Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

BaloneyOs    471
18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How can you ask me to stop talking about video games on a video game forum? You may not see valve firing as bad but I see those people as needing jobs to feed their family and valve just kicks em to the curb for not delivering what they expected.

You talk about Tencent and funding the CCP or whatever, but can you honestly tell me that the tax payer dollars I’m paying on meaningless stuff like a coffee pot & and a Yeti thermal cup isn’t going to directly fund the mass producing of more nuclear warheads?

The world isn’t pretty.... and I escape all that by spending the majority of my life playing video games. Let me have this much.

I don't understand why, after everything you've expressed, you're still choosing to read and participate in these threads. On top of that, you're taking things so personally that you're trying to dictate for other people what topics of conversation are appropriate (the irony, do you see it?). This wasn't made to be an echo chamber just to appeal to your escapes, so the sooner you understand that the sooner you'll find peace for your own good.

It's the same as joining a conversation that you don't need to be a part of just to say "hey I don't like what you guys are talking about can you stop". Like do you purposely step in dog poo just so that you can garner attention by complaining about having stepped in dog poo?

Edited by BaloneyOs
  • Like 4

BaloneyOs    471
29 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Nah that's just Mike. Doesn't know when to quit and likes to troll people. Can't get rid of em no matter how hard you try.

He got me good then! Mike:1 me:0 I applaud the troll.

Wasn't totally wasted effort though since what's been said to him also applies to other members of this thread who have expressed similar sentiments.

Edited by BaloneyOs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

OmeletteBoy    73
4 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Nah that's just Mike. Doesn't know when to quit and likes to troll people. Can't get rid of em no matter how hard you try.

Oh, lol. Thanks i guess.

Pindeh    32
2 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370583004&searchtext=

It has begun.

• Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

Mike23Ua    9598

If being considered a troll for defending Klei’s decision is the consequences I must endure then so be it, it will be worth it so long as I bring up valid points to the conversation what’s the worst I can do? 

(believe me I’ve seen far worse posts in the Memes thread.) 

Wanna know something else Tencent owns shares into? Esports- So yeah if you are involved with anything Esports & feel guilty about supporting Klei due to Tencents involvement: Then you should probably Reap What You Sow and also feel guilty about supporting Esports activities.

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

ZeeDragon    2456
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If being considered a troll for defending Klei’s decision is the consequences I must endure then so be it, it will be worth it so long as I bring up valid points to the conversation what’s the worst I can do? 

(believe me I’ve seen far worse posts in the Memes thread.) 

Wanna know something else Tencent owns shares into? Esports- So yeah if you are involved with anything Esports & feel guilty about supporting Klei due to Tencents involvement: Then you should probably Reap What You Sow and also feel guilty about supporting Esports activities.

No, you're considered a troll because of your past posts. Not the ones exclusively in this thread

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Pindeh    32

I think we can all agree that, if this goes downhill, we should pressure Klei to leave Tencent. Sure, they're a business, but they still listen the fans despite some dubious choices. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

GetNerfedOn    7008
24 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

an institution at this point

• Haha 1

DST_LSJ    1395
1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

can you, elaborate on this? I am not entirely sure I understand what you mean.

I can bear their prejudice against the Chinese at this forums. I am not perfect after all. I always try to fix my own problems instead of blaming others for everything.

见贤思齐焉,见不贤而内自省也。

It means,

"When we see a man of virtue and talent, we should think of equalling them; when we see a man of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves."

Now the people who attack Tencent in the forum are so hypocritical.  The media achieve their own political goals by misleading them. They credulously believed the media's prejudice against the Chinese. But turned a blind eye to the shameful behavior around theirself. This is double standard. In the perspective of activists, China is a prison, Europe is a refugee camp and America is a hell for people of color. They are nothing except to vent their emotions online.

BLM is one password which called Political correctness.

Enter this string as passwords to become part of them. No need to pay any moral price to gain part of the benefits from community.

These actions do hurt those who work hard to make money. They pay taxes to feed a group of sluggard instead of those who really need help. It's not fair.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

Gurgel    2305
1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Sucks you feel that way. Generally speaking this is how we handle things. We announce something, and then we move forward and show everybody through our actions, not through more words. Nothing we say right now is going to make anybody feel better. Most any question I have seen that we can reasonably answer was already addressed in the original post.

We said everything we can at this point, really. Now it's up to us to make good on it. 

Holding my thumbs for you. And hoping that not much of that is actually needed.

56 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod.. glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370583004&searchtext=

Reveal hidden contents

aaaasszsa.thumb.gif.35c32477b70a469fcf422432ef985905.gif

Just to give an update on that, if someone tries to fav the mod or yours, it shows only the title on the activity page

Screenshot 2021-01-24 230714.png

Edited by Twilight_Sparkle
  • Wavey 2
  • Big Ups 2

Mike23Ua    9598

Where EXACTLY has it been stated that Tencent bought Klei? I hear these claims but shares in something is not the same thing as ownership over it.

this is a “Partnership” in my understanding, not an entire Studio “Acquisition”

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Where EXACTLY has it been stated that Tencent bought Klei? I hear these claims but shares in something is not the same thing as ownership over it.

this is a “Partnership” in my understanding, not an entire Studio “Acquisition”

Tencent is the majority share holder in Klei now, which, to my very limited economic knowledge, means they effectively own Klei.

• Like 4

Mike23Ua    9598
10 minutes ago, OmeletteBoy said:

By saying "tencent bought a majority stake" it means that they own more than 50% of the company or the resources of the company, meaning they have control over what happens in it.

That’s not entirely true, they don’t have any say over Klei’s ip’s and creative decisions from my understanding of it: It’s like they’re burrowing money from Tencent to do things that they could not have before. Tencents Stake is expecting whatever the outcome of loaning those resources to Klei to pay off and Klei can pay them back.

Sure Tencent could demand doing things this way or that way or they’ll pull their resources but thats a pretty extreme scenario, It’s not the same thing as studio “Acquisition” meaning they have final say over any and everything Klei does rather Klei likes it or not.

Edited by Mike23Ua

OmeletteBoy    73
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not entirely true, they don’t have any say over Klei’s ip’s and creative decisions from my understanding of it: It’s like they’re burrowing money from Tencent to do things that they could have before. Tencents Stake is expecting whatever the outcome of loaning those resources to Klei to pay off and Klei can pay them back.

Sure Tencent could demand doing things this way or that way or they’ll pull their resources but thats a pretty extreme scenario, It’s not the same thing as studio “Acquisition” meaning they have final say over any and everything Klei does rather Klei likes it or not.

I was afraid you were going to bring this point, yes, i forgot to state that KLei still has control over their IPs and creative part of the company, but for the rest, Tencent is who's boss as they own more of KLei than KLei themselves

• Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

Mike23Ua    9598
2 minutes ago, OmeletteBoy said:

I was afraid you were going to bring this point, yes, i forgot to state that KLei still has control over their IPs and creative part of the company, but for the rest, Tencent is who's boss as they own more of KLei than KLei themselves

If that were true, I would have a game update tommorow and Tencents logo would be on the starting screen of the game, but I doubt the game will ever even get a Tencent logo outside of the China version that was already created in collaboration with Tencent.

• Like 1

OmeletteBoy    73
7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If that were true, I would have a game update tommorow and Tencents logo would be on the starting screen of the game, but I doubt the game will ever even get a Tencent logo outside of the China version that was already created in collaboration with Tencent.

I don't understand this, i'm not saying anything false, the definition of adquiring a majority stake is to have over 50% of a property

Edited by OmeletteBoy
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Mike23Ua    9598
4 minutes ago, OmeletteBoy said:

I don't understand this, i'm not saying anything false, the definition of adquiring a majority stake is to have over 50% of a property

I will try to explain, Tencent has been doing dealings with Klei since the start of DST, they helped distribute the DST through China, way back in 2016 if Tencent holds no ownership over any of Klei’s IP’s then they only own the Klei name.. and not the games and brands under that name.

So the worst that can happen is they’ll try to force Klei to do things they don’t want to do, then Klei will separate and with a little luck: Rebrand later.

They wouldn’t be Klei anymore obviously... but they would still be the people behind Klei with 15 years of experience between them to make themselves known again.

I highly doubt Klei would just willingly handover their entire studio without having an exit strategy should things go poorly.

But we will just have to wait and see, I’m trusting Klei to know what they’re doing.

• Like 1