Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Issue: Steam Version Not Working for You

Melendwyr    10

I will note that this new version (linked to by A Bad Feeling above) works perfectly for me. (I'm waiting excitedly for my first bug!) :cD

I will note that this new version (linked to by A Bad Feeling above) works perfectly for me. (I'm waiting excitedly for my first bug!) :cD
The Quick Fix has my game running as well. Thank You XD.

These sure are good news to the developers!

Please, anyone who checked this possible "solution" come back here with some feedback. I believe it helps the devs a lot!

mandude81    10

Sadly, as stated in the fix, there are a few bugs with the new system. Such as,

Traps not working, while the animal dose get caught in the trap. picking up the trap dose not give you meat and dose not degrade the trap.

Bunnies not reappearing,after night time comes bunnies wont reappear the following day, ever. Interestingly not being around the rabbit hole when night comes can negate this. Rabbits actually do come back out, but are invisible rendering basically the same results.

(Visual) Less of a bug than a small (and i mean small) visual glitch when the character is idling causing a static like effect, or, black pixels on his face.

(Audio) Caught animals in traps noise will repeat if you leave an animal trapped, regardless of distance traveled from it.

Tall Birds, and their nests, might not be spawning. (wait found some)

All right that about dose it for me. cant really find anything else of particular note.

Just came around for another go. and i found out a new one.

(Crash) Trying to catch butterflies with a net crashes the game.

Didn't play five minutes more and found two more bugs.

(Bug) Digging up bushes after being re-planted causes them to be turned into twigs. This seems to be coupled on the new Fertilizer requirement for replanted bushes, and is not a bug.

(Bug) Having two of the same tool at the same time degrades both tools when using one or the other. (This might also be part of a random tool duplication glitch with items in the backpack. These items, while usable, will degrade both the original and the copied tool. Trying to equip both tools, at the same time, will reverse the glitch.)

Edited by mandude81

rouliroul    10
I am having the same issue as several other users. The game demo works fine in a browser, i purchased it on steam, and the graphics are unplayable. I have had no luck messing with the openGL settings, resolutions, screen mode, etc.

Toshiba

Win 8 (64bit)

Intel i7 (2.4GHz)

8Gb Ram

Intel HD4000

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402[/ATTACH]

Edit: It was using the HD4000, it works fine when I force it to use the NVS 5400M

Edited by rouliroul

Attckcat    10

I just wanted to add that my version started working. I let it run even longer, but I also went through and checked my sound settings and it seemed to start working after that.

The reason I mention it is that a another person I know with the game had it work fine. Until the game got muted (in Win7), then it would do the same freezing and high CPU usage that mine was doing. When it was unmuted and restarted, it seemed to work fine again. Their log file was the same as mine too.

FarofaMan    15

Thank you!

I can play now, I tried to play don't starve but, the graphics was so bad, there was only some pixels toguether, but with this Fixed one I can play it with no problems =D

I don't care about the bugs, i just to to play the game that i have purchased =D

Sorry for bad language i'm foreign

Kappei    10

The beta finally let me play this on Steam. Just one question: tha beta isn't synched with the official branch via Steam Cloud. I'm asking because I've already played some hours on another PC, but on the one who had problems there's no progress saved.

cprodrigues8    10

Hi, I`m new around here but I have the same problems that you have. And besides when I try to build de bee box it is also invisible rendering.

Sadly, as stated in the fix, there are a few bugs with the new system. Such as,

Traps not working, while the animal dose get caught in the trap. picking up the trap dose not give you meat and dose not degrade the trap.

Bunnies not reappearing,after night time comes bunnies wont reappear the following day, ever. Interestingly not being around the rabbit hole when night comes can negate this. Rabbits actually do come back out, but are invisible rendering basically the same results.

(Visual) Less of a bug than a small (and i mean small) visual glitch when the character is idling causing a static like effect, or, black pixels on his face.

(Audio) Caught animals in traps noise will repeat if you leave an animal trapped, regardless of distance traveled from it.

Tall Birds, and their nests, might not be spawning. (wait found some)

All right that about dose it for me. cant really find anything else of particular note.

Just came around for another go. and i found out a new one.

(Crash) Trying to catch butterflies with a net crashes the game.

Didn't play five minutes more and found two more bugs.

(Bug) Digging up bushes after being re-planted causes them to be turned into twigs. This seems to be coupled on the new Fertilizer requirement for replanted bushes, and is not a bug.

(Bug) Having two of the same tool at the same time degrades both tools when using one or the other.

Alderp    10

I already upadted all my drivers so heres my info, if you need anything else let me know, I really really wanna spend loads of hours into this game, thank you.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name ALDO-PC

System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

System Model QX310/QX410/QX510/SF310/SF410/SF510

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 05MX.M008.20110525.SCY, 5/25/2011

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\windows

System Directory C:\windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name Aldo-PC\Aldo

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.79 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.91 GB

Total Virtual Memory 7.58 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5.44 GB

Page File Space 3.79 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

JoeW    20,976

Ok, I have just confirmed that the glcrash fix will be making it's way to the next update Tuesday. We believe this will fix the vast majority of users experiencing this issue.

Those that may not be helped by this issue will be users whose graphic cards do not meet the minimum specs to play the game.

Thank you to all who helped us with the information and testing we needed to resolve this issue.

Lee    10

And if this test through glcrash fails? What will you do?

-

This here means something to you? I copied the Log.txt game.

Starting up

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (2188)

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()

cGame::StartPlaying

LOADING LUA

DoLuaFile data/scripts/main.lua

DoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.lua

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Staging_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(101,1) running main.lua

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Staging_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_sfx 0.7

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Staging_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_ambience 0.7

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Staging_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_music 0.7

Reset() returning

Error creating shader

Error creating shader

Shader(c:\users\jkwan~1.kle\appdata\local\temp\tmpl8sg3s\font.vs.tmp), Param(MatrixP) Idx(0)

Assert failure 'array_data.mGLIndex != 0xFFFFFFFF' at ..\source\renderlib\OpenGL\HWEffect.cpp(358): Trace follows...

Edited by Lee

jurban    10

After a week of trying to get the game to load, I FINALLY got it to work. Like many others, it was my video driver that was causing it to crash. Both Dell's and Nvidia's site told me that me that I had the latest drivers, but I re-installed them just in case. Unfortunately, that didn't work and I thought it was weird that the "latest" driver for my card was from 2007. I got my laptop in 2006, but I was pretty sure there had to be more driver updates beyond 2007.

I came across an application that did what Dell and Nvidia couldn't and it found all of the latest drivers for my components. Turns out I had 17 out of date drivers. It updated my video driver to the latest version (2011) and BAM, Don't Starve was finally playing on my screen.

LeD3athz0r    10
After a week of trying to get the game to load, I FINALLY got it to work. Like many others, it was my video driver that was causing it to crash. Both Dell's and Nvidia's site told me that me that I had the latest drivers, but I re-installed them just in case. Unfortunately, that didn't work and I thought it was weird that the "latest" driver for my card was from 2007. I got my laptop in 2006, but I was pretty sure there had to be more driver updates beyond 2007.

I came across an application that did what Dell and Nvidia couldn't and it found all of the latest drivers for my components. Turns out I had 17 out of date drivers. It updated my video driver to the latest version (2011) and BAM, Don't Starve was finally playing on my screen.

what application ? :confused:

FarofaMan    15
Ok, I have just confirmed that the glcrash fix will be making it's way to the next update Tuesday. We believe this will fix the vast majority of users experiencing this issue.

Those that may not be helped by this issue will be users whose graphic cards do not meet the minimum specs to play the game.

Thank you to all who helped us with the information and testing we needed to resolve this issue.

Weeeee =D, now i'll play it with no problems =D

Lee    10

People who have managed to run the game, tell how they got here because I'm already going crazy from trying.

Have reinstalled and updated the drivers, installed and reinstalled the game, I've used the beta glcrash and none of it worked.

Please which program with which way, you could play Don't Starve !

CEPendleton    10

I tried the GLCrash Beta fix and it tried to start crashed, but this time stayed open.

Here is the report it gave me.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: dontstarve_steam.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 50aa82dc

Fault Module Name: dontstarve_steam.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 50aa82dc

Exception Code: 80000003

Exception Offset: 0007db0b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt