Dragolantis

2021 Roadmap Character Refresh Discussion

HowlVoid    2130
55 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

Like it, but your idea for Webber seems to childish, IK that he is a Child but this is just too childish even for him. I do like the idea of webber being able to transport spiders and maybe because he actually has 4 limbs on his face maybe he could hold 2 held items at once? Ids how this could work but an idea is an idea

Webber is childish though? Here is the thing about webber, he builds a lot of contrast with how he perceives the world around himself vs how the Constant really is. A great deal of his quotes are what you would expect from a child with nothing short of amusement, gullibility, naivety, lack of understanding and lack of judgement. He thinks pigs are meanies despite them trying to murder him and fixing himself up from near death is getting rid of the boo-boos. Their is a somber tone with a child who is unaware of the danger they are in because they see the world through rose colored lenses, sometimes, under the most dire of circumstances. I tried to replicate that with my idea following the trend of "ignorance is bliss". Despite them being toys, he is using them as tools of war. Wether webber realizes it or not. Just how he probably doesn't realize how much of a monstrosity he really is. 

Edited by HowlVoid

Dragolantis    69
3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Webber is childish though? Here is the thing about webber, he builds a lot of contrast with how he perceives the world around himself vs how the Constant really is. A great deal of his quotes are what you would expect from a child with nothing short of amusement, gullibility, naivety, lack of understanding and lack of judgement. He thinks pigs are meanies despite them trying to murder him and fixing himself up from near death is getting rid of the boo-boos. Their is a somber tone with a child who is unaware of the danger they are in because they see the world through rose colored lenses. I tried to replicate that with my idea following the trend of "ignorance is bliss". Despite them being toys, he is using them as tools of war. Wether webber realizes it or not.

Yeah, but then it kinda leads to an awkward confrontation where everyone else is like 'Webber, stop using your toys as tools of war' 

which would probably make the little man depressed

but that probably would not happen

but still, imagine you're just walking down the street when you see someone lasso a spider with a yoyo, and then stick them on a tree covered in webbing with a silk airplane on top

(Also 3 pages IDKW this makes me happy but it does)

@xxXolot Had an idea for wilson:

"- start with a portable science machine that can be upgraded to a portable alchemy engine, both can be used by anyone, but can only be craft / disassembled by Wilson"

I think this may be cool, Wilson is a simple basic character that is supposed to help introduce newcomers into the world of Don't Starve without shoving them into crazy character specific abilities like a ghost follower being a monster which as a wortox main playing a non-monster I always get scared whenever I stumble upon a pig village (Racist Jerks) and being able to turn into a werebeast

HowlVoid    2130
13 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

Yeah, but then it kinda leads to an awkward confrontation where everyone else is like 'Webber, stop using your toys as tools of war' 

which would probably make the little man depressed

but that probably would not happen

but still, imagine you're just walking down the street when you see someone lasso a spider with a yoyo, and then stick them on a tree covered in webbing with a silk airplane on top

(Also 3 pages IDKW this makes me happy but it does)

This already happens because he doesn't realize how much of a monstrosity he really is lol! Wolfgang is especially scared of him. That's the appeal with webber; he is a very optimistic kid that doesn't give up even when things get rough. Despite his current predicament (being a hybrid) and having truly died (and resurrected) he doesn't ever complain nor is he depressed about things (unlike a certain goth girl I know).

Edited by HowlVoid

Dragolantis    69

While I can maybe see the yoyo being implemented, the airplane, silkball and paddleball probably wouldn't fit in, the paddleball only purpose seems to be a small sanity buffer (though with the ease of being able to make a silk hat as webber why would u) with the chance of doing small damage. The Silk Ball would actually be cool if you got several with one craft so I actually change my mind about that. IDG the Tiers of silk trees, and the being able to position spiders there sounds cool, but isn't it just a weirder version of a spider nest that spawns spiders that don't consume drops? ehh

HowlVoid    2130
2 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

While I can maybe see the yoyo being implemented, the airplane, silkball and paddleball probably wouldn't fit in, the paddleball only purpose seems to be a small sanity buffer (though with the ease of being able to make a silk hat as webber why would u) with the chance of doing small damage. The Silk Ball would actually be cool if you got several with one craft so I actually change my mind about that. IDG the Tiers of silk trees, and the being able to position spiders there sounds cool, but isn't it just a weirder version of a spider nest that spawns spiders that don't consume drops? ehh

The ideas are more as examples since you know, Klei will always do their own stuff when it comes to reworks (understandably, its their vision after all). I just think toys would be a cool theme to work with. Still its fun to come up with ideas so Ill try to explain my thoughts a bit.

Webber has a small sanity of 100 and the paddle ball is me giving him slightly more sanity options but its actually a damage perk in disguise. If each paddle ball does 5 damage that's 20 damage every few seconds. 

The trees is for two things: 1. To keep the spiders from eating the drops and 2. To keep webber from constantly having to feed the spiders and await dusk/night. Imagine having a few trees placed near each other with 5 spider warriors in each. You aggro a few pigs and bring them to the slaughter house. Its more efficient, organized and readily available. 

• Like 1

Dextops    357

as much as i do really want webber to be reworked idk how they would do so. if they did rework him i pray they won't focus on spiders and instead on his other attributes but idk how they would go about doing so. i feel as if going with wx is the safer option since he does share a somewhat blandness that webber has and could have his character expanded upon his main character traits and robotic abilities. since it is hinted that webber grew up on a farm maybe expanding on that could be a cool idea

Resul    122

İd like to see üinona refresh. Her story gives her so much potential. She can have automated farms, automated watering, system an engine for boats, special tools that made professionally that have longer durability or gets job done faster and even more. I will be so happy if winona gets some of these

What about redirecting lightnin energy via ligthning rod into something else ? Like recharging generators with ligthing!

Keli write that down please!

Edited by Resul
  • Like 4

Remps    287

actually with wes rework i can be sure wilson rework not much good because of wes is "challange" survivor which means for me meh, Wilson will stay at starter survivor with meh perks and meh gameplay

• Like 1

Dragolantis    69
On 4/20/2021 at 4:15 AM, Resul said:

İd like to see üinona refresh. Her story gives her so much potential. She can have automated farms, automated watering, system an engine for boats, special tools that made professionally that have longer durability or gets job done faster and even more. I will be so happy if winona gets some of these

What about redirecting lightnin energy via ligthning rod into something else ? Like recharging generators with ligthing!

Keli write that down please!

Yes Klei Write this one down, I do also agree that winona needs some changes, she is a really lore relevant character especially now with the Grainy Transmission (AKA Wagstaff) in the Eye of The Storm update, and her ability to know the names of the items Wagstaff asks for during the moonstorm event.

Not to mention Winona is usually only played for her PERMANENT STRUCTURES OF CONVINIENCE

My opinion as of right now for the likelihood (I said likelihood, not who needs it the most) of characters getting a rework are in order from most likely to least likely:

WX-78, Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, Webber, Maxwell, Wilson.

WInona apparently had a Rework already, so she is not on the list, though if she hadn't she would be high on the list

• Big Ups 1