

that is absolutely not true lmao, wendy's full potential is fun to watch but even that doesn't make her that strong

I just wanted to say that I am proud of this community. All of the forumites who make strong and compelling arguments, are very knowledgeable of the game, and are just overall good players are in agreement that Wendy is busted. You guys bring a tear to my eye. It brings me hope that one day Wendy will feel the heavy merciless nerf hammer come crashing down upon her. If there's one thing that can bring us together its this.

Let the meteors of heaven rain upon her and rend her asunder!

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/23/2021 at 5:24 PM, nikk said:

This should be a new setting. Because Wes players can bait hounds with this.

Difficult hounds should attack slowest players with least HP.

Medium hounds should attack random players.

Easy hounds should attack Wes first.

What do you mean Easy, medium, and hard hounds?
The only hounds that can attack you during a wave are regular, ice, and fire, so which is which?
Personally I prefer to get attacked by ice hounds because they have less health and their freezing effect isn't too dangerous