Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

DreamApart    125
20 hours ago, YumoS said:

Tencent is a big Chinese Corporation that is under control of the Chinese Government. These people are lunatics who commit genocide on the uyghurs and they Censor anything that doesnt fit their views and i am pretty sure they could interfere with klei and their games. Dont be surprised if they censor the chat in the game. lol

No, Tencent is not under control of the government, and censoring is not something you'd be concern about.

Tencent cares nothing but money, and has a great amount of haters in China, known as the infamous copier.

They would do anything to suppress their economic competitors.

They buy anything that threats them in monopoly, and copy anything that they can't buy, and kills the original.

Actually they could censor out some words from the governments if they want.

19 hours ago, Notecja said:

But true is that it could be worse - they could sold their soul to Epic, bethesda, EA... those can both eat studio and sell to tencent...

That's the key point - It's nothing worse if they instead sold to Epic, EA. It's all the same thing. Tencent is just something like that.

-------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people in this thread seems disappointed because it's a Chinese company.

No no no no, you totally missed the point.

Today is nightmare for Chinese people too, trust me.

It is nightmare because it's Tencent, not because it's China, nor because if anyone here is a China hater.

It is because it's Tencent! You know? It's TENCENT! THE TENCENT! The company is  so .... ugh... tencenty! You don't understand how tencenty a company can be!

Edited by DreamApart
  • Big Ups 1

jpmrocks    259
22 hours ago, BezKa said:

I read the post again and I just can't understand why. Aren't there better ways to get money than basically selling an entire company to someone?

Yeah but theyre harder to pull off then just selling off to the CCP. Granted, Canada's been getting eaten by China for the past few years any way, so it was only a matter of time.

• Like 1

Well-met    5078
18 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

Klei is a business being bought out by the Chinese government. Why would I be glad about this? What is this argument? Why can't I be mad about this?

that is not the case. you should read the opening post again.

by all means, throw a tantrum and get mad all you want, nobody is stopping you.

Marfoo    222

I think Tencent isnt that bad. They own a lot of games, such as League of Legends, Path of Exile, Warframe, and etc. Those games arent bad nor ruined, duh, Path of Exile is the best diablo-like game. So I say, those spyware accusations are caused by the stereotypes about chinese spying on everyone. All I say is: lets all calm down and watch.

• Like 3

minespatch    83234
1 minute ago, TheHollowKnight said:

To people concerned about money going to something you don't want it to go to by buying skin packs: 

5a1b2ee2bd939_Wilsonandtheunspooledspool.thumb.png.b5f72b9bf312967c2a7a341f2d5622db.png

• Like 2

minespatch    83234
4 minutes ago, Crowbones said:

God, why, by this point everything is going to become a monopoly were just this 1 company controls everything...

Do you think Disney is this transparent though?

I'm just going to hope and be glad, until anything changes seriously with the game I'll be fine. As long as no data is being sold I'll be happy. I'm giving this a chance but I do hope that Klei keeps an eye on them and don't let any funny business happen. And if anything goes wrong I hope Klei doesn't let themselves be taken advantage of by a company and know the signs they are being taken advantage of before anything more serious happens.

• Like 1

Marfoo    222
Just now, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I'm just going to hope and be glad, until anything changes seriously with the game I'll be fine. As long as no data is being sold I'll be happy. I'm giving this a chance but I do hope that Klei keeps an eye on them and don't let any funny business happen. And if anything goes wrong I hope Klei doesn't let themselves be taken advantage of by a company and know the signs they are being taken advantage of before anything more serious happens.

Exactly. Better to wish for the best than to worry about things that didn't happen yet.

Marfoo    222
2 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

It's already in motion man. Tencent is NOT just a company that makes bad games. They are NOT just a company that tracks, steals, and sells information. They are much worse. Look at some other replies. Find out why.

They make bad games, but all of this CCP and mass genocide thing is NOT caused by Tencent. They are in a very rough and bad place. Althought I'm not supporting China's actions, I think Tencent has nothing to do than obey.

• Like 2

DreamApart    125
1 hour ago, Bluckles said:

Right. So this game Tencent made was just in jest I suppose?

Klei is a business being bought out by the Chinese government. Why would I be glad about this? What is this argument? Why can't I be mad about this?

if you think a company under control of Chinese Gov is evil, of a company under censoring is evil, I'm telling you Tencent can be way more evil than that.

But I'm not sure what argument you mean. 

If it's "Klei is a business being bought out by the Chinese government". No, it's not. The government don't care.

If it's political opinion about China, I quit. I don't know where you from and what truth you believe in, so I won't know what could be the disagreement before bringing a disaster in this forum. The game in the video doesn't make things clear. The game looks like a sarcasm to me, and if it's not, you can't stop someone in a company being ******ed.

Oh no, I thought I were replying to me. Sry.

Edited by DreamApart
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

It's already in motion man. Tencent is NOT just a company that makes bad games. They are NOT just a company that tracks, steals, and sells information. They are much worse. Look at some other replies. Find out why.

I don't need to worry about this though, I am going to keep calm and hope for the best.

• Big Ups 1