hannimal123

Platform
Steam on a MacBook Pro, OS 10.13.6

Do you use mods?
 no

Version Number
 Rev 429404

Issue
I just bought Don't Starve on Steam. When I launch the game the home screen is non-responsive. The hover states work, I can tell what should be clickable, but I can't actually select "Play!" or "Options" or anything else. I've tried reinstalling and completely rebooting. Please help! I'm dying to play.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 3.38.35 PM.png

Sorry to hear about this. Do you happen to be using a touchpad or a mouse to click on the menu items? 

On the game's main menu, (you will be able to use your keyboard's directional keys and use your Enter key to go forward.) Go to "OPTIONS" > CONTROLS check to see if your Controls input is set to anything other than "Keyboard and Mouse". If so, please change it to "Keyboard and Mouse" instead.  Use the "Apply" button near the bottom left of the screen to complete the change.

If your control inputs are set to Keyboard and Mouse and clicks are not being recognized still, go into your "Controls" menu once more using your directional arrow and Enter keys > use the "Reset" button > use the "Apply" button to see if that makes a difference.

Archived