Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 447213

Oozinator    2573
22 hours ago, suicide commando said:

Might want to give a little more information on when and how it's crashing.

Here you go

JRup    237
25 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Here you go

Any chance of getting the player.log file too... It might shed some more light from the perspective of the game (it may not be generated at all, now that I think about it...)
I did look at the log file on that post, seems like a dxdiag log file....

image.png.91b69dd9a09ba2b1346f9f2a8d6decba.png

Googling "aticfx64.dll crash" does show some interesting threads... For example:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/155514/crash-while-starting-aticfx64-dll-caused-an-access-violation-0xc0000005

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/191632-game-crashes-on-startup-with-unity-window/

It appears not only ONI is affected with directx shenanigans...

I also found some other threads relating it to an abhorrent piece of software (c--rix fill in the rest, hint: sounds lemony)

Can't recommend too much besides playing with steam launch options, but I really don't know which ones are compatible with ONI.

• Like 1

Oozinator    2573
10 hours ago, JRup said:

Any chance of getting the player.log file too...

Hey you, thank you for your time too.
No *.log created
but added the dxdiag in

Greetings

Katrash    1

The game crashes right after launch

[Game Update] - 447596
Missing substance or anim for element [MISSING.STRINGS.ELEMENTS.SUCROSE.NAME]
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Debug:LogError(Object)
GeneratedOre:LoadGeneratedOre(List`1)
LegacyModMain:LoadOre(List`1)
LegacyModMain:Load()
Assets:CreatePrefabs()
Assets:OnPrefabInit()
KMonoBehaviour:InitializeComponent()
KMonoBehaviour:Awake()
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, Transform)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, GameObject, String, Boolean, Int32)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, GameObject, String)
LaunchInitializer:Update()

JRup    237
7 hours ago, Katrash said:

[Game Update] - 447596

I would dare say you'd need to also go to the thread that is for update 447596. This one is for vanilla game and might not see the needed help.

Still, have you checked game integrity with steam?

• Thanks 1

Katrash    1
On 1/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, JRup said:

I would dare say you'd need to also go to the thread that is for update 447596. This one is for vanilla game and might not see the needed help.

Still, have you checked game integrity with steam?

Thanks, checking the files helped me

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:59 AM, Oozinator said:

Yepideyepyep

The crash you posted is caused be the "AMD Inc. Radeon DirectX 11 Driver" (aticfx64.dll) 

Check if maybe an driver update or downgrade helps your case. 

Edited by FenrirZeroZero
  • Like 1

babba    1371
On 1/20/2021 at 5:23 PM, Oozinator said:

Still crashing, tried some different drivers :)

Oozie, my good friend...I missed you and the good old funny times ! :cheerful:

Any chance you can put some Nvidia graphic card in your system, for a quick test to see if you still have the crash ? If it runs fine you could then try to erase all AMD/old ATI files from your system and try to get it working with your AMD card ( or is it a game issue? ). What is your exact graphic card model on which OS ? I haven`t played the game for a month, still waiting for radiation.

Hope you counter some of my jokes someday again my friend :p The forum got too serious ! :confused::rolleyes::emptiness:

-----------------

Update: Had a look through your posted system specs...There is also lots of Nvidia drivers...Ah, now the coin dropped and I understand you have got an Nvidia card currently in your system.

There seems to be quite some Unity game engine players suffering that crash with various game titles, googling "aticfx64 unity". I don`t want to sink further time in this, but maybe the Unity Engine tries to render/run the game with Ati libraries/drivers on your Nvidia system :confused: Keep in mind that your system components are up to 10 years old my dear friend and the system may be a bit software junked up...Wish I could send you a cold beer, help and hugs ! :bee:

If you perhaps want to upgrade someday, I had the game running recently on an dated but super stable and "cold running" strixx gtx1060, modded, super stable and "cold running" 7700k cpu with win10 build, no game crash at all ( base game & dlc, played the main game a few thousand cycles with hundreds of dupes and with "maximum built base map" at the end of 2020 ).

Did not dig too deep in to the DLC as most rockets and radiation are/had been missing, I read there is various DLC game play crashes which Klei seems to be fixing over time.

Base game may have changed meanwhile as they are fusing the DLC with the Base Game, don`t know if the Base Game would be currently 99.9% stable :confused: on my system, I don`t play it anymore anyway. Was fun playing the Base Game before DLC launch, as my last experienced crashes had taken Klei 1 year to fix. Was great to play the Base Game crash free with those components at the end of 2020 :p

image.png.cb0da6c15ec6788738c85294c0a44206.png

image.png.f2d6addc1bf579c46c190b9d5f9cbb09.png

As ONi performance tip, if you do perhaps want to someday upgrade:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Good value, was $299 but due to Covid supply chain collapses everything is getting expensive. Was happy to even get a fitness machine for "the old" price...The electronic component shortage now has also reached the car industry. Not even talking that its impossible to get any performance graphic cards anymore for less than a million ! Miners, Scalpers + Covid, will take years to recover price wise. End of rant :lol:

Its getting like in the Soviet Union...Soon one can trade an Abacus for 20 bottles of hand crafted beer and 1 gas mask.

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

Oozinator    2573
On 1/28/2021 at 3:17 AM, babba said:

Oozie, my good friend...I missed you and the good old funny times ! :cheerful:

Any chance you can put some Nvidia graphic card in your system,

Yes hoho brohoho it's already in there.
ATI was never included, always Nvidia.
Greetings you :)
Thank you for the detailed answer

I tried so many things now.. @Ipsquiggle
Complete deinstall
CCleaner
regedit - remove everything
Still crashing at menue, or at logo "stopped working" that really sucks, because ONI was my most loved game so far..

Edited by Oozinator

Oozinator    2573

I make a doublepost that you see it
I have fixed it..
Emisoft online armor caused it
I had to add the steam folder, to exclude it from firewall check.
Really no clue why i had to do it and why it worked before, but wanted to let you now @Ipsquiggle
Holy papoly ^.^

babba    1371
19 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I make a doublepost that you see it
I have fixed it..
Emisoft online armor caused it
I had to add the steam folder, to exclude it from firewall check.
Really no clue why i had to do it and why it worked before, but wanted to let you now @Ipsquiggle
Holy papoly ^.^

That's great news Oozie :)

...Also your new profile picture ROCKZ! Kind regards from babbalyptica, the inventor of the square wheel

• Happy Hazard 1