Serena Tsukino

What is your opinion on Tencent's ownership of Klei?

What is your opinion on Tencent's ownership of Klei?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe it's a good change?

Serena Tsukino    5332

Please, do not post anything rude or argue in the comments section, but could you tell me what you think about this change? Personally I don't know... it made me upset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Serena Tsukino    5332
4 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Does this need to be a second thread in the DST forum? There's already a big "Studio Announcement" button at the very top of every page on the forum that leads to a discussion thread about this...

Well thanks a lot for your statement, but it's simply too harsh to go every single user's comments to tell what they think. And Off Topic is simply not as active as any other forum, and I believe DST is Klei's most popular franchise so it would be okay to discuss this here.

• Like 4

Mike23Ua    9598

Owning shares into a company is not the same thing as owning the entire company.. people would be wise to remember that.

Also as I wrote in your status update: I’m looking into who Tencent is right now and they have shares into many many MANY games and franchises: The most notable of which may even be EPIC GAMES 

the People who do Fortnite And GEARS of WAR, But more importantly Epic owns the UNREAL ENGINE, so any game you buy that pops up with the Unreal Engine Logo is funding epic games: Which means.. it’s also funding Tencent.

Im not going to start freaking out until Tencent starts pushing Klei to do things Klei really doesn’t want to do.. but by that point: I believe most of Klei’s employees will be disheartened enough that they will quit & if worse comes to worse: Form a new company at a later time.

Until then, I’ll play the waiting game to see what happens.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

bruhmoment23    7269

The issue is off topic because it concludes klei, the company as a whole. Obviously they're not gonna post every single thread titled the same on each community forum of their games, there's a giant blue label on top of the forum screen with link to the original thread about it. I don't see the point of creating more threads concerning the sell out.

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    7787

I dont like it but was a logical step when you see that the mayority of the fan base is from china and i dont know any chinesse company that doesnt make game for adicteds (like genshi impact and other pay to keep playing games) so maybe klei choices the "good" one

I would like to have this discussion only in his respective topic

• Like 1

KeshS    4920

I am interested in the numbers of what don't starve community thinks about the situation. Community studio comment section is very chaotic with stating their opinion. So I will consider this as a small room for discussion instead using a great hall.

Could you also make poll private? It doesn't matter what every person thinks and for some it could be anxiety to vote. @Charlie Dark

Edited by KeshS
  • Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

Ohan    1896
5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

What do I think about it?

I think there's a lot to think about.

Cjrdma4VEAEd5bk.jpg-large.jpeg.cac2c727d6964e4805fed1976f4860ff.jpeg

Spoiler

please tell me this was a karen collins reference :lol:

• Like 1

QuartzBeam    3534
Just now, Ohan said:

Cjrdma4VEAEd5bk.jpg-large.jpeg.cac2c727d6964e4805fed1976f4860ff.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

please tell me this was a karen collins reference :lol:

Yep. One of the few parts of the show that I can actually quote in these forums. :P

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bandzia said:

I'm really not happy with their decision, I will wait and see, by pulling that move I expect nothing but 10/10 content from now on. I just hope they will stay in control. I've been with Klei from 2013 and accepted that DS is dead and DST is their main focus, so I'm crossing my fingers for them, I love Don't Starve so much.

Yeah, I feel similar

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    8964
1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

discussion thread about this...

unfortunatelly that thread got unwellish quickly...
It's good to see actual cool mindedness here after that thread.

• Like 1