Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

Madliv    12
44 minutes ago, Wehmut said:

Very bad decision imho. I dont like Tencent at all. The chinese suppress minorities and dont allow free speech. They monitor their citizen and every company has to cooperate with the chinese authorities. So, will our email-adresses we gave you be shared with Tencent? I would like to point out that this would be a violation to privacy protection.

I also think its a big misfit as your games are wonderfull in that way, that they are complex. No other game company does that sort of complex game mechanics - thats why I love ONI. The games Tencent supports are from other style, you could say they are dumb or at least aimed for console or mobile audiences.

I am also sure you could get other companies throw millions on you, like Microsoft or other publishers.

So, can`t see why you did it.

You have been my favorite game company - since today. Sorry.

Let me know when you also stop using discord and reddit, cuz they got 200m euro last year from tencent too. Also, guess what, apple uses the same minorities you cry about, paying them 10 cents per hour for the phones you use.  Tencent on the last report has more money than apple plus microsoft together. 

• Like 4

PunkShark    998
22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-company-that-tencent-has-invested-in/?_gl=1*1q9xfgg*_ga*YW1wLU1vdVBVZFRYWTE0TEVmZGVPaWUtdFUtTmZOSFBXYlFWRS1OdkJOTlFJamU0dzVXSV9Hby1BbHY3QXN6MnIxaTg.

Like I said: Pretty much anything you’ve played- they got a stake in..

Any game with a EPIC GAMES or Ubisoft logo on it Tencent has shares into- that means Gears of War, Assassins Creed, Rainbow Siege etc....

You guys are really blowing this way out of proportion- and I expect nothing less than quality from Klei by this move.

forums being the forums as usual. throwing a fit. i'll give it a week before everything is normal again and the cycle continues as it has before.

• Like 3

Wehmut    14
40 minutes ago, Madliv said:

Let me know when you also stop using discord and reddit, cuz they got 200m euro last year from tencent too. Also, guess what, apple uses the same minorities you cry about, paying them 10 cents per hour for the phones you use.  Tencent on the last report has more money than apple plus microsoft together. 

There is a difference in holding some shares of a company or a majority stake as in Klei's case.

• Like 2

ArubaroBeefalo    10217

im curious about why people say that league of legends was ruined by tencent, serious question, because when i played (from s2 to s6 more or less) it was an unbalanced game, with pay walls because of runes, any free skin, bad servers, etc or path of exile which im kinda hyped for the last update when i didnt play the game for years (and it still looks the same since the his beta)

that tencent launches mobile phones games with microtransactions to suck the blood of adicted that doesnt mean that they will care about the artistic work of the companies that are making money for them doing what made them popular. It will be silly

pd. srly im curious about the lol status because i didnt hear anything from my friends that keep playing it

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-company-that-tencent-has-invested-in/?_gl=1*1q9xfgg*_ga*YW1wLU1vdVBVZFRYWTE0TEVmZGVPaWUtdFUtTmZOSFBXYlFWRS1OdkJOTlFJamU0dzVXSV9Hby1BbHY3QXN6MnIxaTg.

Like I said: Pretty much anything you’ve played- they got a stake in..

Any game with a EPIC GAMES or Ubisoft logo on it Tencent has shares into- that means Gears of War, Assassins Creed, Rainbow Siege etc....

You guys are really blowing this way out of proportion- and I expect nothing less than quality from Klei by this move.

yea true there are many games that this chinese company invested in but klei was still indie.. they cared about the community and their games. now i expect it will all go down because the chinese will expect more money and profit so things will get worse for the community. 

look at siege.. less operator, no new weapons, less weapon skins, now battlepass system. you pay more for less.. it will be the same with klei after some time. 

• Big Ups 1

meepmoop    243

sellouts.

Feeling bad now about purchasing the ONI's DLC several weeks ago.

12 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

deerclops.png

it was deerclopse all along!

Edited by meepmoop
  • Like 1

YumoS    463
12 hours ago, Hornete said:

image.thumb.png.b645875d7ca52c83a0168be2110dbef7.png
Did you like, even read the literal 3rd sentence in the post?

This thread has me really disappointed in a lot of people, it's one thing to not like Tencent, I completely get that and that is completely understandable. But really? To think that pay to play, extreme monetization and spyware are gonna be implemented, when its literally mentioned in the main post that Klei is retaining creative control.

I have my trust in Klei for now and wish them the best for the future. Hope everything goes well

you are very naive to assume that they will not interfere in the future. if they own the majority of the company they could change anything without worrying much about the past promises. mark my words. once they sucked dst dry they will implement anti consumer crap into the game. like keys to open chests and gambling mechanics like in cs:go or pubg.

• Like 4

Stabbsworth    352

I'm not fond of the majority stake being purchased by Tencent for obvious reasons relating to ethics and Tencent essentially being a monopoly. While I'm glad that this will hopefully provide financial backing, I'm not too sure how to put it into words that things *will* change given that Tencent owns more than 50% of the company. (I believe the stake purchased was about 60%, correct me if I'm wrong.)

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

DreamApart    125
20 hours ago, YumoS said:

Tencent is a big Chinese Corporation that is under control of the Chinese Government. These people are lunatics who commit genocide on the uyghurs and they Censor anything that doesnt fit their views and i am pretty sure they could interfere with klei and their games. Dont be surprised if they censor the chat in the game. lol

No, Tencent is not under control of the government, and censoring is not something you'd be concern about.

Tencent cares nothing but money, and has a great amount of haters in China, known as the infamous copier.

They would do anything to suppress their economic competitors.

They buy anything that threats them in monopoly, and copy anything that they can't buy, and kills the original.

Actually they could censor out some words from the governments if they want.

19 hours ago, Notecja said:

But true is that it could be worse - they could sold their soul to Epic, bethesda, EA... those can both eat studio and sell to tencent...

That's the key point - It's nothing worse if they instead sold to Epic, EA. It's all the same thing. Tencent is just something like that.

-------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people in this thread seems disappointed because it's a Chinese company.

No no no no, you totally missed the point.

Today is nightmare for Chinese people too, trust me.

It is nightmare because it's Tencent, not because it's China, nor because if anyone here is a China hater.

It is because it's Tencent! You know? It's TENCENT! THE TENCENT! The company is  so .... ugh... tencenty! You don't understand how tencenty a company can be!

Edited by DreamApart
  • Big Ups 1