Recommended Posts

Dr.Medic    255

you do know that spiraled tupers are way cheaper and are like almost the same sanity like only a 5 points difference or so and hunger is the same and if you realy need the healing then just firecook the potato for the same heal

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Guy    4116
37 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

image.thumb.png.07e47a3e748f4abe17cb88f16746a100.png

 

https://latex.codecogs.com/gif.latex?garlic%20%3D%20%5Cfrac%7Bwin%7D%7B4%7D%20-%20potato

 

After rewriting your equation we can see that one garlic equals a quarter of a victory minus a potato.

Garlic = 1/8 Win

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeeClops    1018
12 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Garlic = 1/8 Win

not necessarily, we do not know if potato and garlic have equal values, just that adding 4 of each will grant us a victory.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Majestix    520
1 hour ago, Captain_Rage said:

image.thumb.png.07e47a3e748f4abe17cb88f16746a100.png

 

https://latex.codecogs.com/gif.latex?garlic%20%3D%20%5Cfrac%7Bwin%7D%7B4%7D%20-%20potato

 

After rewriting your equation we can see that one garlic equals a quarter of a victory minus a potato.

Or, again equivalently, Win is the arithmetic mean between 8 Garlic and 8 Potato. Thus, 8 Garlic and 8 Potato sit at opposite ends and at equal distance from Win. If you walk from 8 Potato to Win, and then keep walking in the same direction for the same distance, you will encounter 8 Garlic. Fascinating!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theukon-dos    2983

Yeah. No. You may want to look back at those numbers.

 

The two potatoes restore 40 HP and 50 hunger (80 if you're Wolfgang). So the potatoes on their own restore twice as much HP and nearly twice as much hunger than the puree. So what about Sanity?

 

Well, 1 potato, 2 twigs, and 1 filler makes fancy spiraled tubers, which restore the same amount of hunger as the puree, but restores 15 sanity.

 

So you can cut the garlic out of the equation entirely for 3 less sanity and a much cheaper recipe.

 

Yeah, sorry mate. But Creamy Potato puree is quite possibly the worst recipe in the game.

 

Edit: Wait, you admit that you loose HP and hunger from this recipe. So yeah, just make the fancy spiraled tubers for that sanity.

Edited by Theukon-dos
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dankweeddave    44
43 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Yeah. No. You may want to look back at those numbers.

 

The two potatoes restore 40 HP and 50 hunger (80 if you're Wolfgang). So the potatoes on their own restore twice as much HP and nearly twice as much hunger than the puree. So what about Sanity?

 

Well, 1 potato, 2 twigs, and 1 filler makes fancy spiraled tubers, which restore the same amount of hunger as the puree, but restores 15 sanity.

 

So you can cut the garlic out of the equation entirely for 3 less sanity and a much cheaper recipe.

 

Yeah, sorry mate. But Creamy Potato puree is quite possibly the worst recipe in the game.

 

Edit: Wait, you admit that you loose HP and hunger from this recipe. So yeah, just make the fancy spiraled tubers for that sanity.

Damnit. I was not aware of the existence of spirally tubers before making this post

Still, i dont think its a bad recipe. You dont need THAT much hp during a fight. Hunger isnt an issue for good players. And you DO need sanity, whats good about the dish is it gives both hunger and sanity.

Ah who am i kidding, i got rekt in this thread. The idea is bad

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxil20    1506
1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

But Creamy Potato puree is quite possibly the worst recipe in the game.

*Unagi/Stuffed Eggplant would like to challenge that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    7880

Isnt that bad if you get too many garlics and potatoes (because with the new system you get an stupid amount) and you want all the stats in a single slot and bite

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Medic    255

well i soupose its ok if its warly and there is many garlic alredy for spices so that there is no real need for more spice but realy if you want 20 heal just firecook a potato for none warly and if its sanity then the spiraled tupers are just very easy to make you almost dont even use food to make food

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dankweeddave    44
1 hour ago, Dr.Medic said:

well i soupose its ok if its warly and there is many garlic alredy for spices so that there is no real need for more spice but realy if you want 20 heal just firecook a potato for none warly and if its sanity then the spiraled tupers are just very easy to make you almost dont even use food to make food

Yep! I acknowledge that i missed out on the spiraled tubers, making them and just eating cooked potatos is better, ignore garlic

 

2 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

*Unagi/Stuffed Eggplant would like to challenge that.

Alright i must be insane

Unagi is bad????

two sticks, eel and lichen(11 HP, 25 hunger, -5 sanity) Produces:
Unagi(20 Health, 18.75 hunger, 5 sanity)
Eel & Lichen are incredibly easy to come by in the ruins

How? You lose less than 7 hunger but gain 9 hp and 10 sanity

Stuffed eggplant however i agree is bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notecja    1861
35 minutes ago, dankweeddave said:

Unagi is bad????

two sticks, eel and lichen(11 HP, 25 hunger, -5 sanity) Produces:
Unagi(20 Health, 18.75 hunger, 5 sanity)
Eel & Lichen are incredibly easy to come by in the ruins

How? You lose less than 7 hunger but gain 9 hp and 10 sanity

Stuffed eggplant however i agree is bad

I usually prefer in ruins surf'n'turf. 37,5 hunger, 33 sanity and 60 health. (if I properly remember). Two eels and two monster meats. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkPulse91    1319
23 hours ago, dankweeddave said:

Creamy Potato Puree
20 Health, 37.5 Hunger, 33 Sanity
Requires: 2 potato, 1 garlic, 1 filler(no sticks or meats)
Cooks in 20 seconds
Spoils in 15 days

Definitely more of a sanity food than a healing/hunger food.. if you just cooked both potato's and ate them. That would be 50 hunger and 40 health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Guy    4116
7 hours ago, minespatch said:

um.thumb.png.2a9ee1102fc031af3497e60ec4c28cf1.png

Dr. Potatolove or how I learned to love farming potatoes

It doesn't end well then.

 

19 hours ago, BeeClops said:

not necessarily, we do not know if potato and garlic have equal values, just that adding 4 of each will grant us a victory.

 

You consider garlic and potatoes as unknowns, when instead I think they should be considered some sort of "unit of measure", as if they were Newton and Joule so to speak. Having said that, we know that, according to the author of the post, to obtain "Win" (abstract-metaphysical concept of enormous metaphorical power) we need both 4 garlic and 4 potatoes, an equal number of both, not one more, not one less.
So they have the exact same value, understood as the importance to get to "Win". Always be praised.

Edited by Pop Guy
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notecja    1861
1 hour ago, Pop Guy said:

So they have the exact same value, understood as the importance to get to "Win". Always be praised.

Not true.

1 potato could be value 2; 1 garlic could be value -1 and win still can have value 4. 

as potato could have value 1, garlic 1 and win 4. 

or even potato can be 4, garlic 0, and win 16. 

  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Guy    4116
12 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Not true.

1 potato could be value 2; 1 garlic could be value -1 and win still can have value 4. 

as potato could have value 1, garlic 1 and win 4. 

or even potato can be 4, garlic 0, and win 16. 

You are considering Garlic and Potato as unknowns. I repeat, they are not hidden values, they are sort of "units of measure"; then we have 4 "garlic" and 4 "potatoes" and all 8 are needed to make "Win"; no other values are possible with a correct interpretation of the equation.

4x + 4y = z is wrong interpretation

4 Garlic + 4 Potato = 1 Win is true interpretation, whatever that means. 

Edited by Pop Guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dankweeddave    44
51 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

You are considering Garlic and Potato as unknowns. I repeat, they are not hidden values, they are sort of "units of measure"; then we have 4 "garlic" and 4 "potatoes" and all 8 are needed to make "Win"; no other values are possible with a correct interpretation of the equation.

4x + 4y = z is wrong interpretation

4 Garlic + 4 Potato = 1 Win is true interpretation, whatever that means. 

What on earth is going on xD

  • Ninja 1
  • Shopcat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Majestix    520
5 minutes ago, dankweeddave said:

What on earth is going on xD

Oh, you must be new here. This thread is just following the path of almost all the other threads on this forum: off the rails.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dankweeddave    44
Just now, Majestix said:

Oh, you must be new here. This thread is just following the path of almost all the other threads on this forum: off the rails.

i like it!

  • Health 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    83356
2 minutes ago, Majestix said:

Oh, you must be new here. This thread is just following the path of almost all the other threads on this forum: off the rails.

um.png.d981fb6ccd93a9b47b738271f57b3905.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now