goatt

Petrified Tree Diseased Tree Seeds

goatt    328

You know how stone fruit has 1 % chance to drop sprouting stone fruit when mined? I think Petrified Trees should drop diseased seeds that can either be grown into a diseased tree to infect surrounding trees, or applied to a grown tree then spread the disease.

Or maybe napsack should be able to start the disease.

• Like 1

Gods fiddler    175

other idea that i have is that in the petrified forest have a chance to spawn a rare pretrified tree and when you mine it, you will receive a blueprint that let you make petrified tree seeds like marble beans.

Maybe it's a bad idea but I'll post it anyway

• Like 1

Chesmu    212

That means a buff to disease progression, it also multiplies itself very fast and become uncontrollable at some point.

I like the idea of diseased seeds, but they should just be diseased themselves and not spread it to anything else.

chirsg    549

I want the opposite. I use trees to decorate and it's a hassle that every planted tree is doomed for petrification.

You must not have played a world past day 500. Petrification happens very reliably, very frequently. Commit to a world and see that i'm right.

• Like 1

GelatinousCube    638
25 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I want the opposite. I use trees to decorate and it's a hassle that every planted tree is doomed for petrification.

You must not have played a world past day 500. Petrification happens very reliably, very frequently. Commit to a world and see that i'm right.

Yep.. I'm literally slowly but surely replacing most of my forests (except my bearger/treeguard forest) with birchnut and lunar tress instead of evergreens because I'm so sick of rampant petrification. I've made many attempts to clear it out in certain areas but it comes back with a vengeance way too fast. Looking forward to the update allowing us to toggle this in existing worlds,  I'm going to set it as low as possible maybe even off completely.

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Big Ups 1

minespatch    83512
14 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

birchnut and lunar tress

Lunar trees are basically like the plant versions of trees(plant a bug, get a plant). Meanwhile Birchtrees act similar to evergreens but avoid the petrification so I see what you mean. Not sure why my friends are so focused on evergreens when comes to farming? Though with evergreen petrification, you can get free rocks.and flint, so perhaps it's still reasonable to keep a evergreen farm.

goatt    328
On 3/2/2021 at 7:49 AM, Chesmu said:

That means a buff to disease progression, it also multiplies itself very fast and become uncontrollable at some point.

I like the idea of diseased seeds, but they should just be diseased themselves and not spread it to anything else.

I think tree disease only spreads at the moment of getting diseased. Planting trees around already diseased trees won't get you more petrified trees. So there should be a problem of getting too many of them. Because you just plant a block of 9 trees and are only capable of this block only.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:33 AM, chirsg said:

When there is a diseased seed, a antidote shall be created at the same time.