Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

codyfun123

[Mod] Unique Class Negotiation WIP

codyfun123    13

Download on the Steam Workshop

I'm starting a mod that makes it so that all faction classes have their own negotiation behaviors, like Feudalites and Pearlies. As of initial release, Admiralty Guards have a variation of Abuse of power that gives them composure instead of damaging you, whereas Patrol Leaders have a different variation that attacks all your arguments for less damage.

This is an open call for suggestions of mechanics, argument names, and possibly art descriptions.

Spoiler

uniquenegotiation_screenshot1.thumb.png.9d6b8c43f4dd735798b3e72d5da32ad8.png

RageLeague    1491

If you want to make unique negotiations for character classes, keep in mind that character renown exists, and is supposed to represent how difficult it is to negotiate against the character. Note that you don't have to remake core arguments. They are unique as long as their behaviour allows them to create different arguments, like how admiralty clerk can create paper pusher in place of interrogate.

codyfun123    13
52 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Note that you don't have to remake core arguments.

True in principle, but since the civilians and Pearl actors I gave as examples all have unique core arguments anyways, I figure I might as well play with them myself.

Thanks for the reminder about the renown thing, I'll have to look more deeply into that.