Question About Closed Threads:

RoughCactus69

I'm afraid that is not how forum boards work.

When moderating action is taken, you don't just bypass it.

If they felt only a few posts were problematic, they would have dealt with those and not lock the entire thread.

what was the reason for the thread closing down?

was it just you saying some bad stuff?

or was it a problem with the thread in general 

as if it was gonna cause some toxicity?

(i really like how you end your comments with the words "sincerely cactus" it makes you unique and thats cool:wilson_smile:)

1 hour ago, viberr said:

It was all three of those things, actually. 

It was the insulation guide thread, when it first posted it was nothing more that just a couple numbers and and a bit of text but nothing more. Well-met comments on this and Cactus almost immediately, err. "Lashed out", for the lack of a better word. There's an ensuing argument but throughout the whole ordeal the guide was added upon making it more complete, also making it really confusing for someone who just walked into it. And making Well-met seem kinda petty, when this wasn't the truth at all. Sooner than later the thread was locked and that's pretty much what happened.

17 hours ago, viberr said:

(i really like how you end your comments with the words "sincerely cactus" it makes you unique and thats cool:wilson_smile:)

Well-Met in a rude way asked me to add more. I ignored that, and called him a really not so bad name. Although, I did call him a name, could have handled it better. I'm not going to apologize to him, because I don't like the way he stated his words. Although when someone else asked me to add more stating "Summer insulation is still insulation" I added a bunch more stuff. Stating in the thread later, that I added more. 

Overall, He should have used nicer words, I should have to. 

It happens. Maybe I had my britches in a bunch that morning. 

Overall, it wasn't the thread. It was what both of us said in the comments. I put alot of work into that guide, and was just curious if I could re-post it. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

3 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Well-Met in a rude way asked me to add more. I ignored that, and called him a really not so bad name. Although, I did call him a name, could have handled it better. I'm not going to apologize to him, because I don't like the way he stated his words. Although when someone else asked me to add more stating "Summer insulation is still insulation" I added a bunch more stuff. Stating in the thread later, that I added more. 

It's kinda hard to believe you ignored it when you replied 2 minutes after Well-met posted it, you acted sarcastic and called him an anus. And then told him to shut it.

And as far as I can tell you used Combustiblelemon as an excuse to make it seem like you are taking criticism, when in reality it seemed more like you forgot to add that part in. 

Adding onto that, if someone is acting rude does that mean you should act rude back? No, not always. 

You still contributed to your own guides closing either way, and you seemed to have tried to make it seem like it was entirely Well-mets fault when this ain't true. Even then Well-met wasn't being that rude, YOU were. You were the one who decided it would be a good idea to escalate it after just one post from him. 

Overall, your logic in defending yourself is quite flawed. 

21 minutes ago, viberr said:

nothing is perfect

im not trying to defend cactus 

im just saying whats true

Sorry, I didn't sleep well last night (Hail and lighting storms). And I know you're not trying to defend cactus, and nothing is perfect. But logic is one thing that should be as perfect as possible or your case is quite weak.

1 hour ago, ZeeDragon said:

It's kinda hard to believe you ignored it when you replied 2 minutes after Well-met posted it, you acted sarcastic and called him an anus. And then told him to shut it.

And as far as I can tell you used Combustiblelemon as an excuse to make it seem like you are taking criticism, when in reality it seemed more like you forgot to add that part in. 

Adding onto that, if someone is acting rude does that mean you should act rude back? No, not always. 

You still contributed to your own guides closing either way, and you seemed to have tried to make it seem like it was entirely Well-mets fault when this ain't true. Even then Well-met wasn't being that rude, YOU were. You were the one who decided it would be a good idea to escalate it after just one post from him. 

Overall, your logic in defending yourself is quite flawed. 

"It's kinda hard to believe you ignored it when you replied 2 minutes after Well-met posted it"
       \/
I was saying I was ignoring the part about adding more to the guide.

I was taking criticism. In the original post, I said, "If I missed anything, please let me know!" Combustible said it in a nice way. Well-met didn't. (Either did I)

I agree. I was acting rudely.

I didn't. As I stated. I added a comment in the thread saying I added more to the post. I wasn't trying to frame him, it just happened to happen.

Sincerely,

Cactus

5 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

But logic is one thing that should be as perfect as possible or your case is quite weak.

yeah i know i just still felt that i had to mention that nothing is perfect and that everyone's logic is flawed in one way or another

i wish iraq had hail 

the last hail we had was 2 years ago 

Archived