what have you been doing recently?

viberr

heya there everyone 

so one small thing that bothers me about the Klei forums is that there is no real place to talk about stuff that isn't related to Klei there is that one thread about what video games you play and i go on that from time to time but what if i watched a cool movie and wanted to talk about it or what if i watched a cool video and wanted to show it to people.yeah sure you can use status updates but not everyone uses those so basically there is no thread where you can do all that so hey i made one 

so what have you all been doing recently?

ill start 

i haven't been playing much games recently mainly because theres not much to play(hollow knight silksong when will you come out?) 

but i have been on youtube a lot and you guys will never guess what i waste most of my time watching?yup the answer is the Dream SMP if you don't know what the Dream SMP is,its basically a minecraft server based mainly around roleplay and man is the roleplay amazing.now since minecraft isn't that dramatic the Dream SMP community has taken it into their hands to make these really cool animatics and animations about the story of the Dream SMP and man are they amazing.my favorite one right now is desolate by late -august but i do also really like the two animatics SAD-IST made about the Dream SMP. i highly recommend you people to watch them even if you don't like the Dream SMP because people like SAD-IST and late-august need more recognition 

here are my favorite three animatics.watch them in order otherwise you will barely get the story (that is if you want to of course)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Working mostly. Barely playing games when I can. Listening to a lot of podcasts for entertainment and news. 

Legion of Skanks podcast, Real Ass Podcast, and Dave Smith's Part of the Problem podcast are probably my top most listened to right now. Every time a new election fraud hearing goes live I can't help but watch all 5-7 hours each of those!

As of late I've been playing alot of minecraft, specifically a modpack called "All the mods 3 remix" on a server with a group I'm part of.

Been doing alot of Advanced Rocketry, and yesterday I just managed to make a spaceship and started going to other planets.

By the way, the planet render looks really nice in the mod. Heres some pics of the planets from orbit that I have gone to.

20201230213629_1.thumb.jpg.e536361e3ea3b632c6740acb6b553c42.jpg

20201230223735_1.thumb.jpg.fb85ee6bfc8e37c4cb2b7c56d0227272.jpg

20201231002617_1.thumb.jpg.3f76adaa1ce881cdf2ca0976b6509407.jpg

Lately I’ve had the misfortune of having my house struck by lightning and the appliances in said house shorting out because of it- over the past 3 months I have had to replace the Washer, The Dryer, The Fridge, and now the Oven as well..

To be fair: all these appliances were old and probably needed replacing anyway, but when I say Money is tight, MONEY IS TIGHT, I can’t just afford to simply buy every skin Klei offers to sale: which is why I’m thankful that I can earn the majority of them for Free & the ones I do purchase are at a reasonable price.

I am hurting and sore all over from dragging dead appliances out of my house and into the back yard- Of which I still don’t know exactly what I’m going to do with.. 

And I’m trying to balance things dying left and right with having money left over to upgrade consoles to the Xbox Series X/S or PS5.. so lately I been busting my butt more than usual and saving up every dime I can get my hands on just to pay off everything and (hopefully) upgrade to a next gen console soon.

Grabbing a bag of popcorn and watching verbal World War break out on the forums, at first I was very very disheartened and sad- but now I’m just going to sit back (try to get a good laugh out of some of the funnier comments like my Roomba ShopCat Meme) and most importantly: Await Klei’s next move.

All eyes and ears are on them now- (and I seriously do have popcorn just scrolling the forums and playing Xbox)

I’m playing my favorite online game Shadowbound. This game is awesome! Though it is VERY addicting after the tutorial (the tutorial was SO BORING that it almost made me quit, so if you start, just suffer through it to get to the fun) Clothing pretty show-y, but in the real game you really don’t see it. The game also consists of other ‘mini-games’ such as trivia, farming and something called purgatory which is basically 10-15 dungeon floors made of puzzles. (I’m not going to explain it too much ’cause it’s not really the main point of the game) All in all, I think this is one of the most amazing games ever.

Still been doing a lot of pre-building for Mirage. (My story idea) and I'm starting to introduce them, they're on my off-topic art thread. I have a checklist for all the ideas I have for it. Including characters, flora, fauna etc. Turns out I have 104 things on that list and I've only completed 4. But as of now I'm just trying to get 10 things out before I crawl back into my laziness hole.

As of late now, I've been doing dev work for my modpack I'm working on.

Very recently decided to work on the title screen, it's not nearly as good as the big modpacks on curseforge, but I like how it turned out.

20210214081045_1.thumb.jpg.fc1481e5baadef7c129bcc309f2698ed.jpg

This modpack is currently private, but I'm hoping to make it a public pack in the future.

I am watching various videos where people are showing how they managed to start doing motion design. I want to change my specialty. So I'm moving a little bit towards my goal. The next step is to complete the courses. They are expensive, but I think that https://mr.bet/at will help me with this as always. I can often get there a large amount of money quickly. So I think I will succeed..

Well, I just managed to finish all my (big and important) exams for school, so it's just smooth sailing from here until summertime.

Game-wise, mostly have been playing DST (and sudoku, does that even count?). I also have been drawing a lot more, and I think I've improved a lot with proportions and anatomy, at least.

YouTube-wise, I've been watching animations/animatics, skits, and Sherlock Holmes BBC-related content, hehe ^v^

(First spoiler contains links to two of my favorite skit content creators, and the second spoiler is just a bunch of sherlock holmes vids that I canNOT get enough of, you have been warned)

Spoiler

His tabletalks are hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfHaVDvICCCHkuM0G-KzLkA

She talks about some controversial/serious topics, but in a friendly way (and her skits add quite the comic relief): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhyfYkhuVrzmvDr-WqpDSw

Spoiler

Sherlock Holmes BBC AAAAAAAA

~ Have a good day ~

Archived