Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

minespatch    83354
1 minute ago, Mantas said:

They'll laugh at your faces like the rest of companies in US or China alike.

Not exactly sure what info they get out of me, I'm a unemployed freelance artist. I'd like work but oh well...

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

Mantas    1091
4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Not exactly sure what info they get out of me, I'm a unemployed freelance artist. I'd like work but oh well...

I'm an unemployed artist/welder, but whatever. They'll just skip to last comment and then leave a 1 star review :B

• Haha 1

BaloneyOs    471
14 minutes ago, Mantas said:

I think people are blowing this out of proportions with the spyware thing. Why they care about us doing anything? It's prolly just advertisements and whatever that they'd sell info to. It's annoying, but you can tell that to other medias if you've got problems with that. They'll laugh at your faces like the rest of companies in US or China alike. Capitalism at it's finest.

The only deflections I've seen in regards to spyware is that it's "overblown" (opinion) and "other media is doing it" (whataboutism/red herring). Two wrongs don't make a right. You're obviously more than welcome to keep the potential spyware if you choose to, but making light of others' concerns because it differs from your own opinion doesn't really lend to an argument.

• Like 3

Mantas    1091
4 minutes ago, BaloneyOs said:

The only deflections I've seen in regards to spyware is that it's "overblown" (opinion) and "other media is doing it" (whataboutism/red herring). Two wrongs don't make a right. You're obviously more than welcome to keep the potential spyware if you choose to, but making light of others' concerns because it differs from your own opinion doesn't really lend to an argument.

I mean, people are 'overblowing' the part with spyware, even though I seen no arguments on what they'd be spying on or caring so much about? I don't know what's this argument since I don't know if people are actually suffering cause of it or not. So far a lot of people play League or Valorant, and they seem fine. And I mean what I say, I don't know if these people even know what they fear if I've never heard it from anyone of having security breaches or so.

• Like 1

BaloneyOs    471
8 minutes ago, Mantas said:

I mean, people are 'overblowing' the part with spyware, even though I seen no arguments on what they'd be spying on or caring so much about? I don't know what's this argument since I don't know if people are actually suffering cause of it or not. So far a lot of people play League or Valorant, and they seem fine. And I mean what I say, I don't know if these people even know what they fear if I've never heard it from anyone of having security breaches or so.

In case you didn't know, different people have different views. You're okay with the risk of having spyware? That's totally fine, but try to understand that opinion goes both ways. There's no wrong in switching games to reduce the associated risks.

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Mantas    1091
17 minutes ago, BaloneyOs said:

In case you didn't know, different people have different views. You're okay with the risk of having spyware? That's totally fine, but try to understand that opinion goes both ways. There's no wrong in switching games to reduce the associated risks.

It's more on the fact that I'm trying to figure out what do those Spywares do that people are on about here xd

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

minespatch    83354

So... How about Griftlands? Anybody who plays that seem to have a problem with Klei's decision and the political elements in that game?:wilson_ecstatic:

• GL Happy 2

I'm pretty saddened by this, I've been around for a few years at this point and it would sting horribly to see anything terrible happen to a franchise that I hold close to my heart :(. But for now I guess I'll just have to wait and see what will happen next. Hopefully Klei really does retain all creative control, although that might just be my naivete speaking. Trying to stay positive, though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

BaloneyOs    471
30 minutes ago, Mantas said:

It's more on the fact that I'm trying to figure out what do those Spywares do that people are on about here xd

You're so focused on what they do (despite admitting to not knowing) that you haven't even considered the possibility that people don't want spyware at all regardless of what they do.

26 minutes ago, Hekateras said:

Whataboutism and pointing out hypocrisy are two sides of the same coin. The former is intended as the latter. Whether it's a red herring or not is a matter of debate.

The US military, possibly the greatest single force of imperialism, destruction and terrorism on the planet, is directly involved in the production of many blockbuster Western movies, including Marvel stuff (e.g. the Iron Man trilogy) - the funding reality is that depictions of the US military in US movies are most affordable if approved by the US military. The US military has a strong presence in videogames, as well, including using them for propaganda and recruitment.

The difference is that the crimes of the US government are, through massive culture and entertainment industries that function as globe-wide PR campaigns, kept away from the public consciousness of the average American (or non-American while we're at it), while the crimes of foreign governments are placed under a magnifying lens and make headlines. To say nothing of the spyware and data collection that we all know is done extensively by corporations such as Google, Facebook,etc.

If you're going to use whataboutism here as an example anyways, then all I can say here again is two wrongs don't make a right. Spyware is spyware. I don't touch facebook and minimize my use of Google, but that doesn't mean I can still minimize my risks from elsewhere. Oh and I hate what the U.S. does in the world too, but I don't see why that's relevant because:

I very rarely, if ever, hear gamers talk about these issues with the heat they reserve for scary foreign companies (for reasons that are pretty clear; xenophobia is encouraged while actual knowledge of domestic issues is suppressed). As such, it's extremely hard to read passionate complaints about Klei selling out to Tencent and not wonder what the big deal is. I mean, it's... not great? But would it be that much better if they'd sold out to an American company?

I'm not whataboutist. I'm just bitter and cynical, bordering on apathetic. It's not great, I know.

Saying that the voiced concerns are a result of xenophobia is a bold assumption considering:

1. You most likely don't know others' backgrounds.

2. You're asserting that people aren't applying objective criticism and are instead using it as an opportunity to attack entire nationalities.

3. You're assuming that the criticisms are based on nationality to begin with.

4. You're reading these "passionate complaints" with the personal bias that it's not a big deal.

I'd rather they just not have sold out at all but there's no wrong in criticizing different aspects of different companies individually, in addition to the "big company bad" blanket. For this scenario in particular, Tencent is on the subservient side of politics as opposed to say, EA. Still hate them both.

Anyway. Unionise your workplace, vote for candidates that will reduce voter suppression and re-democratise your local politics. That's the best you, personally, can do. Review-bombing a Steam game won't do jack all.

Oh you bet I support/voted for those things, or at least to push in that direction as much as possible. What's great though is that in addition to having the right to vote, some of us can also vote with our wallet and words.

Reviews are just opinions so if actions result in a review bomb then that's just another expected consequence.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

On 1/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, Lbphero said:

are you...absolutely, completely, entirely sure that tencent will continue to allow you all creative control and proper time to do things, continuing on? A large concern i have heard and feel myself is that tencent will become more restricting as time goes on...

I think this is what I'm most concerned about, I don't want Klei's creativity to be stifled. But I trust Klei will make the right decision, they haven't let me down so far.

Edited by TheDoughboy1917
  • Thanks 2

Mike23Ua    9638

Yo, I thought that in the Klei forum guidelines and rules (even prior to this announcement) that government and politics was a big red flag for getting warnings and bans- it’s why I’ve never once made a meme related to presidential elections or people of power: And for JoeW to continue to let this posts like that remain and not be hidden immediately just goes to show that he actually IS Letting you guys vent all your anger and frustration & opinions out.

But since the forums are about VIDEO GAMES I wish everyone would focus more on that and stop bringing up crap that most gamers probably honestly know very little if anything at all about.

All I Want, all I ask to have fun enjoyable gameplay experiences that aren’t being pushed closer and closer to OTHER GAMES thats business model I disliked so I stopped playing those games.

If something feels to Pay-To-Play, To Microtransactiony, Glitchy, Bugged and Broken and REMAINS unpatched while that company ignores cries for fixes and instead pumps out more content to rake in the $$$ THAT is when I get fed up with them and stop playing.. When I have to start paying 25$ per skin in DST that’s when it’ll join my list of Uninstalled games I never touch anymore.

Until then, cut Klei & Joe some slack Cant Ya? Your playing the game to PLAY THE GAME... so spare me the in’s & out’s of Why Tencent = Bad and instead- Tell me what this changes for the GAME I paid for and enjoy playing. Thanks.

• Like 2

Tencent playing Monopoly again.

I just hope that they continue to have full control over their business and their products, that they can be independent and continue to maintain that quality, innovation, design, creativity and much more that characterizes all their games.

As well as its active listening to the community nowadays few companies can boast of this characteristic.

Ultimately I hope it is the best for Klei.

Edited by DSCondoriano
  • Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    7880
1 hour ago, Hekateras said:

Anyway. Unionise your workplace, vote for candidates that will reduce voter suppression and re-democratise your local politics. That's the best you, personally, can do. Review-bombing a Steam game won't do jack all

This!

This is the whole point. Wasting energy ti make every body quit klei meanwhile they consume products made in china along with a lot of products from other corrupted founts is highly kiddish. They are doing it just because klei said the deal with tencent but this people with kid mentality doesnt move a single finger with things that could have a bigget impact but cone here with their superior morality mwanwhile bigger problems are fed with their support or their non participation

Im glad people are aware of how bad is tye chinese goverment and how their corporations help then (maybe forced or maybe not) but some reactions here... 

5 minutes ago, DSCondoriano said:

control over their business and their products, that they can be independent

I wish but at the end, no matter what jaimi said, they are a big inversor so they have voice in klei decisions and that is the dangerous part (added with working with fascists)

• Like 1