Cheggf    2536
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually I’m gonna agree with the trash can idea and the reason why is pretty obvious- Console technical limitations. 

We ALREADY can’t set our world settings to anything above default due to the fact it may make our systems explode.. so any loose items left laying around is just there to cause unnecessary lag.

Lureplants.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Mike23Ua    9638
8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Lureplants.

Isn’t that tied to a particular season and doesn’t work outside of its season? Playing random season starts and lengths kinda makes that complicated.

It sounds far more reasonable that the same button you press to drop something can be held in for like 15-30 seconds to have shadow hands grab it and pull it into the constants floor.

We get a cool animation and a way to get rid of low durability stuff we don’t want in our inventory.

• Like 2

fimmatek    4239
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Isn’t that tied to a particular season and doesn’t work outside of its season? Playing random season starts and lengths kinda makes that complicated.

No, lureplants are always active except during winter.

But even if they were only in one season, players could collect stuff there and it would clean those every year. 

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    9638
2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

No, lureplants are always active except during winter.

But even if they were only in one season, players could collect stuff there and it would clean those every year. 

That still doesn’t give me a portable way of disposing of things (I mean it does.. but I have to carry a lureplant around in my inventory 24/7 and place it then let it activate before I can chunk stuff away.)

pressing down on my Dpad throws the axe I don’t need onto the ground, HOLDING Down on my Dpad should completely destroy it.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

Muzarello    471

Not long ago I suggested a Scaled furnace rework about putting itens in and turning even stacks to ashes, like packin baggins, if they made a trash can or a incinerator , I wish it would get rid of itens like that. but one thing that I really would love is some recipes to use 3%/10% itens. like the mant mask from hamlet, would be very nice. Pickaxes have thermal stones, spears have staffs. obviously most stuff can't have these secondary crafts, so a disposal would be handy.

• Potato Cup 1

ArubaroBeefalo    7879
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That still doesn’t give me a portable way of disposing of things (I mean it does.. but I have to carry a lureplant around in my inventory 24/7 and place it then let it activate before I can chunk stuff away.)

pressing down on my Dpad throws the axe I don’t need onto the ground, HOLDING Down on my Dpad should completely destroy it.

why do you need a portable trash can? is that necesary to destroy an item when you dont need it?

just acumulate stuff and destroy it at once in 3 of the 4 seasons avaraibles

edit: i mean, it has no sense to carry an item to destroy a 1% item instead of carry that 1%item, takes the same space

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

Cr4zyFl4mes    208
8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like for example: I play with random season start times and random season lengths- this is HIGHLY Important because normally I could just keep so many items I need for the predictable default weather seasons on me & not have to juggle inventory slots.

You've chosen a playstyle with its set of setbacks. Doesn't make sense to advocate for items that would remove its setbacks like a trash can. If you get unlucky and get no spring for a long time, and you really need to dispose of some items, build a trap for krampus, then trap one with the items. Sure it's a lot of work, but you've chosen this playstyle and its challenges...

As a result: Many, many MANY low durability weapons, armor, and items get thrown on the ground so they can be replaced with newly crafted 100% durability ones.

Sure: I may regroup back to that area later pick up that 3% axe and finish using it but for the most part: I would really love to be able to for example hold in Y on my Xbox controller to completely destroy it.

I sometimes play in this way, crafting new helmet if my old one gets low, than put it on the ground, cause i need space in my inv. But I don't do it with everytime, and i never do it with tools and weapons (unless i make a new better weapon/tool which happens to 3 flint tools and 1 spear - approx. 4 items/per play). I always keep the old one and dispose of it before i use the new one. With weapons, you can go hit some things/mobs, to break it. With tools, you can keep the old one and use it asap whenever you see something to chopp/mine/shovel. I probably never had to sacrifice more than 1 inventory slot for any low% tools and usually only for a short time. The only problem is unburnable armor, but still it's our fault for not sacrificing an inventory slot for it. Games have its rules and we should adapt to them, not make the games in our own image. If you don't like helmets lying around, i'm afraid you have to sacrifice inventory space (or maybe give it to pigs, then kill them?). If you don't like torches lying around, i'm afraid you have to take your time and burn them manually while you walk around for example.

It's a bit more problematic on public servers, where not everyone shares my values of wasteless play, but a trash can wouldn't help unless working like a backpack that you can put anywhere in your inventory and a button for item removal would be a tool for griefers. A tool that you can't counter.

not to mention it would help if Klei added other things to the game like almost completely cosmetic termites that eat loose wood, twigs, Pinecones,rot left laying around too long.

This is valuable feature - disposing of items, that noone ever picked and that have been lying on the ground for no reason for some time could probably remove some lag. I'd approve of this one.

So TL:DR forget the Trash Can idea... just give me a prompt where I can hold in a button for X amount of seconds to send items to the void of no return.

This would be great feature for griefers.

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    9638

That’s not entirely true, it wouldn’t be any more powerful of a grieving tool then what we already have (people putting things in the inventory then logging out of a server to never return)

BOTH my new items go to void suggestion and just grabbing stuff and logging out only have one way of countering- Server Rollback.

In BOTH Situations.. if you see another player taking items that you didn’t want them taking the best result is to probably kick/ban them and roll the server back- Otherwise grievers will be grievers and they will find a way to use anything to their advantage.

QuQuasar    811

Suggestion: Staff of Disintegration, craftable at an ancient pseudoscience station. Vaporizes any loose item on the screen. Would save late game players the trouble of picking up all those stingers, and the cost of finding a pseudoscience station makes it unwieldy for griefers to obtain.

I also like Muzarello's idea of the scaled furnace moonlighting as an industrial incinerator. It's a logical ability for that structure to have.

Also, are we certain there isn't something in the game that eliminates rot naturally? This is just anecdotal, but I've been dumping all my rot on one tile in the corner of my base and I feel like the total number of stacks on that tile has gone down several times throughout my playthrough. I'm getting increasingly paranoid that some mob is invading my base to eat my rot while I'm not looking...

... wait, I just thought of the perfect name for a new critter in Don't Starve...

Suggestion: Litterbug. A creature that wanders the world and cleans up any piece of trash that's been on the ground for more than a year or two. If it steals something you wanted, you can attack it to get items back in reverse order to how were picked up.

Cheggf    2536
4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not entirely true, it wouldn’t be any more powerful of a grieving tool then what we already have (people putting things in the inventory then logging out of a server to never return)

Yes it is. Now instead of being able to delete 15-23 or maybe 27 items they can delete every single item. It would also allow them to very easily periodically delete items while staying on the server, just constantly griefing for no real effort.

Go try griefing a base that has a bunch of valuable unstackables (thulecite crowns, yellowstaves, etc) and several stacks of every resource. You'll see it's a lot harder than just pushing a button, and it takes a long time. People will notice you doing that a lot more than if you can just swoop through and press a button on everything and have it vanish.

Although obviously don't literally try griefing a base. Unless it's your own, I guess.

Edited by Cheggf
Third paragraph
  • Haha 1

HowlVoid    1209
25 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Yes it is. Now instead of being able to delete 15-23 or maybe 27 items they can delete every single item. It would also allow them to very easily periodically delete items while staying on the server, just constantly griefing for no real effort.

Go try griefing a base that has a bunch of valuable unstackables (thulecite crowns, yellowstaves, etc) and several stacks of every resource. You'll see it's a lot harder than just pushing a button, and it takes a long time. People will notice you doing that a lot more than if you can just swoop through and press a button on everything and have it vanish.

Although obviously don't literally try griefing a base. Unless it's your own, I guess.

Fire?

• Big Ups 1

Cr4zyFl4mes    208
3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Fire?

Fire, while not easily countered, is possible to counter with water balloons, ice and pre-build ice flingo. You have to be on the base, to save it though.

BOTH my new items go to void suggestion and just grabbing stuff and logging out only have one way of countering- Server Rollback.

In BOTH Situations.. if you see another player taking items that you didn’t want them taking the best result is to probably kick/ban them and roll the server back- Otherwise grievers will be grievers and they will find a way to use anything to their advantage.

I've played on a rollbackless server, (the one that i accidentaly burned the base later :D) And we had a guy come, sweep our ice boxes clean, then logging out. Had he not have the inventory limitation, he would probably not choose to take only food and we wouldn't be able to continue. Yes, there could be a long animation for the destruction, which would somewhat reduce the risks, but still... Item destruction and item grabbing, then logging out is not on the same griefing power level. Also, the item grabbing could have an anti-griefing measure - to be able to kick players who just left (1 day limit maybe) and to return all their items. This feature wouldn't be able to counter item destruction, since the server would have to remember what items each player destroyed, probably not reducing the lag thereafter.

ArubaroBeefalo    7879
1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

No thanks, I don't like getting bit, it hurts a lot...

Uncompromising organic trash can

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

ArubaroBeefalo    7879
4 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I'm sorry, what?

That lureplants are the trash can you were waiting for getting rid of your hound teeth. They are organic and uncompromising

Having duplicate items for the same job seems a waste of resources and some people is talking about like the ability of destroying items wasnt implemented yet

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
I dont know how to english
  • Like 1

Serena Tsukino    5335
2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

That lureplants are the trash can you were waiting for getting rid of your hound teeth. They are organic and uncompromising

Having duplicate items for the same job seems a waste of resources and some people is talking about like the ability of destroying items wasnt implemented yet

Well thanks, but I was hoping of an ever better method.

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    9638

Lureplants feel very situational at best, but the entire concept I suggested of having shadow hands grab things and drag them into the map actually comes from the Wardrobe item where players can change clothing and then watch as shadow hands redress them.

Im not going to lie and say it wouldn’t be a useful grieving tool- but there should be methods of dealing with that (I’m sure if your around to see a player take something out your chest and then watch the animation of them having the hands get rid of it that you’d have time to kick/ban & roll back)

Im not accounting for public/dedicated servers because this feature is mostly just for player hosted worlds (all Xbox has At the Moment) pretty sure it wouldn’t be available in those other servers.

I don’t see the suggestion being any different from a player waiting till you leave the area to go on a long trip doing something ANYTHING else and while your gone burning your base, or hammering it down or using woodie moose form to charge themselves into your structures while you are gone: And by the time you return to base it’s been longer then the game lets you roll back.

GG Griever you Win..

My point: Powerful and Useful tools in the hands of a Malicious player will always be disastrous, but that also shouldn’t mean Klei shouldn’t look into options of giving them to players anyway for the ones who will use it as Intended & for convenience

(and by the way yes I have seen people grief as Moose Woodie: They even successfully managed to put the blame on ME as having come through with a hammer breaking everything.. :( )

• Like 1

Cheggf    2536
13 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Fire?

Thulecite crowns, star caller's staves, magiluminesences, nightmare fuel, football helmets, rocks, cut stone, flint... Most important things aren't flammable. It's also extremely blatant it's being done, extremely blatant it's been done, and very counterable if anyone comes to see it happen.

Fire won't do much more than destroy the structures, logs, grass, twigs, and a few other things. 

HowlVoid    1209
6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Thulecite crowns, star caller's staves, magiluminesences, nightmare fuel, football helmets, rocks, cut stone, flint... Most important things aren't flammable. It's also extremely blatant it's being done, extremely blatant it's been done, and very counterable if anyone comes to see it happen.

Fire won't do much more than destroy the structures, logs, grass, twigs, and a few other things. 

There is actually something far more important than any of the thing you've listed: Time. It can take over a year to accumulate a bounty of the appropriate seeds for the appropriate seasons. It can take over year to obtain a great number of planks for a great number of chests. The painstaking time it takes to place structures in the correct order in an attempt to take the least amount of space. There are far, far greater things of import when it comes to building ones base to ones personal preference. All susceptible to fire. Especially if the griefer is tactical he will find the correct conditions that will allow them to carry out their deeds. The only true protection to being free of trolls is to make a session private; which most, if not all, late game basers will do. Im not sure if there is a need for a disposal device, but using griefing as an argument is a poor choice. Disposing things via lureplant takes a lot of time due to the constant back and forth to avoid its attack. 

There is already a similar item to a trash can in Hamlet most are familiar with, the ends well. If we could attach a well structure of sorts to edge of the world? Place an item on the bucket and it will slowly lower to oblivion. Players can see the animation (a days worth?) of the items in process of deletion and intervene. It wouldn't be too different from the way the void works in the caves, save for there being a timer.

Edited by HowlVoid

Chesmu    212

Let's be honest right? when you are at a Unknown forest, which belongs to an evil entity, every inch of it can be your trashcan. :) So feel free to throw garbage at DST oceans and stuff.

Notecja    1858
1 hour ago, Chesmu said:

Let's be honest right? when you are at a Unknown forest, which belongs to an evil entity, every inch of it can be your trashcan. :) So feel free to throw garbage at DST oceans and stuff.

The point is, as some point most trash is lagging older worlds and/or weaker servers/computers.

For example I cannot drown spiderhats, don't really need them, they can take a lot of space in chests and right now only way to get rid of excess is eye-plant.