Sign in to follow this  
Fidooop

[API] Mods in Menu

Recommended Posts

ADM    9618

One little question, would it be possible to load the characters directly on the Item Collection TAB (the one on the image here) ? Some would maybe not like it if that makes it load 1 million character so I wonder if you could consider the idea with a toggle configuration for this, great API anyway, I'm already using it now :)

1.thumb.png.1246d98d000a86d6af296a1eb786ad13.png

(I haven't really looked how the placement of characters is managed on this screen, maybe it is automatically sorted if new characters are added ? If not, the idea is probably not really worth it but... just a little suggestion then.)

Edit : It also seems that we can't disable mods on the server mods list on servers if they are handled with MiM, is this intentional or necessary ?

Edited by ADM
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
59 minutes ago, ADM said:

One little question, would it be possible to load the characters directly on the Item Collection TAB (the one on the image here) ? Some would maybe not like it if that makes it load 1 million character so I wonder if you could consider the idea with a toggle configuration for this, great API anyway, I'm already using it now :)

1.thumb.png.1246d98d000a86d6af296a1eb786ad13.png

(I haven't really looked how the placement of characters is managed on this screen, maybe it is automatically sorted if new characters are added ? If not, the idea is probably not really worth it but... just a little suggestion then.)

Edit : It also seems that we can't disable mods on the server mods list on servers if they are handled with MiM, is this intentional or necessary ?

I intend to handle the first thing you mentioned at some point. Just still not sure how yet.

Secondly, I'll try to look into what's going on with the server screen and figure it out. It's supposed to be a separate UI and not be affected by MiM at all.

  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AFS Co.    51

DEAR GOD

 

I haven't made any character mods, buuut I think I should do it now all because of this mod

Edited by AFS Co.
too long, dunno how to make it spoiler.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
8 hours ago, ADM said:

It also seems that we can't disable mods on the server mods list on servers if they are handled with MiM, is this intentional or necessary ?

Just pushed an update fixing that problem! :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    90167
10 hours ago, AFS Co. said:

I haven't made any character mods, buuut I think I should do it now all because of this mod

I need to tackle my first mod before I even think about tackling the first guest of honor skin.:wilson_ecstatic:

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645

I added a new collection to help users find MiM-compatible mods!
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2417771424

 

If you'd like to do your best to help users find your mod through MiM there's 2 thing you can do.
1: Comment on the collection I made with a link to your mod, I'll add it
2: Put "Mods in Menu compatible" in your mods' description

Edited by Fidooop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stormish    44

Cool mod, love it. It's been 3 years but it's finally here!
I found a little problem or issue with the mod or at least when I make some of my character mods compatible with it, most of my character mods usually have a "powerup" form, something that Wolfgang and Wormwood have normally, I've put the forms in AddModCharacter as anyone normally would but the extra forms don't show up in the wardrobe at all, they somehow show up in-game though, so I'm not really sure if that's an issue with how I implemented them in the menu or just an issue with MiM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
10 hours ago, Stormish said:

Cool mod, love it. It's been 3 years but it's finally here!
I found a little problem or issue with the mod or at least when I make some of my character mods compatible with it, most of my character mods usually have a "powerup" form, something that Wolfgang and Wormwood have normally, I've put the forms in AddModCharacter as anyone normally would but the extra forms don't show up in the wardrobe at all, they somehow show up in-game though, so I'm not really sure if that's an issue with how I implemented them in the menu or just an issue with MiM.

I'll be looking into that shortly! Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stormish    44

Also another issue I encountered with MiM

I made a character mod compatible with this mod and all works perfectly except that only this character mod is having issues and appears two times in the lobby and says it's not enabled, despite the fact I have the character mod enabled on the server screen.

Spoiler

20210310163037_1.jpg20210310164049_1.jpg

 

Edited by Stormish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
31 minutes ago, Stormish said:

Also another issue I encountered with MiM

I made a character mod compatible with this mod and all works perfectly except that only this character mod is having issues and appears two times in the lobby and says it's not enabled, despite the fact I have the character mod enabled on the server screen.

  Hide contents

20210310163037_1.jpg20210310164049_1.jpg

 

What the heck?! That was working before I uploaded! Gaaahhh. Well, I'm working on a bare bones character atm and will be able to use it to hunt and fix these bugs. So maybe later today I can push an update? Not sure yet, we'll see how tricky these bugs end up being lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stormish    44

Oh yeah, I've noticed I can put item skins in the belongings tab.

Spoiler

20210309143631_1.thumb.jpg.bc69e06d91d90d91115195efa813360e.jpg

Is there a way I can put an image (or an icon) to show up what the item looks like in the belongings tab? Or is that not possible atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
9 minutes ago, Stormish said:

Is there a way I can put an image (or an icon) to show up what the item looks like in the belongings tab? Or is that not possible atm.

image.png.4c9a4f7c3a704aafe5f2001c6fa28b0f.png

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
On 3/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, Stormish said:

Cool mod, love it. It's been 3 years but it's finally here!
I found a little problem or issue with the mod or at least when I make some of my character mods compatible with it, most of my character mods usually have a "powerup" form, something that Wolfgang and Wormwood have normally, I've put the forms in AddModCharacter as anyone normally would but the extra forms don't show up in the wardrobe at all, they somehow show up in-game though, so I'm not really sure if that's an issue with how I implemented them in the menu or just an issue with MiM.

Bug fixed and mod updated!

 

For everyone else wondering about the second bug Stormish found, I've been communicating with them about it to try and sleuth out what's going on because every other mod is functioning as expected. Will update MiM again if it ends up being found that it's MiM's fault! :)

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    9618

Hey again, I think there might a problem/bug that could require some investigating. Or maybe would there be something I can do ?
I've been recently working on adding new worldgen settings with a mod and as it is getting compatibility with MiM, well I noticed the settings just vanish while MiM is enabled (and only if the other mod is added as compatible) :

Enabled :

: Disabled

0.thumb.png.8a9db75ed61afd9d750fa755f33642c9.png0.thumb.png.9ad20e8690bea38b86686983e069d62a.png



If that can be of any help, the settings are put in modservercreationmain, which is new to the current QoL update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
6 minutes ago, ADM said:

Hey again, I think there might a problem/bug that could require some investigating. Or maybe would there be something I can do ?
I've been recently working on adding new worldgen settings with a mod and as it is getting compatibility with MiM, well I noticed the settings just vanish while MiM is enabled (and only if the other mod is added as compatible)

I think I have an idea of how to fix this.. Could you contact me over Discord? It'll be easier for me to fix it if we can communicate back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645

Aaaand yet another bug... HOPEFULLY the last for a while. Just updated the mod to fix an issue causing MiM-enabled mods to not be able to access their mod configuration data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645

Hey, everyone! If the last game's update is causing your mods to crash through MiM, Cunning Fox already uploaded a temporary patch to fix the problem. And before you ask, yes, it works with MiM to become a client-mod and help out with any MiM mods crashing in the menu.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2423532119

As far as I am aware, Klei should be pushing a fix for this on Monday so this is only temporary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645

Oh by the way! New mod icon! Reason it changed to gold is because the upcoming Modded Skins API will use the blue color as it just fit better. ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrashLord    286

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but how would one go about creating a graphic for a mod's default head in the wardrobe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    11329
28 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but how would one go about creating a graphic for a mod's default head in the wardrobe?

It's the "SWAP_ICON" symbol in your characters build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2645
7 hours ago, TrashLord said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but how would one go about creating a graphic for a mod's default head in the wardrobe?

What Hornet said... I think I've got a texture file somewhere though let me check.

Yep! Found it! Not the best however... I put this together a *long* time ago and you can tell the little errors in it but it still does work.411639775_chunkofwood.png.40b361bc1e8bc1f495c7f554b6923698.png

 

...Also I like your profile pic... DINGODILE FTW!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this