Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

Recommended Posts

Chesmu    218
7 minutes ago, Toros said:

I stopped reading here because it's clear you're either unable or unwilling to have a meaningful discussion.  I assume you're ok with me mentioning you in the future if I have definitive evidence you were wrong?

See as a realist I would read other 2 points no matter what the first point is; Because If I don't read them, they will not disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toros    2143
1 minute ago, Chesmu said:

See as a realist I would read other 2 points no matter what the first point is; Because If I don't read them, they will not disappear.

I knew they existed, and also that they weren't worth worrying about.

You didn't answer the question though.

  • Sad 1
  • Health 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chesmu    218
Just now, Toros said:

I knew they existed, and also that they weren't worth worrying about.

You didn't answer the question though.

Calm down, no need to have a bar fight.

So are you willing to have a meaningful discussion about the actual topic, which are 2) and 3), about Tencent and stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    10801
2 hours ago, Toros said:

As a consumer I appreciate this information but from reading this it sounds like Klei has given up their autonomy and won't be able to grow as a company or accomplish goals they weren't already on pace to accomplish.  The assumption some people have made is that with Tencent backing Klei will be able to do more for their customers they otherwise wouldn't, instead of business as usual but without legal autonomy.

well now I’m just really really confused, if there’s going to be no changes to staffing, content updates, advancements in technical hardware etc and everything is just going to keep going at the same pace it always has, what was even the point of giving off ownership to Tencent? 
I was under the assumption that with their new found partnership this would allow Klei to do things they otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do without it (As that logically makes the most sense of why anyone would do it) 

I’m still hopeful for a 2021 Roadmap that restores some people’s faith & shows why this is a good thing for them as a company, and for us as the players that support their company.

I was hopeful they would outline what they plan to do for the foreseeable future, giving me exciting announcements that are going to help me much more easily convince my friends to buy and support their games.

With new PS5 & XSX consoles out there: I was even hopeful they would announce something on how they plan to support those consoles. (such as having higher world Gen options above being locked at default, or the world itself having more flora/fauna/atmosphere whatever you wanna call it: I’ll just call it pretty stuff for me to look at & further involve myself into the World around my character)

But now I hear that it’s not really going to change anything they weren’t already doing. So then, why was this change made to begin with?? So many mixed emotions all at once.. but I guess I’ll just have to wait & see what happens.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1276
7 minutes ago, TaschDraws said:

7 days and 42 pages of this is more than enough.

 

 

 

 

well people will continue anyways:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KEY1422    2

I don't want to run dangerous programs influenced by Tencent.
Please tell me the starting option that does not update the program.

 

  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1276
12 minutes ago, KEY1422 said:

I don't want to run dangerous programs influenced by Tencent.
Please tell me the starting option that does not update the program.

 

nah i don't think so 

but i might be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serena Tsukino    5441
5 hours ago, Marfoo said:

unknown.pngUhm... guys?

Oh my, well was there any sort of announcement for a hotfix about DST? I'm sorry, but I haven't logged into Steam for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monkey Cups    542
15 hours ago, Chesmu said:

1) You call it faith, I call it realism! If things haven't changed recently, nor announced that way, then they are not. Yes, I will scream and run when my house is on fire, but why freak out when I'm not going to BBQ in a week? In my opinion it's better to live at the moment and be realist than to be paranoid and constantly worry about what "Might" happen, without any evidence.

There's a reason history is taught in schools. So people can learn from past mistakes. So they can avoid repeating them in the future. Large companies have bought small ones before and, generally, that does not go well. It being perfectly fine would be the exception not the rule and preparing for the exception is how you get caught with your trousers down.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chesmu    218
12 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

I still believe that Klei Enterntaintment developers would not go around and start massively changing the game or monetization. What needs to be understood is that this decision is no longer in their hands, that's the most important sentence that has been repeated countlessly in this thread and denied by many.

 

Hmm, we know that Klei wouldn't go massively change the game, but we have to Believe they lost the decision, even tho we don't see any effect of it Irl.

I still see that freaking out people can't explain the situation and their point; All I hear for days is this: "Go read the Wikipedia", "Go to school", "Grow up", "CCP", "but CCP", "go read what I said", etc; All of this expresses a fear of conversation, and most importantly lack of evidence.

Here is what I suggest you do: Play your game, because you can always stop playing it.

 

2 hours ago, Monkey Cups said:

There's a reason history is taught in schools. So people can learn from past mistakes. So they can avoid repeating them in the future. Large companies have bought small ones before and, generally, that does not go well. It being perfectly fine would be the exception not the rule and preparing for the exception is how you get caught with your trousers down.

To disappoint you, that's not why they teach history. :) I would say why but this is not the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machine Reaper    2405
3 minutes ago, Chesmu said:

Hmm, we know that Klei wouldn't go massively change the game, but we have to Believe they lost the decision, even tho we don't see any effect of it Irl.

I still see that freaking out people can't explain the situation and their point; All I hear for days is this: "Go read the Wikipedia", "Go to school", "Grow up", "CCP", "but CCP", "go read what I said", etc; All of this expresses a fear of conversation, and most importantly lack of evidence.

Here is what I suggest you do: Play your game, because you can always stop playing it.

 

why don't you do the same and stop worrying about us people going monkey on a company that has just set itself on fire.
tenor.gif

  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chesmu    218
1 minute ago, Machine Reaper said:

why don't you do the same and stop worrying about us people going monkey on a company that has just set itself on fire.
tenor.gif

I'm here to offend you by reality.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machine Reaper    2405
3 hours ago, Chesmu said:

I'm here to offend you by reality.  :D

offend me what for?

not supporting Klei and your views?

are you really that shallow?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chesmu    218
1 hour ago, Machine Reaper said:

offend me what for?

not supporting Klei and your views?

are you really that shallow?

Just have fun, it is not a serious thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YumoS    463
11 hours ago, viberr said:

well people will continue anyways:lol:

says the guy who spams this post all the time. giphy.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
. . .    4145
13 hours ago, TaschDraws said:

7 days and 42 pages of this is more than enough.

if a meme thread could go on for years with over god knows how many pages then this can go on too :wilson_evil:

Edited by --- -.-
  • Haha 3
  • Health 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monkey Cups    542
22 hours ago, Chesmu said:

I'm here to offend you by reality.  :D

You're not the one who defines "reality". Especially when you can't see it yourself.

5fd.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1276
21 hours ago, YumoS said:

says the guy who spams this post all the time. giphy.gif

yeah but i spam the thread with jokes

(well their bad jokes but i at least try)

  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is sad and bad news "Tencent to purchase a majority stake in Klei Entertainment"

this will end bad . i really hope that you can change your mind but i doubt that

i hope that at least they won't ruin don't starve 

 

Also can't wait to get communist err i mean patriotic skins to get added

EtAHA6AXMAEEcwG.jpg.671de84247a6834ab3681db866c6b807.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.