JoeW

New Twitch Drops Coming Soon.

alphapaint    8
16 hours ago, psychotwilight said:

Yup, looks like the Steam login tool on the Klei rewards site is kill. 

dang I was hoping it was just a problem with my browser or something. I hope it gets fixed soon! 

ladylz    70
12 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

some people dont have two weeks for 6 hours of watch time on the first week, im just trying to explain to you why your logic is flawed, come on now

That’s why you have 2 weeks instead of just one. :) in the old drop system you had a month if not more. :) whether you are waiting until last minute or not the point remains that there are always streamers on you’re just not looking hard enough. :)

And now if you don’t watch streams or don’t have the time you can wait to get the free drops with points once they are added to the rewards page. :) No flawed logic here thanks. :) 

• Like 3
  • Health 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    7190
51 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

if i stream myself and im "subtracting protentional viewers" is that also harm? thats is the stupidest reasoning i could have imagined someone would make up lmfao

Yes, technically you are correct. But in case of the AFK Streamer it was done by breaking the Twitch rules (TOS). Aka very low effort, big payment, as a lot of people were using his stream (I believe he had the biggest view-count via AFK viewers out there prior to KLei adopting this new system) and he rolled out maximum number of commercials on his channel. But yes, bottom line is all Streamers are in competition for viewers, engaging ones or AKFers, that in turn are monetized via ads, hence revenue competition.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ladylz said:

That’s why you have 2 weeks instead of just one. :) in the old drop system you had a month if not more. :) whether you are waiting until last minute or not the point remains that there are always streamers on you’re just not looking hard enough. :)

And now if you don’t watch streams or don’t have the time you can wait to get the free drops with points once they are added to the rewards page. :) No flawed logic here thanks. :) 

not everyone will have enough time :D hence you saying "you have enough time come on now" will not apply to everyone as everyone has different circumstances, instead you just to be ignorant

20 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

breaking the Twitch rules

twitch rules suck anyways

34 minutes ago, Diim4iik said:

you absolutely do not care about other streamers, you just need drops and no more, you will never understand how hard it is for streamers in the ru of the community when a person is spinning himself online!

you're right I dont care also i have no idea what your saying as "when a person is spinning himself online" must have lost meaning during translation

Diim4iik    24
12 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

not everyone will have enough time :D hence you saying "you have enough time come on now" will not apply to everyone as everyone has different circumstances, instead you just to be ignorant

twitch rules suck anyways

you're right I dont care also i have no idea what your saying as "when a person is spinning himself online" must have lost meaning during translation

I stryrl DST year, and watch for this man very long, and when this man starts stream with his records and says watch me in support of money and this looks 500 + people you say nothing, and the fact when he comes to crab after a long time as crab appeared in the game and says " what, here need was gem to insert?"At 8000 hours, and when they removed the drops he stopped stripping and scored fulll on his followers because he doesn't care!I apologize for my English

DelroyBM    1272

I did not know AFK streaming for skin drops affected streamers and KLei this much, I will be using this week to find some streamers I can enjoy watching and hope they make it to the list. Thanks again clay.

DaZoul    2905
3 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Again, you can get points later on and just redeem the thing. That barely hits the 5 minute mark

• Like 2

Lomion    5
3 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Omg, dude, you are either not very smart, or ignorant yourself, or (which is more believable) a troll. There are other ways to get twitch drop, beyond twitch. Twitch drops are for content creators and Klei, not for players. Now take those two facts, because they invalidate your every statement, past and future. You're done. Unless you are just a mere troll, in that case wallow on.

Edited by Lomion
  • Sad Dupe 1

Dr.Medic    728

i soupose the short version of all this here is "money corupts peopel" so it seems here again in some short of way

• Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, Lomion said:

You're done.

lmfao, the people here never ******* cease to amaze me

I'm not saying you don't have ample opportunity to get the skins, I'm saying you aren't always available to get them or you might completely ******* forget like I did with the ******* crystalline furnace and I had to use points for it. You cant assume everyone has points either as not a lot of people actively use the forums, you neglect the edge cases and act like everyone can get and has every skin

Edited by TemporarySolutn
  • Like 1

Diim4iik    24
50 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

lmfao, the people here never ******* cease to amaze me

I'm not saying you don't have ample opportunity to get the skins, I'm saying you aren't always available to get them or you might completely ******* forget like I did with the ******* crystalline furnace and I had to use points for it. You cant assume everyone has points either as not a lot of people actively use the forums, you neglect the edge cases and act like everyone can get and has every skin

for points you can just ask the streamer to reset it for you, or there is the streamer's Discord server where all this is located, it's a matter of 5 minutes!

1 minute ago, Diim4iik said:

for points you can just ask the streamer to reset it for you, or there is the streamer's Discord server where all this is located, it's a matter of 5 minutes!

you have time to chat on the forum, so you have time to look through it all

1 minute ago, Diim4iik said:

what? streamers cant do that

• Thanks 1

Diim4iik    24
Just now, TemporarySolutn said:

какие? стримеры не могут этого сделать

you have time to chat on the forum, so you have time to look through it all

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Woloa    33

Not to alarm anyone, but, the reward points link doesn't seem to bne working, when I try to login through my steam it gives me this: image.thumb.png.a0bbf20c21cd73212c9b9d0ef1b894b2.png

• Like 1

Datanon    283
On 3/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, alphapaint said:

Is anyone else having trouble with steam not verifying for logins? I'm trying to get the points linked here but it wont let me : ( 

is this being looked at, if its a klei side issue? the deadline is in 4 days

• Like 1

KakashoLin    24
6 hours ago, 0oSunshine said:

Guys, try to login your Klei account through DST game interface: left bottom--Account.

712790071_ScreenShot2021-03-21at6_31_21PM.thumb.png.e1c5bc8307baa4c8a3bf1be3547dbd86.png

I just managed to claim the 1700 points.

407617602_ScreenShot2021-03-21at6_25_32PM.thumb.png.acc230acfc563affbddf6356528ac526.png

This worked for me. Thank you!

Woloa    33
13 hours ago, 0oSunshine said:

Guys, try to login your Klei account through DST game interface: left bottom--Account.

712790071_ScreenShot2021-03-21at6_31_21PM.thumb.png.e1c5bc8307baa4c8a3bf1be3547dbd86.png

I just managed to claim the 1700 points.

407617602_ScreenShot2021-03-21at6_25_32PM.thumb.png.acc230acfc563affbddf6356528ac526.png

Can you please explain how to actually claim the points using this method? I am very confused.

• Like 1

thepoynt    10
18 minutes ago, Woloa said:

Can you please explain how to actually claim the points using this method? I am very confused.

Clicking on that Account button will pop up a browser window that will show your Klei account page, already logged in through steam. That gets you past the bug trying to log in manually. So then once you're there, you can just copy and paste the rewards link (https://accounts.klei.com/link/almostthere) into the URL bar and you should be good!

• Thanks 2

Maxil20    1692
29 minutes ago, JoeW said:

To be clear, this whitelist is a google spreadsheet that has to manually be entered into their system by a website form. That means we manually add each individual streamer to participate, not through an API but through an editor they provide, one by one. There is nothing to script, they must be added by hand. They can be entered by pasting a comma delimited list, but I don't know the limitations that has, all the same - it's a copy and paste entry in a form, not an API or something that can be done programmatically. 

Ouch, that sucks for many reasons : (

This is a silly question, but would that mean theroretically there’s no cap to how many people could be whitelisted? I initially thought it would be extremely limited to around 40-50 people per drop cycle and would have to be swapped out, but it definitely sounds like it could go way higher (would be an absolute pain to add that many people at first, but afterwards would be relatively easy to manage).