Dactylos

Sometimes making a new start is best

Dactylos    11

Yes, as you can see I have a massive food surplus. I've actually put my farming station at priority 1 because of it. I got rather lucky and had bristle blossoms spawn all around my starting location.

My base still needs some cleaning up, but it is a lot better than my first attempt. My old power grid and pipe layout was a mass of utility spaghetti. I'm doing my best to keep ahead of that particular folly this time around.

Dactylos    11

I actually moved the whole thing to the left a bit and up one space. I didn't leave enough room for my east ventilation shaft, so I'm gonna shift everything to the left slightly. Also raising it one block makes better pathing for the dupes. But yeah, its a really easy, really nice and optimized design I found while looking up farming. qX0o17r.png

Edited by Dactylos

stoeberhai    91
9 hours ago, degr said:

image.png.f8d9233793c151556a85daee9db4d7ba.png

agrarian excellence

I'm not sure if you have energy prices like in germany. My dupes labor is certainly in this league.

• Haha 1

Dactylos    11

Oh wow... I just discovered the fact that you can put atmo suits at the exits of your dupes' bedrooms. So instead of piping oxygen all over your base, you just pipe it from oxygen generators to your atmo suit docks.

Here's the picture on the thread I found. I'm stealing this design immediately.qq4kjmzwopm41.png

Edited by Dactylos
  • Like 1

Kerrin29    5

If you want to make your dupes really happy, just plant a sporchid in the base, I hear they have super high decor. ;)

Really don't do that!

• Haha 2

LoftyLaz    3

Nice post and a good read. Welcome ONI. you can say goodbye to friends and family for at least the next 6 months or so  ;)

• Haha 3

Omdev    7
On 3/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, LoftyLaz said:

Nice post and a good read. Welcome ONI. you can say goodbye to friends and family for at least the next 6 months or so  ;)

Our choice - the whole family plays in ONI))

• Health 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

KittenIsAGeek    1684
On 3/22/2021 at 3:34 AM, Dactylos said:

So... I started over. 

This is definitely an option!  I've had a lot of fun playing around with different asteroids and different features. Some were definitely much more difficult than others.  

I've also enjoyed trying to correct problems in a failing base.  It just depends on what mood I'm in when I play.

• Like 2