Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

meowswing

Tribute to Helicalpuma: Rest In Peace, Puma.

meowswing    222

To the DST Community:

I am sure Helicalpuma is not an unknown name in the DST community -- he was perhaps most well-known as an early pioneer of several very popular strats, and his Maxwell playthrough helped thousands of DST beginners and seasoned players to improve their gameplay. Unfortunately, recently we received very sad news from Helicalpuma's family, that Helicalpuma had passed away by natural cause (medical).

As a member of Helicalpuma's twitch, youtube, and discord community, we are still in shock (and denial). The news hits very hard, it is devastating and despairing. At the same time, we are very blessed to have him around in the community, for all the beautiful memories we shared.

For Helicalpuma's contribution to the game and the community in general, we believe the community deserves to know of the news. And we are thinking, what we can do for him, to honour his legacy and contribution.

We are wondering, would Klei developers be interested in doing a small tribute or homage to remember Helicalpuma? It can be an Easter Egg, or a character quote, or a pig or bunny name, it can be anything, as far as their creativity goes and it is legally sound. The idea is mentioned to us by Puma's cousins. Of course, this is only a suggestion and humble request.

Otherwise, feel free to share your memories and thoughts about Puma, or write a few words for him. It is really unfortunate, that since he was inactive on Twitch for quite some time, the vods got deleted and clips were the only ones left.

As of now, as part of Puma's Discord/community server/Twitch moderator-admin team, we are still trying to figure out what to do and how to proceed in midst of grieving.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best wishes,

Muffin Sandals, Meowswing, Anxious-Insomniac.

EDIT: p/s: some of his more recent shenanigans https://www.twitch.tv/helicalpumaaa/clips?filter=clips&range=all

Puma's youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/helicalpuma

Gods fiddler    479

i remember when Rick May died,tf2 community and developers make a tribute for him ,they put a statue of the soldier(rick May was the voice actor of the soldier) in all the maps , maybe klei can do something like that.

NeddoFreddo    1077

Terrible stuff, my heart goes out to his family and friends. 
A tribute would be an excellent idea- would be nice to see his legacy immortalised in dst. :(

Unorthodogg    64

It is horrible news and my thoughts go to his family, friends and community. I do think some kind of easter egg would be a nice idea and the ones you've raised, such as a character quote or pigman/bunnyman name seem like good ones.

Tiaguio    14

Thanks for sharing to the forums about that, i really liked him was a good friend to a lot of people too

AKee    12

He was one of my teachers to conquer the Constant. I will miss him (and I will think about him) every time I play Maxwell specially with Guest of Honor skin. I think that every one will remember him as a brilliant player, devoted to his fans community maker. I wish his familly find a peace between the pain after the loss of a loved one. That's all I wanted to say... I am very, very sad...

Nubidubi23    13

Even though i did not know him personally , i really enjoyed his youtube videos and learned alot from them. He seemed like a really great guy and will be missed. Rest in peace

asmodeus712    11

I wish I could have spent more time playing with him and get to know him better. It was with him and the people from the community server the first time I actually played with strangers and its been a great experience. It might sound silly but I've met lots of people thanks to him.

To anyone who wants to see a bit of him outside of video guides and playthroughs, the twitch clips retain some of the best moments we had with him.

AllFunNGamez    476

I am so sorry to hear about this. I did not know Puma very well however it seems like he was there for a lot of people in the DST community. 

I think if anything it is nice for his family to be able to know how much of an impact Puma made on so many people. 

Rest in peace. 

ADM    9321

Oh... :( I've never been into Youtube gaming channels so I did not get to know him but still I have friends who really enjoyed his content, that is a sad moment for all of us here. Wish the best to everyone in his family and friends.

lakhnish    2696

I wish the best to Helicalpuma's family, as this is going to be a very hard time for them.

His content really helped me when I was still new to the game and being able to interact with him several years down the line as a viewer on twitch and as a content creator, it was like a meeting-a-rockstar-moment for me. He'll be sorely missed, and again, I wish the best for his family through these hard times.

Puma was probably my single most often-cited member of the community; infinitely patient, considerate, friendly and happy to explain mechanics in detail. Thank you for passing the information Muffin. We were lucky to have him.

Chesmu    218

I don't know who you are talking about, probably because I'm a rather new member of DST universe.

Nonetheless rest in peace and I hope the family is doing alright.

W0l0l0    849

That is saddening. Not watched them in a while so this is a shock to me. May we ask what happened to them? I'd like to stress that they don't have to tell us.

Szczuku    17340

Man... his Maxwell playthrough taught me most of the stuff I know today about dst.

Such a nice dst channel..

RIP

Ornge    386

I dont know what to say, he is probably the reason I play this game at all. I really hope klei adds a reference to him somehow, however small

Owlrus    4929

This...is terrible news to hear; he was such an awesome content creator and single-handedly made me passionate about the DS series. I agree that a little nod to him would be awesome though.

I've been waiting for a continued Maxwell playthough.......but now it seems.....that will never happen. RIP Helicalpuma, you will be missed.