What is your opinion on Tencent's ownership of Klei?

OMGkawaiiAngel

What is your opinion on Tencent's ownership of Klei?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe it's a good change?

Something I don't see discussed often is how this may have been taken internally. There may have been devs who voiced their opinions against it and flat out quit afterwards. There may be those who, because of their dedication and love invested to games they've helped developed, have decided to remain quiet but are now uncomfortable in their work environment. The higher ups are certainly happy with fatter pockets but what of the emotional turmoil at the lower end of the corporate ladder? I wish I knew how the devs felt and Id probably base my actions on that, so for now I am "I don't know".

I think I will continue to support Dst and support these passionate developers in their endeavors. They arent at fault and as far as we know some of their lives may have changed for the better, money wise. There's a lot of "what if" scenarios, but the moment I hear of there being bad blood, not unlike shark tank, I'm out. 

Sure having massive shareholdership over a company doens't mean they own them BUT it can quicklöy tunr into ownership. My take anyway and I don't like what happend to a few gems that tencent owns and all the game they just copy paste into the mobile space...

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

People are jumping into harsh conclusions too fast and too soon IMHO.

Yeah, people are quitting the game already when no changes have been directly made. It's not like Klei did this with Tencent to make us stop playing their games or hate their company, because why would they do that? There must be a logical reason for the change.

52 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

workshop censorship has already begun, me and my bro are probably done with this game.

Did? Or mod creators are themselves deleting content? Like somebody might say "I'm not working with klei games anymore, let's delete it"

7 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Did? Or mod creators are themselves deleting content? Like somebody might say "I'm not working with klei games anymore, let's delete it"

Page 27, torwards the bottom. Unless this is a misunderstanding (also it can't be a steam glitch because every other mod can be commented on except this one), but I doubt that especially since there was a comment I couldn't see since comments were disabled. Probably a "private developer" comment saying some nonsense like "your mod is harassing the president of China who is like a billionaire and you're like nothing to him but you're harassing him this mod so bad we are going to ban you soon if you don't delete this!!".

20 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

Page 27, torwards the bottom. Unless this is a misunderstanding (also it can't be a steam glitch because every other mod can be commented on except this one), but I doubt that especially since there was a comment I couldn't see since comments were disabled. Probably a "private developer" comment saying some nonsense like "your mod is harassing the president of China who is like a billionaire and you're like nothing to him but you're harassing him this mod so bad we are going to ban you soon if you don't delete this!!".

Not really. Next time be sure you got a map to find your comment section in mods.

maybe I will look too toxic, but mods should close or at least control topics like this so it wouldn't go too far.

seriously, you've already splashed out your anger at the main one, why are y'all continuing to litter entire forums with messages like that? you will not change anything, they've already sealed the deal, and they made this decision as a videogame company, not as community worker or something.
If they want - they'll continue to develop DST as their own child, if they want - they'll show you a huge middle finger and make DST pay-2-win (but i hope they won't fall so low)

If you can't change anything - humble yourself, that'll be the smartest solution. Rallies and boycotts have never led to anything good.

P.S.: Even if you delete Klei's games from your PC, even if they will change them beyond recognition, there will still be players who will play their games.

Spoiler

Sorry if there is too much tautology, english is not my main language

I would imagine there is really nothing to be scared of unless you live in China and don't support the party line. If this is so, definitely keep it to yourself. SOP at this point of course, with or without the Klei deal.

I personally wouldn't mind hearing Kleis position on the Hong Kong protests and Taiwan. I'm sure they would firmly stand up against China's treatment and policies of these two locations right? I mean that would honestly put the whole thing to rest (at least for me), to hear Klei denounce the actions of China and the CCP in regards to Hong Kong and Taiwan.

10 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

maybe I will look too toxic, but mods should close or at least control topics like this so it wouldn't go too far.

seriously, you've already splashed out your anger at the main one, why are y'all continuing to litter entire forums with messages like that? you will not change anything, they've already sealed the deal, and they made this decision as a videogame company, not as community worker or something.
If they want - they'll continue to develop DST as their own child, if they want - they'll show you a huge middle finger and make DST pay-2-win (but i hope they won't fall so low)

If you can't change anything - humble yourself, that'll be the smartest solution. Rallies and boycotts have never led to anything good.

P.S.: Even if you delete Klei's games from your PC, even if they will change them beyond recognition, there will still be players who will play their games.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry if there is too much tautology, english is not my main language

I think the admins and moderators of the forums rn are being a bit lax right now so people dont get even more angry and claim "waa!!!!! theyre already censoring us see???"

But yeah, i'm sure the admins and moderators will stop being lax about the rules at some point and have to control these topics and posts :p

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

But yeah, i'm sure the admins and moderators will stop being lax about the rules at some point and have to control these topics and posts :p

Why? What's wrong with this thread so far? It has remained civil, it has remained on topic, and it most certainly pertains to DST General Discussion.

Just now, Dunk Mujunk said:

Why? What's wrong with this post so far? It has remained civil, it has remained on topic, and it most certainly pertains to DST General Discussion.

I was talking in general, not this post, this post seems alright. I was moreso talking about Maxwell Memes and the Studio Announcement threads.

I think things won't change for a while, and we will most likely forget about it. My fear is what will happen after some good time goes by. Will klei slowy loose control? Are they gonna sensor the game or take it into a whole new direction and make it bad? Will the  game adopt all the bad industry's practices? Or maybe this could be one of the best changes for klei and their games in a long. I think that now only time can tell what will happen.

My heart is tinged with an inner deeper sadness that I do not feel I will ever overcome I feel like this right now:

1D9D736B-03EB-4A2D-A794-57FB1A4AF961.thumb.jpeg.7c2189a60b8ab525cf354347935411dc.jpeg

And I feel this way because no one has bothered to outline the positives of this Studio Announcement rather than all the bad.. honestly I feel like THIS for Klei Right now: 

C2C65C2A-1EB0-415F-B6FF-693B47E4D052.gif.e5b430cac3290fb4c90a49909e4ed89c.gif

Shocked, Scared, Uncertain as I am sure most everyone else is right about now.

But I want to look at and to think about the positive things Klei can do with this change such as the highly highly popular & liked elevated foundations of land suggestion that was brought up awhile back and took the forums by storm: With this new Partnership things like THIS: 

5ADF6CC8-2676-47DB-A461-6076E7723CB2.jpeg.3040daa03c07897aa045994c191d8bbb.jpeg

Seem more possible than EVER before right about now.

Then there are people who want to see widespread changes to the games existing biomes & content such as my (now archived & forgotten) purposal to Redesign the Oasis Biome:

E82789FE-4115-4826-91D2-F3C7BAB6D553.jpeg.ce466b3fd07850e6c82276568fb95154.jpeg

We are swimming in unknown waters now.. and it genuinely feels about like This: 

D482A3CB-240B-409E-A107-1760BECD92B5.thumb.png.007882ece3631def336f96c3af986321.png

Dangerous Murky Rocky depths that must be treated upon very carefully to reap the rewards while avoiding all the associated risks.

I can only hope that this deal isn’t Symbolic to Tencent putting Klei up the stream in a new boat with a paddle and then Tencent shrinks the size of that River around Klei so they end up stuck in one place with no room to maneuver around.

17ECC9D2-3EAE-4CD3-8145-A970313A236D.gif.224e38feba086e2006bc8b34ed9d0350.gif

Currently everyone one the forums are all collectively losing their minds and you see a good bit of cries of frustration and screaming out going on in most threads like this: 

4ACFCDA8-3047-4D7E-A0B6-78C67EF9FBE0.gif.8f4113fcd90a0e5ce0d11e4353a28a86.gif

Meanwhile I’m wondering if this new funds can be put to use to bring the remaining Six DS solo player cast into DST and to add new mobs & mechanics into the game that in the past: Could have been a risky endeavor for Klei.. but if Funds is no longer an issue- Could we see harder modes where enemy mobs spawn from the tree’s we chop such as how they are present in Hamlet?

BFAACB89-2434-4924-B40C-14F23A6720DD.gif.0046cd3c40bc99d9e032cecb5b9723f5.gif

there is really a whole lot riding on Klei at this point to deliver some huge (and hopefully exciting) announcements, Were all looking how potentially BAD this can be-

When no one at Klei has yet to step in and assure of us what potential GOOD this may bring.

GUYS

i....um.....uhh

man i don't know anymore my main goal is to spread good vibes and with THIS situation what am i meant to do?talk about something else thats positive?

like i would love to talk about the Dream SMP but people will be annoyed because i mention it too much and besides that the only other thing i love is DST so the hell do i do?

as to answer the question in this thread theres no way in hell that im answering this poll 

but to give my opinion

nothing has happened. if you think about it all that happened so far is the fact that klei made a ton of money which is a  good thing so i don't understand why people are talking about spyware and really expensive skins when NOTHING has happened and besides the ccp already owns my life and my country whats the problem if they take a little more of my life?

im saw people swearing at klei just because they took this deal acting as if klei are the bad people when in reality its tencent not klei 

and in general screw 2021

WEIRDCHAMP

Archived