Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - No Earthly Resin Update - Available Now! 452242

pether    921
13 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hm, what's that glowing green stuff…?

Probably nothing. Completly normal phenomenom.

Great update, thanks a lot guys!!

• Haha 2

zach123b    146

using debug/sandbox mode, the tree appears to produce depending on how much kcal you give it.  one frost burger 6000kcal put 3kg of resin in the tree so i assume 50% of kcal consumed becomes resin.  it eats pretty fast

so far i have only found to get isoresin from resin is to boil it.  at 127c it becomes 75% steam and 25% isoresin, isoresin melts to naphtha at 200c so can't just through it at the tungsten volcanoes.  we need 15kg isoresin for insulation and 35kg for 100kg or one tile of visco gel

so... for 1 liquid lock, 2 tiles of visco gel, we need 35kg* 4 = 140kg resin, 140kg resin = 280,000 kcal of food... for every insulated insulation pipe section we will need 15kg * 4 = 60kg isoresin * 4 = 240kg resin = 480,000kcal of food

we're gonna need to set up some huge food factories to satisfy this hungry tree.  it eats the food darn pretty fast but holy cow does it seem insatiable.  with frost burgers, it ate about 2.1million kcal over 1 cycle for 1,000kg and still 'oozing', it ended at 1050kg of resin split evenly between both sides.  this resin would make about 262.5kg iso resin, enough for 1 insulated pipe or 3.75 tiles of visco gel

this tree would be great if it just ate less food.  i think everyone would be happy with the resin output but the food input is so high right now... 

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

hot focaccia    84

is this a good time to start a new colony or are the planetiods and stuff going to be added to existing colonies?

also looks great but since the update i couldn`t load or start any new/pre-existing colonies?

Edited by hot focaccia
  • Big Ups 2

Brian.oni    44

Playing a bit with it, yeah -- seems like 50% of kcal becomes resin within the tree, then to add what you found, it looks like once it's collected 50kg of resin within itself it enters an "Ooze" state, and the resin will drain out.   I think it looked like it had to drain before it could eat again?

Overall, I'd probably just try to turn the whole asteroid into a giant farm with wild plants.   Let sweepers collect everything and drop it off at the tree.

• Like 1

pether    921
10 minutes ago, hot focaccia said:

is this a good time to start a new colony or are the planetiods and stuff going to be added to existing colonies?

you must start new game, old saves will not be affected (I guess)

Sergadra    15

I like the idea that the High End Base Game Items are comming back in another way. It's still a little bit out i think.

I wonder will Graphite be regeneratable again via Geyser or Molecular Forge from Refined Coal.
Also some Vulcanos and Geyers / Vents are still missing.

I also think Performance can be again an issue. Right now i just can keep it up when i keep the grounds clear. Stored entities are less consuming then free ones. At least it feels like it since they are compacted and with high Masses thus less math operations.

Also still wondering if Random Geysers are comming back and the Worldtraits too. I hope you guys have a plan for both ^^.

I for myself wish for more options for the Molecular Forge and the Crafting bench as well as options to get Ores as a renewable. And a base game solution for refined metals in normal Machines like the Gas Pump or Water Pump.
Cool would be also a new High End Material to jump way over the Overheat Temperature of Thermium to create Magma.

Edited by Sergadra
Too soon comited. Formating
  • Like 1

Lbphero    3374
1 minute ago, Sergadra said:

Random Geysers are comming back

aren't there a few already? Just in much smaller number since theres less space for them to be spread out in. I recall a pwater geyser on my radiation asteroid when there hadn't been one last run.

Also - please....gassy moo reproduction in some way, i'm crossing my fingers!

ghkbrew    586
1 hour ago, zach123b said:

so far i have only found to get isoresin from resin is to boil it.  at 127c it becomes 75% steam and 25%

Ooh a use for the bug I found:

You should be able to get ~70% conversion to isoresin.

Edit: aww, nevermind.  It's apparently been patched already.

Edited by ghkbrew
math is hard

Sergadra    15
3 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

aren't there a few already? Just in much smaller number since theres less space for them to be spread out in. I recall a pwater geyser on my radiation asteroid when there hadn't been one last run.

Also - please....gassy moo reproduction in some way, i'm crossing my fingers!

As of yet it looks like it is hardcoded what spawns on what. The Geyser Locations on the Asteroids only change with switching between map Types. At least i could not find diffrences yet. But i wouldn't be suprised if someone proves me wrong did not test well enough.

(Please also Qoute a bit more of the Text this looks now a little misleading ^^ )

• Like 1

KonfigSys    198

Since this update contains worldgen changes, you'll have to start a new game

otherwise you do not see the changes - I have loaded old saves and did not see the (all) changes, of course.

One new receipt in the molecular forge:

fulleren - graphite, sulphur and Aluminum

I do not know where to get graphite - please share who knows

Isoresin by heating up resin. Resin from the tree. It will be good to have processing at the forge but not.

3 hours ago, pether said:

Probably nothing. Completly normal phenomenom.

Great update, thanks a lot guys!!

This green glowing stuff is radioactive matter on the pip planet - so Klei is turning their head towards radioactive things.

I would like to get meteors - regolith, ore falling from the sky

Fulleren is finally made back to the game - hurray for supercoolant though we have yet to find how to make graphite 

And yes, thermium receipt is still in the molecular forge option.

Edited by KonfigSys
thermium receipt
  • Sad Dupe 1

fleranon    27

Yay! Cant wait to explore the new Stuff :) I'm rapidly approaching 2000 hours with ONI, but I can savely say that I never had more fun with the game than right now. Space Exploration is a genius addition to the base game. infinitely expandable, infinite fun!

Judging from a pre-existing save, the "change Spacefarer Nosecone to something else - get 2400 kg Steel for free" bug is still in the game - which seems strange to me, since it is relatively easy to fix and also kiiiinda gamebreaking in the sense that you can just skip steel production alltogether with a couple of klicks. You can resist the temptation of course, but it is bound to happen by accident at some point anyway. Just wanted to throw that out there. Or is it fixed with new games?

Edited by fleranon

Xheepey87    84
30 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

I do not know where to get graphite - please share who knows

It's under the new water moonlet.

• Like 1

KonfigSys    198
1 minute ago, Xheepey87 said:

It's under the new water moonlet.

is it renewable? I would think that you can get graphite from coal by applying temperature/pressure.