Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

don't get why people are getting this pissed about this, devs said that they'll basically just help with distributing the game. If anything we should be happy about this, as this will mean that i'tll allow the devs to push updates out even faster

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

ArubaroBeefalo    7787
3 hours ago, BaloneyOs said:

oni.png.26cbc5f0e754f29191b563926f52bea5.png

It was pretty painful to uninstall this game after over 1100 hours AND while being excited for Spaced Out to finish. Fortunately there are plenty of good builder games out there

You dont support anything playing a game already paid and for the spyware, men, you are already in the big data and the ccp doesnt care you data unless you live in china because they cant do anything for saying china bad if you live in usa, europe or whatever

Also, klei games are open source, i dont think they will contain spyware (maybe in the china clients...)

Isnt like tencent will be richer if you play your already paid copy of klei games if you dont buy skins or other stuff

• Like 2

W0l0l0    264
2 hours ago, Mantas said:

I'm an unemployed artist/welder, but whatever

Let me know if you find anyone hiring for CAD :wilson_laugh:.

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

BaloneyOs    471
16 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

This is the whole point. Wasting energy ti make every body quit klei meanwhile they consume products made in china along with a lot of products from other corrupted founts is highly kiddish. They are doing it just because klei said the deal with tencent but this people with kid mentality doesnt move a single finger with things that could have a bigget impact but cone here with their superior morality mwanwhile bigger problems are fed with their support or their non participation

You know what's actually kiddish?

Trying to downplay other peoples' conversations just because they're not important to you. Forums are for discussion of choice. Furthermore the fact that you even care about this reeks of hypocrisy since you're preaching about "wasting energy", which is not up to you to qualify for other people to begin with.

It's also been mentioned already but just because we can't avoid consuming products that China has a hand in doesn't mean we can't reduce it. It's not a binary concept as you see it to be.

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You dont support anything playing a game already paid and for the spyware, men, you are already in the big data and the ccp doesnt care you data unless you live in china because they cant do anything for saying china bad if you live in usa, europe or whatever

Seems like you think paying money is the only avenue of support because you don't appear to value your data at all, and it's not up to you to decide who cares or doesn't care about anyone else's data nor whether or not they should care themselves.

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also, klei games are open source, i dont think they will contain spyware (maybe in the china clients...)

Cool, I hope for the best for anyone who will still choose to play the games.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Isnt like tencent will be richer if you play your already paid copy of klei games if you dont buy skins or other stuff

Not sure if trolling because this sentence makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

W0l0l0    264
51 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When I have to start paying 25$ per skin in DST that’s when it’ll join my list of Uninstalled games I never touch anymore.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind expensive skins (before Tencent), and even cosmetic lootboxes if I knew it would allow Klei to continue supporting Don't Starve Together without constant additional DLC's. Games can't grow forever, but a huge economy of skins might have at least given me the feeling that Klei was supporting themselves sustainably. 

Mantas    1088
25 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

Let me know if you find anyone hiring for CAD :wilson_laugh:.

What's CAD? I'm not familiar with that acronym :B

W0l0l0    264
1 minute ago, Mantas said:

What's CAD? I'm not familiar with that acronym :B

Computer aided design. Actually if you find anything engineering related in this post covid world ask if they're hiring for me :lol:

• Big Ups 1

Pindeh    32

My only hope is that Klei leaves at the first sighting of something wrong. They should know that the quality of their products is more important than what Winnie The Pooh thinks of a feature on their game.

• Like 1

Toutan    101
1 hour ago, Tofu_lion said:

look at league of legends, have more money means you can focus more on games. you have my bless Klei!

Is that ironic? They've stopped trying to innovate and offer fun and entertaining content a long time ago

Apart from the incessant addition of paid content, there's not much else that interests them

• Sanity 1

ArubaroBeefalo    7787
1 hour ago, Toutan said:

Is that ironic? They've stopped trying to innovate and offer fun and entertaining content a long time ago

Apart from the incessant addition of paid content, there's not much else that interests them

It wasnt already innovating (more characters were from warcraft(dota) but with few changes) and the skins where already so expensive they just added more to suck the blood of adicted people (like every other company of every product).  Also, having cosmetics but the game totally free2play didnt change isnt like they added pay walls (just the opposite since they removed runes and rune pages)

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

PyroCookie    0

Welp... I'm legitimately scared about this decision :( 

When I first saw the New Home game, I immediately had a bad feeling and didn't like the game. It looked like a "Chinese bootleg" like we say in my country (falsificación China) 

If anything bad happens... I suppose It's not possible to retrieve all what was sold from Tencent's claws, right? 

Toutan    101

I'm just saying that if you react at this announcement from a "look how well Riot Games is doing, and yet they are owned by Tencent!!" point of view, it's anything but good

I do hope Klei will not become a Riot Games lookalike

ArubaroBeefalo    7787
10 minutes ago, Toutan said:

I'm just saying that if you react at this announcement from a "look how well Riot Games is doing, and yet they are owned by Tencent!!" point of view, it's anything but good

I do hope Klei will not become a Riot Games lookalike

But riot never went well. League of legends is and was popular for being a very casual competitive game, 2 things that engage people, not because riot were good devs or kind with the community like klei. Isnt a good example because, atleat me, dont see any big difference

Remember that maybe they have premium pass and that kind of stuff but when i played there were already skins that cost 20 € and nearly 50 € 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

__IvoCZE__    8964

I'm still split if it's good or bad.
I want klei to remain as is (well,as in good and improving), and the things people are saying makes me worried.

• Like 4

ArubaroBeefalo    7787
5 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Definitely on Tencent's platform because it's China we're talking about. I'm not sure how rampant spyware is on Steam in games, but I imagine even if they do care about it, they can't do much to stop it.

I'm genuinely unsure about Klei's choices concerning stocks. If they give out cash dividends, odds are Tencent WILL make some money with an increase of sales, as when your company does well, the faithful thing to do is pay your shareholders a little extra at the end of the year.

The main issue is shareholders get to vote on who runs the company. Klei said Tencent respected their creative decisions in the past. But now they have the biggest vote when it comes to how the company is run. It's not uncommon for companies (all companies, not just Chinese ones) to sweeten the pot and get you to trust them.

viberr    1211
11 minutes ago, Popthiccle said:

Yes, yes I am.

i do think you're overreacting a bit   big man.

you didn't even say why the game was bad you just said ccp bad and thats all 

Edited by viberr
  • Shopcat 2

Mantas    1088

Oh boo hoo, people. Just ignore the angry crowd and press on other matters (if you have any... if not then.. idk. I guess keep doing what you're doing?)

But for real, we all know people won't be happy and some will be more angry than others. Get on with your lives and watch ASMR or whatever things you kids do these days.

• Like 1

viberr    1211
9 minutes ago, Mantas said:

But for real, we all know people won't be happy and some will be more angry than others. Get on with your lives and watch ASMR or whatever things you kids do these days.

where we droppin boys

(i don't play fortnite but kids do)

what i do know is that a lot of people including kids like the Dream SMP 

i just have to talk about the Dream SMP every 5 seconds because of how much i love it 

like has anyone seen the prison?like goddamn is that some of the finest redstone in the entirety of minecraft and has anyone seen the final disc war?i legit got goosebumps when tommy said"dream put your stuff in the hole" because of how much dream manipulated tommy 

what?you guys have no idea what im talking about?

oh guess ill take my leave then

Mantas    1088
2 minutes ago, viberr said:

where we droppin boys

(i don't play fortnite but kids do)

what i do know is that a lot of people including kids like the Dream SMP 

i just have to talk about the Dream SMP every 5 seconds because of how much i love it 

like has anyone seen the prison?like goddamn is that some of the finest redstone in the entirety of minecraft and has anyone seen the final disc war?i legit got goosebumps when tommy said"dream put your stuff in the hole" because of how much dream manipulated tommy 

what?you guys have no idea what im talking about?

oh guess ill take my leave then

ok, go back- GO BACK