Dragonboooorn

Dear Klei, please stop killing loyal-skins exclusivity

x0-VERSUS-1y    6874

Oh well, it happened. As you can see from the replies above, OP, you probably should get use to the fact nothing is special, all's for grabs and that's that. C'est la vie. Try some demo from Steam's current event, since DST is now in menus-crashing mode, and chillax.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*drinking beer on empty stomach*

Mike23Ua    9638

Now see if these skins were paid for (like some of the 20$ Limited time ones in Apex Legends) you might would have a legit complaint, but these skins were free just for logging in- and I think free skins should be for everyone.

it’s the ones I PAY to be exclusive that makes me angry when they’re no longer exclusive..

Its part of the reason I don’t ask for the Funko Pop Skins often- I know I’ll never get them and will probably have to buy the PoP dolls to get them someday.

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    9638

So uhm- the skins for the boat mast: even though I already have them, can they be made available on National Pirate Day? :p

• Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1

KoreanWaffles    3508

Wouldn't it be cool if Klei hosted an event where players got to duke it out with each other in cut-throat competition to earn exclusive skins. Players could compete in teams of three to promote cooperation. This would really let players show off their dedication to the game and there could even be exclusive one-time rewards for the top performing teams, as well as a participation award for all players so no one is left out.

Just throwing ideas around here, this could be a week long tournament sort of thing, and we could even have a leaderboard showcasing each day's top performers.

Or Klei could give players free log-in rewards and make them available to future players through the Klei Rewards program so that all players can enjoy cool skins and not feel left out. That sounds good too.

• Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

Fuffles    4216

I mean, the only Loyal Skin that should truly remain gone is the Bottomless Firepit, all the other ones were just event tied, which should be fine since it sucks for the people that didnt get it v( '-')v

Edited by Fuffles
  • Like 4

x0-VERSUS-1y    6874
3 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Wouldn't it be cool if Klei hosted an event where players got to duke it out with each other in cut-throat competition to earn exclusive skins. Players could compete in teams of three to promote cooperation. This would really let players show off their dedication to the game and there could even be exclusive one-time rewards for the top performing teams, as well as a participation award for all players so no one is left out.

Just throwing ideas around here, this could be a week long tournament sort of thing, and we could even have a leaderboard showcasing each day's top performers.

Or Klei could give players free log-in rewards and make them available to future players through the Klei Rewards program so that all players can enjoy cool skins and not feel left out. That sounds good too.

Yes, it will be a sneaky-mods (client-side and otherwise) developing contest like Forge was. Plus exploits. Know code, dig code, make mod exploiting code, profit. Fabuloucious!

3 hours ago, Fuffles said:

I mean, the only Loyal Skin that should truly remain gone is the Bottomless Firepit, all the other ones were just event tied, which should be fine since it sucks for the people that didnt get it v( '-')v

Neah, that too should be rewarded at some point. "Participation prizes for everyone! Oh, you haven't participated? No biggie lil lad, here's the prize for you too for.. being awesome!"

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
Paroles, mon ami!

W0l0l0    269
1 hour ago, JoeW said:

I think this is pretty fair. We do have some skins that will likely remain only available through those means because it serves a specific purpose (proof of purchase), but I think it's generally better that people have access to most everything at some point.

Can I ask: is it likely that bottomless pit will become available to everyone?

Fuffles    4216
38 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Neah, that too should be rewarded at some point. "Participation prizes for everyone! Oh, you haven't participated? No biggie lil lad, here's the prize for you too for.. being awesome!"

Uhm no, that Firepit skin was assigned to Beta Testers as a thanks, it wasnt available to everyone. To me this is equivalent of giving people an option to get the Monument Firepit Skin for free when its supposed to be a reward for having RoG

Edited by Fuffles
  • Like 2

Mike23Ua    9638

Wasn’t bottomless pit exclusive to playing the game during its beta phase? So therefore people playing on Playstation, Xbox (and most likely also soon Nintendo) did not have a beta phase they could join:

So conclusion: This either comes for everyone or it ends up being exclusive to PC Only, forever.

Edited by Mike23Ua