What's Your Wishlist For Next QoL?

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Like, an entire dupe of a characters atlas but with just a different face for the side? That sounds really inefficient, curious where you saw this post.

Pretty much and while that is inefficient I'm sure that they could have separate atlas's just for the head or something, I'm not a Klei dev

Just now, TemporarySolutn said:

Pretty much and while that is inefficient I'm sure that they could have separate atlas's just for the head or something, I'm not a Klei dev

Thanks a lot!, and yeah you're totally right, they could just have atlas's for the head. No need to dupe the entire atlas

Being able to link your cookbook to the crockpots and with one click you can choose the dish and preferred recipe for it to automatically fill the spots with the ingredients that are either in your inventory or near you, in the fridge for example and cook. That would be probably the best QOL improvement for me.

2 hours ago, YumoS said:

Being able to link your cookbook to the crockpots and with one click you can choose the dish and preferred recipe for it to automatically fill the spots with the ingredients that are either in your inventory or near you, in the fridge for example and cook. That would be probably the best QOL improvement for me.

I'm not fan of that book but I'm sure it would be nice for console players (which they can't play with mods)

1) an in-game fish-pedia. One that details where to fish the specific fish (maybe after catching one). And what baits it likes. They could go above and beyond as well and give info on how the fish acts when reeling it in, and have it show your largest catch.

2) make it so Woby doesn't run away from you so much. Beefalo got this fix, why not Woby.

3) new boat skins or skins for stuff like steering wheels and anchors and such. 

4) A walter buff would be nice. I find his main issue is his slingshot and how its only good if you if you have a very low ping. As the higher the ping you have, the more time the enemy has to get closer and attack you. You still have to wait the time to pull back the slingshot, plus the time it takes for the server to see you pushed the button. Now, I don't know an exact way to fix this with my little knowledge on how lag works and what can be done to help it in game.. but maybe just make the slingshot faster. And improve the "mobs don't draw aggro onto you" perk with the slingshot. It seems it only works when they are in the middle of getting punched. Any other time after or before those three frames, the mobs instantly go after you.

5 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

2) make it so Woby doesn't run away from you so much. Beefalo got this fix, why not Woby.

Eh, frankly at this point I'm not sure this is not intentional... Or they just forgot about it. Or the priority of fixing it might be a little bit low. But it's hard to ask them to fix it considering flooding bug fixes recently. Surely there's more things to do for devs..

6 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

Eh, frankly at this point I'm not sure this is not intentional... Or they just forgot about it. Or the priority of fixing it might be a little bit low. But it's hard to ask them to fix it considering flooding bug fixes recently. Surely there's more things to do for devs..

I'm pretty sure it is intentional. Mostly for situations where Woby bucks you off, it's logical that she would run away after that. She's also a dog, after she's done carrying you around she might want to stretch a bit. 

Sweeping flowers into dark flowers, petals into dark petals at cost of 1 nightmare fuel would be nice. Especially when playing alone dying and haunting flowers just for decoration under reset timer's stress is not necessary for vanilla dst experience i think. 

Please make Tall birds grown from Tallish birds non-hostile.

Yes, the heartbreak can be fun to watch the first time it happens, but it really just means there is an entire mechanic in the game that might as well not exist.

The had mentioned smoothing out the new player experience, so removing this "newb trap" and making it into an actual interesting mechanic would be appreciated.

35 minutes ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Please make Tall birds grown from Tallish birds non-hostile.

Yes, the heartbreak can be fun to watch the first time it happens, but it really just means there is an entire mechanic in the game that might as well not exist.

The had mentioned smoothing out the new player experience, so removing this "newb trap" and making it into an actual interesting mechanic would be appreciated.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind them becoming hostile as long as they make their own nest when they grow up.

Bring back the old Generating world, wrangling spiders, trimming Wilson’s beard world loading screen!!!!!  God this should be a staple part of the franchise... :(

Also I would love a QoL that focuses on Trees and cosmetic scenery.. for example: Maybe instead of using the same tree design for everything we could get some different looking trees (such as twiggy trees with different looks/branches) basically make it look less like you copy/paste the same tree over and over and over again and give them some uniqueness :) 

From the top of my head:

•  walls, fences and gates should not have attack priority over actual hostile/mobs - in fact, even on force-attack, said structures should have the least attack priority of all;

•  ability to turn into Papyrus/Cut Reeds the Blueprints (common from Tumbleweeds and rare/boss ones) as well as Sketches for Potter's Wheel via Cartographer's Desk for example - in long-lived worlds they tend to accumulate and is a pity burning is only way to dispose of them and having a little bit of return loot (Ash);

•  possibility to write with Feather Pencil on Bundling Wrap similarly to Signs inscribing what they contain inside;

•  possibility to cook en-mass on Scaled Furnace; alternatively use Scaled Furnace to burn excess materials like Hound's Teeth that only tend to accumulate if one doesn't want to "delete" them via Lureplant/Meteor Field/Abyss dumping/etc;

•  Lazy Deserter being able to teleport in between Forest and Cave shards;

•  making Sea Fishing Rods burnable in Campfire/Fire Pit (since we get a lot of them from treasure hunting in late-game).

On 3/21/2021 at 10:40 PM, CarlZalph said:

Which things are hard/impossible to differentiate between currently?

Got a little list for that:
- when dwelling inside the ruins and the nightmare cycle is at its climax

- lunacy / insanity filters, especially during summer and winter make it rather hard to see anything

- certain turf types

- generally overall look on the game (tiny details for example on characters / cosmetics, as these tend to blend with the environment or are nearly impossible to be noticed)

Sure there's more, but those four were the ones that can really affect one's experience

On 3/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, xDarkSoul18x said:

From a console standpoint I would like the detail mod people use baked in(The one that lets you see stats of mobs, food, HP bars etc). I would also like to have a set piece slider for world generation to more, lots, little etc. 

But really I want them to add a “grid” toggle or a snap to grid feature. Building a symmetric base on console is a nightmare lol. 

I know this is coming fairly late, but maybe it will be of use for you, provided you're not aware of this yet!

I love set pieces, too, and you're right, on console they are somewhat rare. My bf, who showed me this game, told me to set the number of players to 1 when generating a new world. This way there might be a higher chance for more set pieces to spawn as the system basically thinks it will be able to handle it all as there's only one player. When you relaunch the server, you're able to change the number of players. I got lucky a few times using this method

Edit: forgot a word

I would like to see an option to unravel a lootdrop as soon as you get it alongside the "Equip Now" and "Use Later" buttons. This would eliminate the problem of having to go and individually unweave each of the dozens of t-shirts and loafers you get & would be an actual Quality of Life addition.

My suggestions are going to suck for anyone who doesn’t want the game to become harder but IDC.. I like a bit of a challenge- I discovered these things while playing as Wes by the way.

Hounds may aggro on Wes more often, but they lose aggro so fast it’s too quick to even notice this change, If they’re supposed to aggro on him then they shouldn’t be so easy to shake off.

Bee’s! Bee’s are dumb (at least on Xbox they are..) they won’t cross a gap of water to continue pursuing you they just kind of get hung up on the land near the water. They WILL board a boat.. but I don’t think it’s in their game code to just casually fly over water when it probably should be?

In real life if bees chase you jumping in a lake won’t get rid of them.. they’ll wait till you resurface and continue stinging you.

Next QoL please update Bee Behaviors to fly over streams of Water with or without a boat involved.

Lastly: as Wes I rely a lot on Head Garlands and Top Hats for Sanity managing: But realistically (& preferably on a hardcore mode..) shouldn’t a hat of flowers attract bee’s towards it?

the other things I’d like in the next QoL have already been covered by others wanting them: Archipelago world Gen, Skin for Birchnut tree to become Palm Tree (we got skins for Wormholes and Beefalo’s... come on!) Skin selector in Wardrobe prior to joining a world, global pause button, more World Gen Settings & World Customization Options (for example being able to disable Mini-Map for all players on server)

7 hours ago, 0127 said:

I know this is coming fairly late, but maybe it will be of use for you, provided you're not aware of this yet!

I love set pieces, too, and you're right, on console they are somewhat rare. My bf, who showed me this game told me to set the number of players to 1 when generating a new world. This way there might be a higher for more set pieces to spawn as the system basically thinks it will be able to handle it all as there's only one player. When you relaunch the server, you're able to change the number of players. I got lucky a few times using this method

I’m totally gonna give that a try! Thanks man!

7) Being Able To Change World Online to Offline or Offline To Online

Title explains everything. I saw few threads about it but developers just passed of thread mostly. It's ridiculous to not being able to play with dlc characters on offline.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:04 PM, Just-guy said:

Water Balloons make other mobs wet, having to wait to rain makes electrical weapons impractical, especially on Winter when it doesn't rain.

I believe this was removed because the game lagged keeping track of the wetness value of every single entity, so it was replaced with a simple wet/dry for whether or not it's raining.

Dragonfly still works normally, she's the only exception.

Archived