JoeW

Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2021

Scrimbles    4044
52 minutes ago, Cirozacc said:

sorry I'm Italian and I often use the translator you can tell me what your answer means thanks in advance

Just laughing.

• Haha 1

Slagger    1968
On 2/4/2021 at 9:01 PM, 1bubbainpa said:

Hoping robot and spider

It should be like this 

1-WX, 2-Webber, 3-Wolfgang

None of those are my main but I believe those guys needs attention most!

Also I love Waggstaff, even if we don't get him I would want to see an old male character in game. I don't like to play with kid and monster characters that much.

And what is griefer spawn protection? Is it about spawnkill?

Mike23Ua    9627
6 hours ago, Slagger said:

It should be like this 

1-WX, 2-Webber, 3-Wolfgang

None of those are my main but I believe those guys needs attention most!

Also I love Waggstaff, even if we don't get him I would want to see an old male character in game. I don't like to play with kid and monster characters that much.

And what is griefer spawn protection? Is it about spawnkill?

I get the feeling that Wilson and Maxwell will be the last to be refreshed- they are the hero and antagonist of the first DS game... they should (and rightfully I might add..) have the most lore.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, JoeW said:

And that’s it!
Another roadmap down. I do have one last thing to share though. This is a work in progress image of something we have coming in a future update likely to hit beta in April.

silhouette_5guys.png

the 3 structures in lunar island,together,spawn a seed, this thing will maybe have something with her >:)

Mike23Ua    9627
1 minute ago, McNugget said:

Disappointed to see that crossplay didn't make it onto the roadmap :/

maybe next year...

There still needs to be a Nintendo version before there can be the cross-play :friendly_wink:

Mike23Ua    9627
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Can Nintendo consoles run the game? xD

Probably? They did get DS Solo & Hamlet recently so it’s only a matter of time..

• Like 1

ByOwlPost    0

Long time player, first time caller. I have an item suggestion.

A backpack that also doubles as armor. The downside, it slowly breaks down from attack damage and dumps all your loot if it wears out. This can be balanced with the repair kit. 

“The Pinecone Pack: Defends from attack, falls apart with a hard smack.”

Maybe it takes one regular backpack and 12 pinecones to craft? The backpack texture would have the scaled look of the game’s pinecones. 

Thanks for your time!

-ByOwlPost

licet_insanire    174
4 minutes ago, ByOwlPost said:

Long time player, first time caller. I have an item suggestion.

A backpack that also doubles as armor. The downside, it slowly breaks down from attack damage and dumps all your loot if it wears out. This can be balanced with the repair kit. 

“The Pinecone Pack: Defends from attack, falls apart with a hard smack.”

Maybe it takes one regular backpack and 12 pinecones to craft? The backpack texture would have the scaled look of the game’s pinecones. 

Thanks for your time!

-ByOwlPost

I'm not sure this is an appropriate thread for this, anyway I can't help but think this backpack seems quite cheap, unless you are ok with it giving the same amount of protection as a grass suit. 
Klei added a backpack that doubled as armor in Hamlet. It's called Vortex Cloak, and it's crafted with a the loot of a boss that is hard to defeat, but grants 100% protection with stunlock immunity at the cost of sanity deducted from every hit taken (although I think the sanity loss can be mitigated by wearing head armour along with the backpack, since it depends on how much damage the cloak has absorbed). When it reaches 0%, it stops working as an armour, but it retains its backpack function, and can be recharged with nightmare fuel. I don't think it would be in Klei's style to add such a cheap backpack+armour item.

AlternateMew    739
On 2/17/2021 at 7:44 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Can Nintendo consoles run the game? xD

Witcher 3 is ported onto Switch. I think it can handle Don't Starve and all its iterations.

Just a hunch tho. Idk maybe I'm wrong and there's a different reason my good ol' laptop can run DST but not Witcher 3 on potato mode.

• Like 1

Szczuku    15608
On 2/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, JoeW said:

One new summer event (Summer Solstice, like Winter’s Feast)

It better also be like winter's feast when it comes to developement.

The last thing I'd want would be another event that the devs consider 'this month's content update' like year of the x

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

xDarkSoul18x    72
On 2/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, AlternateMew said:

Witcher 3 is ported onto Switch. I think it can handle Don't Starve and all its iterations.

Just a hunch tho. Idk maybe I'm wrong and there's a different reason my good ol' laptop can run DST but not Witcher 3 on potato mode.

Yeah my sisters 2008 dell desktop with only 4GB of slow ram(think it’s like 500) 1GB gt610 and a dual core amd cpu(2.4) can run the game EASY. I’d hope a switch could run it lol. Sorry for the necro just throwing it out there.

I really hope one of the QoL updates includes number values for console! Or maybe something similar to the garden hat that lets us discover actual information(like cook book recipes does). I also really hope the sea gets some love. More options are better!

love the game and hope you guys keep up the good work! :x

• Like 1

RoughCactus69    328
18 hours ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

Yeah my sisters 2008 dell desktop with only 4GB of slow ram(think it’s like 500) 1GB gt610 and a dual core amd cpu(2.4) can run the game EASY. I’d hope a switch could run it lol. Sorry for the necro just throwing it out there.

I really hope one of the QoL updates includes number values for console! Or maybe something similar to the garden hat that lets us discover actual information(like cook book recipes does). I also really hope the sea gets some love. More options are better!

love the game and hope you guys keep up the good work! :x

As long as twiggy trees, and caves are turned off, this game can run butter smooth.

(GOSH DARN TWIGGY TREES!)

Sincerely,

Cactus

• Sad Dupe 1

Mike23Ua    9627

So uhh did anyone else notice the trend Klei set for themselves? 

Last Year we got Walter (New Character) Three Character Reworks, Three Return of Them Updates, 1 Seasonal Update, and 2 QoL updates.

And here we are again in a new year and we are to expect 1 New Character, 3 Character Refreshes, 3 Game Updates (it’s unknown at this time if they will all be Return of Them or Not..) 1 Seasonal Update, & 2 QoL updates.

If Klei sticks to this plan: I Expect that 2022 Roadmap will follow the same pattern (which is Awesome!) 

Or maybe I’m just reading too deep into things and it’s purely coincidental that last years released updates, and this years expected updates almost line up identically.

*Shrugs* Either way I’m really excited for everything that’s headed our way this Year!

• Like 1