Sign in to follow this  
SpocksEars

Space Biome Checklist?

SpocksEars    14

Can any of you recommend a checklist of sorts to be consulted as a good rule-of-thumb before tackling the space biome?

Something like

• 10 Tons of steel
  • 5 Tons of plastic
  • Generation of at least 5 KW
  • and so on

So what would everyone recommend?

• GL Happy 1

ghkbrew    386

You can be cautious and make sure you have everything you need before breaking into to the space biome, but you don't have to.

My checklist is:

• started steel production

After that, build ladders straight up to the top of space and start building bunker doors on the highest buildable tile.  Build bunker doors outwards from the central ladder with a ladder walkway underneath for access.  Do that until you've covered the map.  Then go about building regolith collection, solar panels, space scanners, rockets, etc.  how ever you like.  Add power and automation to the doors when you have the systems underneath them ready.

Edited by ghkbrew
  • Like 1

SpocksEars    14

Cool. Looks like as soon as I get my Francis John styled Industrial Brick started, I'm good.

Between this and the volcano, I now need about a month of vacation time!

• Haha 1

degr    50

My checklist is -

1 - need space materials

Bunker doors are useless. It's much more easy to play without them. Only problem is planets discoveries, but I handle it somehow. With all other constructions is - at first build some ladders, then go to space suits, demolish all ladders and do anything you want.

babba    1407
12 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

You can be cautious and make sure you have everything you need before breaking into to the space biome, but you don't have to.

My checklist is:

• started steel production

After that, build ladders straight up to the top of space and start building bunker doors on the highest buildable tile.  Build bunker doors outwards from the central ladder with a ladder walkway underneath for access.  Do that until you've covered the map.  Then go about building regolith collection, solar panels, space scanners, rockets, etc.  how ever you like.  Add power and automation to the doors when you have the systems underneath them ready.

image.thumb.png.89a557f2df6f45361b734c8d5a51fa46.png Yeah... Steel :encouragement: Steel = Happiness :frog:image.png.ca10e8a24828c99e4d769c7b2746f4a0.png

Steel is like listening to Judas Priest for the first time. If ONi were a racing game, then Steel would be the Turbo.

I heard it the first time on metal tape, it blew the screws out of my head !

image.thumb.png.6689a3332c073de3ee3a0700fdf86133.pngimage.thumb.png.4fbab1aeb8edb2bc88ba5e89fca30c47.pngimage.thumb.png.766f518c6849c2feed8555ef048d2f44.pngimage.png.b436e394e2b6a0ef48dffc225c154731.png

@SpocksEars Great name :beguiled:

Edited by babba