Chesmu    212

There should be flaws living on a boat full time! lol, they are boats.

I disagree with your suggestion for one major issue it has: That works as a Boat upgrade and makes it extremely OP.

Mike23Ua    9708

I would rather wait and see what Klei adds/changes about ocean content before I decide rather I want boat bases or not.

What we know for a fact: We’re supposedly getting 3 character reworks, 1 new character, 2 Quality of Life Updates, 1 new Summer Solstice Event & 3 count them.. THREE Content Updates.

assuming that plans don’t change: that is a lot of things for Klei to get us all excited about coming.

And I fully expect to see improvements/changes to the ocean in at least one of those updates.

New monsters, maybe rough waters, possibly even new boat types... 

What I’m NOT going to do is put my base out in the water of what is very obviously unfinished, incomplete beta content: and not expect more things to be added later.

• Like 3

DarkPulse91    1325

I would love to have these added.

Being able to plant on boats and being able to "tie" boats together would be amazing and help immensely with boat basing.

The reinforced boat shouldn't really be a boat upgrade, but rather a separate boat all together.

Although I did just post an idea on another thread here about rock jaws having a special drop (tldr: gives boat a temporary HP bar of 50 and you can't get holes in your boat from impacts unless the damage from the impact is more than the remaining THP)

goatt    328

i think turf boat is a bit too op, the deleted farm plot would probably work here. But generally, awesome ideas.

Vertice_    15
18 hours ago, Chesmu said:

There should be flaws living on a boat full time! lol, they are boats.

I agree, but with what I'm thinking there kind of already is flaws. You need 16 wood for only a little more than one tile of space, and each tile slows you down. Compare that to the amount of space you have on land and you can really see the difference.

Just now, goatt said:

i think turf boat is a bit too op, the deleted farm plot would probably work here. But generally, awesome ideas.

Fair. That's why I would want it to be rather expensive, and as I said above, you only really get a little more than one tile of usage out of each one.

gaymime    5112
20 minutes ago, goatt said:

the advanced farmplot was amazing on boats. it made fishing redundant despite only allowing one plant at a time which is probably why it would be bad to have a boat that is just turf x'''D

Hornete    7544
22 minutes ago, goatt said:

Why would that be OP?

goatt    328
6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Why would that be OP?

I'd like to pose restriction on boat planters spacing so that plants can't be planted as close to each other as on land. A farm plot for example provides 4 spots for grass/sapling/seeds or possibly flowers, or only 1 spot for trees, with some unusable spacing on the outside like other structures. It also gives a more unique look, rather than "boat turf is just like land". (and of course it need fertilizer from rotten fish or maybe other fertilzers on the planters themselves)

In summary, I just want it to look differently, and be more difficult.

Edited by goatt

Chesmu    212
53 minutes ago, Vertice_ said:

I agree, but with what I'm thinking there kind of already is flaws. You need 16 wood for only a little more than one tile of space, and each tile slows you down. Compare that to the amount of space you have on land and you can really see the difference.

Fair. That's why I would want it to be rather expensive, and as I said above, you only really get a little more than one tile of usage out of each one.

Makes sense, I feel like Woodie is secretly the one getting benefit from everything Sea related tho, no matter how expensive you make the Boats, Woodie has it, and he can pretty much travel from Water base to dry base by transformation, in no time.