Andreius333    0

I play the ps4 version of dst, i have a fire nettle that i want to pick, but when i do my heat just start to rise for no reason and i just die of overheating and it makes no sense since i'm in middle autumn, the only way to get rid of the plant is to create a fire near it and make it burn

DarkPulse91    1325

Fire nettles sting you when you pick them or walk past them, making you heat up.
Kinda what you would expect from something called 'Fire' 'Nettles'

Edited by DarkPulse91

BoySyrup    1292

Intended design, I think the shovel prevents this somewhat.

Edited by BoySyrup
Not being a bad boy

Andreius333    0

I read the wiki and i didn't read of this mechanic, I only read it heat you up when you eat it and it's impossible to not get hit by it when you try to dig it up so the only way I could get rid of it was to burn it since otherwise I would have died so it's kind of overpowered 

Edited by Andreius333

BeeClops    1021

try digging it up when you have some health to tank overheating, or do it in winter, or carry a cold thermal stone. It won't kill you if you're not low on hp anyway.

Edited by BeeClops

Andreius333    0
3 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

try digging it up when you have some health to tank overheating, or do it in winter, or carry a cold thermal stone. It won't kill you if you're not low on hp anyway.

I was with more than half of health, to me is seems to overpowered compared to other plants 

ArubaroBeefalo    8066
4 minutes ago, Andreius333 said:

I was with more than half of health, to me is seems to overpowered compared to other plants 

Cooll yourself if you touch them with a thermal stone, eating ice, whatever

You can dig them up before touching them but is a little tricky

Isnt overpowered at all since farms are usually near base so is a safe place with many things to counter the overheating

Andreius333    0
7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Cooll yourself if you touch them with a thermal stone, eating ice, whatever

You can dig them up before touching them but is a little tricky

Isnt overpowered at all since farms are usually near base so is a safe place with many things to counter the overheating

I mean overpowered compared to other plants and the fact that you can have it even in the first autumn, anyway idk if it's possible on the pc version but i think that on ps4 it's not possible to dig it up without touching it or at least i think

ArubaroBeefalo    8066
3 minutes ago, Andreius333 said:

I mean overpowered compared to other plants and the fact that you can have it even in the first autumn, anyway idk if it's possible on the pc version but i think that on ps4 it's not possible to dig it up without touching it or at least i think

You mean more powerful than other weeds. Overpowered means that needs be fixed because being too powerful 

Idk because i dont play with controller but in pc sometimes you get to close before digging so you get the damage  but is player faults i guess in console works in the same way

Just craft a thermal stone and put it in the fridge in case you touch them. Is something you can do in the 1st autumn 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Andreius333    0
4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You mean more powerful than other weeds. Overpowered means that needs be fixed because being too powerful 

Idk because i dont play with controller but in pc sometimes you get to close before digging so you get the damage  but is player faults i guess in console works in the same way

Just craft a thermal stone and put it in the fridge in case you touch them. Is something you can do in the 1st autumn 

Yeah i mean it's to powerfull but that's just my opinion

kiwikenobi    1183

Once you've researched the fire nettles with the gardeneer hat, you'll be able to recognize the sprouts, and I'm pretty sure you can dig those up safely before they grow big enough to sting you.

• Like 2

Baguettes    310

A simple and temporary solution to the nettles' sting effect would be to stand under trees. Well yes, it doesn't slow the overheating down (during Mid-Autumn to Mid-Spring), but it will not let your temperature go over ~63 or a little bit above. (70 is the point where you start to take damage)

Get stung during Late Spring and Summer however, and you'll suffer unless you use a cold thermal stone OR slow the overheating down using clothes with heat insulation. This sounds illogical, but Eyebrella, Umbrella, Floral shirt and etc. can slow it down during the specified time of the year.

Queron81    552
On 2/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, Andreius333 said:

I read the wiki and i didn't read of this mechanic, I only read it heat you up when you eat it and it's impossible to not get hit by it when you try to dig it up so the only way I could get rid of it was to burn it since otherwise I would have died so it's kind of overpowered 

You have read the Fire Nettle Fronds article in the wiki, informations about the Fire Nettles are in the Weeds article.

• Sanity 1