You will live to regret this.

Wendy C.

4 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

SNIP

Ok. I get where you are coming from, I honestly do. Problem is, you are fighting a losing battle. Everything online, and I mean EVERYTHING steals your data. The search engine you are browsing this forum on is stealing your info. There's no way to stop it, greedy cooperation will exist. So constantly complaining about this one? Petty and pointless. Go complain at Google, Video Game Companies, Social Media if you are fighting this battle. This is Klei's best choice, and I trust them. I say just give it time instead of jumping to conclusions. Or better, just boycott them.

Sincerely, 

Cactus

Edit: Oh my lord, and TikTok. TikTok is the worst about that. As soon as Trump tried to ban TikTok, everyone went up in arms and wanted to save it. Seriously though, data stealing has just become a norm. We are going to have to live with it.

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I thought I was going to click this thread and DST would open on my computer, but whenever I clicked through to the title screen I would see WX-78 dead and Wolfgang's giant potato replaced by a realistic kidney, and then I would look down and see that my kidney had been surgically removed and I was bleeding out

Spoiler

567231620_whydidImakethis.thumb.png.1a71ad9854471176de33ecc498297386.png

Why did I spend time making this. Anyways, @Sunset Skye.

1 minute ago, CookieNinja81 said:

Maybe go outside? Lol. If your life is so trivial that a video game brings you to your knees like this, you might want to unplug the computer and go do something else. Haha. Thank you for the laugh. 

This is the part some people don’t get, video games (& movies) Are some people’s lives- for many of us it’s all we have: And for you to tell people to give that up is just wrong..

Personal Info in spoiler: 

Spoiler

When I was really little around 3 or 4.. my dad was working 2 or 3 jobs, I hardly saw him and then one night while trying to get my mother a dog she been wanting he gets ran over by an 18-Wheeler diesel, luckily it didn’t kill my dad.. but it did put him into a state of disability, Growing up my dad wasn’t physically able to get outside and play baseball or frisbee with me.

We as a family United into video games, and we cherished each new purchase (even the single player ones) as a new family experience we could play or watch others play: Video Games are nothing to just brush off:

Where my dad used to buy comics as a teenager and read about his favorite super heroes: He got to watch ME live and breath being BATMAN it took something he only got to experience in the form of little dolls and the power of his imagination & it put every inch of Gotham right there to explore.

The TL:DR- Telling people dude it’s just a game is a rather piss poor & thoughtless way of thinking, for some people those games are a way of escaping into wonderful worlds from a less than wonderful life.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is the part some people don’t get, video games (& movies) Are some people’s lives- for many of us it’s all we have: And for you to tell people to give that up is just wrong..

Personal Info in spoiler: 

Hide contents

When I was really little around 3 or 4.. my dad was working 2 or 3 jobs, I hardly saw him and then one night while trying to get my mother a dog she been wanting he gets ran over by an 18-Wheeler diesel, luckily it didn’t kill my dad.. but it did put him into a state of disability, Growing up my dad wasn’t physically able to get outside and play baseball or frisbee with me.

We as a family United into video games, and we cherished each new purchase (even the single player ones) as a new family experience we could play or watch others play: Video Games are nothing to just brush off:

Where my dad used to buy comics as a teenager and read about his favorite super heroes: He got to watch ME live and breath being BATMAN it took something he only got to experience in the form of little dolls and the power of his imagination & it put every inch of Gotham right there to explore.

The TL:DR- Telling people dude it’s just a game is a rather piss poor & thoughtless way of thinking, for some people those games are a way of escaping into wonderful worlds from a less than wonderful life.

I'm not saying that games aren't an escape, i use DST as a way to relax from working in a hospital and being in the military. 

But i'm not going to get upset to the point from a game simply because they choose to go a different route then YOU want. That's the point where you should take a step back and be like, this isn't a game that was made just for ME, it was made be a company to make sales.

From the original studio announcement post, they said they don't want their workers to worry about finances, especially right now during COVID with lots of gaming companies pushing games release dates back, i'm sure Klei being the small company they are is feeling the squeeze. That was the main take away i took from their announcement, they don't want their employees worrying about putting food on the table. Securing this partnership with Tencent helps them continue to work and provide for their families, and for us, the gamers. 

But the original poster compared this partnership as a sin on Klei's part is just silly and childish in itself. It's laughable really. 

Plus, no one knows what's going to happen next, the 2021 roadmap hasn't been rolled out. So making posts like this is the equivalent of throwing a tantrum in a online forum. It screams, ''I didn't get my way, let me whine about it.''

(Also, it's comical since Klei has been working with Tencent for a couple years now, but no one batted an eye then.) 

Totally! Thank You! I just think people are freaking out NOW because Tencent owns majority shares in Klei, and they’re afraid that Tencent will play “big boss” now.

it’s a legit concern to have- but personally we don’t know how deep that partnership extends.. For any of us knows: Klei staff could actually have real friends and family in Tencent- And if you want my personal opinion I’m not 100% sure Tencent hasn’t had at least SOME (private) dealings with them since Klei’s inception.

I get it the forum community feels largely betrayed, and the ones who don’t feel betrayed most certainly feel uncertain & worried, but sooner or later this all has to simmer down.

Dont get me wrong it’s a big announcement: but I really just think everyone is blowing it way out of proportions.. 

Literally all that remains: All that CAN be done is for Klei to show us through actions and game updates how & why this was a good deal.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay see you in three months then :) 

(also- the world is full of evil people, evil creations and evil things... it all depends on what people DO that determines if it’s moral or not)

I did not support BLM because of how they rioted on streets (not peaceful protests but full on riots of burning buildings & being horrible people) yet Klei opted to support BLM: Not because they condoned the violent lashing out they were partaking in: But because they wanted to help people & families affected in need.. 

Guns are manufactured on a daily basis and put to good use, they’re used in hunting for food, for protection from those wishing to do you harm, yet put the guns in the hand of the wrong people and it’s a weapon of war, destruction & evil.

Dont try to tell me that what Klei is doing is ANYMORE Evil than a preacher who goes to a church praises the voice of the lord, and then later people find out that preacher was kidnapping and torching people (a true story by the way) 

My point: If the house of GOD can’t have evil contained.. then I don’t think Klei has any control over what Tencent does with their shares either.

And if you want to get technical- Tencent paid KLEI... and now Klei has to show results that prove that investment worth while.

WE (the players) aren’t helping fund TENCENT- Were helping fund Klei..

If that somehow manages to make people feel more comfortable then I’ve done my job.

But dude seriously.. give it time.

I know this is off topic but I will say I don't think all the rioters were horrible people just people who couldn't take being persecuted and killed just due to the color of their skin after years of peaceful protests being ignored. Not saying they were all justified but just assuming all the people just did that because they were just horrible people doesn't sit right with me.

Archived